Author Topic: why?  (Read 4506 times)

xspudx

• View Profile
why?
« on: 2005-05-28 20:41:04 »
qhimm why did you put the chocobo as a character on JENOVA if you cannot use it?

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
why?
« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-29 00:36:00 »
Hi Spud welcome to the forums..

That's a very good question indeed.. I was talking with Qhimm about it over a cup of coffee one morning while I cooked breakfast. Eggs and sausage jimmy dean style. We then decided to go out and start the day off right by picking up some beer and riding a train. We picked up some champaign, whiskey, beer, and sat in our seats. We then proceeded to drink until massively drunk. I asked Qhimm.. I said "Why do you have a chocobo there if we can't use it?" We then decided to go pick up some women it was night time and wound up at this awesome party.. We went to the bar and ordered some drinks surprisngly both of us could still walk.. There were two beautiful women that approached us and we talked with them all night.. We had a few more drinks, and took the women home. We ran into a wedding reception where we sang songs with everyone and met more beautiful women..

Wow .. we had a lot of fun..

JPWest

• View Profile
why?
« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-29 00:40:51 »
Caddberry:  That is probably the single greatest reply I have ever read.  Engaging story to, I would like to know how it finished up - assuming you have the time.

P.S. xspudx: I thought you could use the chocobo if you had stables... but it screws up if you dont.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
why?
« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-29 04:02:17 »
Ah, that was a great party... I recall I was explaining (a bit slurred after the rather large consumption of alcoholic beverages) to Caddberry that Jenova just exposes everything FF7 has built-in, including the chocobo character, even if not everything was actually meant to be used in the final game as members of your party... "Party!", Caddberry joyfully exclaimed, and started telling me about this great party he heard was being held somewhere, and we followed these extremely nice and friendly ladies there... Wine, women and song!

Oh, those were the days...

xspudx

• View Profile
why?
« Reply #4 on: 2005-05-29 15:19:42 »
i'm not talking about for the stables, you can select a character to use, such as sephiroth, chocobo young cloud and others....why the chocobo?

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
why?
« Reply #5 on: 2005-05-29 23:59:58 »
Quote from: xspudx
why the chocobo?

...Why not?  :wink:

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
why?
« Reply #6 on: 2005-05-30 03:37:01 »
everyone loves teh chocobo ><

xspudx

• View Profile
why?
« Reply #7 on: 2005-05-30 11:04:31 »
ugh, but u cant play as it, what was it put there for?? im not talking about the stable ones its supposebly for your party

MagiMaster

• View Profile
why?
« Reply #8 on: 2005-05-30 13:17:44 »
It sounds like Qhimm did it just for fun, but I don't know, you'll have to ask him.

However, it seems as if Qhimm can't get his mind off the women he saw that night...

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
why?
« Reply #9 on: 2005-05-30 13:35:09 »
Quote from: xspudx
ugh, but u cant play as it, what was it put there for??

You can't play as Sephiroth or Young Cloud either. Why are they in there? Hell, why was it made at all? Why are we here? Why do pigs make funny sounds when they're rolling in mud? Why does jello get that weird skin on the top if you leave it unconvered in the fridge? Why dont birds just stay in the south all year long? Why does one of my socks not match the others?

Just because.

Actually, my socks don't match cause Im lazy.

Dont bug out over it, it doesnt hurt anyone. Just enjoy  :wink:

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
why?
« Reply #10 on: 2005-05-30 14:26:13 »
Well, Qhimm did mention in his -somewhat delerious - post that he simply made it unlock everything in the game regardless of whether it's supposed to be used or not.

Quote from: Qhimm
I recall I was explaining (a bit slurred after the rather large consumption of alcoholic beverages) to Caddberry that Jenova just exposes everything FF7 has built-in, including the chocobo character, even if not everything was actually meant to be used in the final game as members of your party...

So it's there, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's useful.

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
why?
« Reply #11 on: 2005-05-31 01:25:19 »
Caddberry, you're my hero.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
why?
« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-11 03:19:14 »
Quote from: JPWest
Caddberry:  That is probably the single greatest reply I have ever read.  Engaging story to, I would like to know how it finished up - assuming you have the time..

Ok.. Well.. Like Qhimm said it was wine women and song.. Now when he started explaining about characters in your party it reminded me of a party that was going on so I quickly put an end to the editor talk seeing as how I wouldnt remember it in the morning anyway and we met the friendly ladies and off to the party we went..

Ohh.. Uh.. The ending? Uh.. well By that time we we're both pretty gone.. I think the two women we were with turned into Tifa and Aeris.. Or maybe we wound up cosplaying at the party? My memory is quite foggy.. I heard that there was a reporter in the party somewhere.. I think when the house burned down the party made headlines.. That's about all I remember.

So what were we talking about? Oh yeah! The editor the editor! Um.. What Qhimm said...

Quote from: Sukaeto
Caddberry, you're my hero.

Aww!! ~_^  ^_^