Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 692795 times)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #525 on: 2009-09-16 09:25:14 »
They look stunning!!!  :-o

They're more or less look like based on "real people". Even Jesse looks more " 16 yr old " now. And the pics you posted earlier were really great. Its more detailed than its predecessor ....

I love it!!!!  :evil:

Release ( plz. ) now!... :lol:

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2009-09-16 14:40:31 »
My opinion is that Wedge looks like he's in his mid 50's because of his haircut (it looks like he has a horseshoe and is bald on top).   I'm not sure how you could fix that, but everything else looks good to me  :-)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #527 on: 2009-09-16 20:22:36 »
My opinion is that Wedge looks like he's in his mid 50's because of his haircut (it looks like he has a horseshoe and is bald on top).   I'm not sure how you could fix that, but everything else looks good to me  :-)
LMAO QFT!  :-D

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2009-09-17 03:29:41 »

Looks like his age caught up with him :)

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2009-09-27 16:30:41 »

Deaths Head II

« Reply #530 on: 2009-09-27 21:05:52 »
I think the legs on that Barret look way better then the previous one.  :-)

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2009-09-30 15:14:25 »
Shape looks great, but please dont tell you are getting rid of the texture detail of the previous ver.? they will be added later right?

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2009-09-30 15:53:33 »
only texture that he had is his eyes and beard.
Or you mean Timu's Barret model?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2009-09-30 16:01:00 »
I think he's talking about the baked lighting.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2009-09-30 16:06:20 »
I think he's talking about the baked lighting.

I can add it but don't tell me after that something like "The models looks too dark in game!"
Game makes lighting by itself.I like them like they are... :|
But if you want it...

Deaths Head II

« Reply #535 on: 2009-09-30 18:39:12 »
I prefer the models to look darker. It fits the feel more.

destroyedweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2009-10-01 00:58:48 »
Ive never read a complain about models to dark with the current version. I dont know if its the light, detail or colouring but you may see it on your comparison of barret, even with the great improvement of shape, the other still looks somehow more real, all because of this details. I even think this is why some did not like the new Cloud, even though it was a great improvement of the shape, this details gave the old version a more realistic and cool feeling when ingame

« Last Edit: 2009-10-01 01:44:21 by destroyedweapon »

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2009-10-01 13:19:45 »
Yo squall got any updates on a vencent model

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2009-10-01 16:32:29 »
I'll try to make him tonight and post some screens! :wink:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2009-10-01 16:37:23 »
Sorry if it was explained earlier, but what exactly is the point of taking away the shading in the original models? I understand the recolor, and like the shape, but for recoloing, should you recolor each vertex relatively, rahter than just recoloring the entire object? (i assume individual vertex coloring is possible)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2009-10-01 17:48:31 »
Well, on Kimera individual vertex coloring is not possible (well, it is in fact, but in a very hackish way). You can however bake some pre-computed lighting using up to 4 light sources. You can also try to keep the original shading (that's usually quiet better than what you can do manually) by using the palletized model. This mode is not very reliable though and tends to produce somewhat unexpected results.

Anyway, I think the idea behind this movement was remove the inconstencies in shading caused by the baked lighting. Personally, I prefer to keep it though.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2009-10-01 18:48:21 »
Sorry if it was explained earlier, but what exactly is the point of taking away the shading in the original models? I understand the recolor, and like the shape, but for recoloring, should you recolor each vertex relatively, rahter than just recoloring the entire object? (i assume individual vertex coloring is possible)
Actually there is NO point of this.
First i just thought this will make models with original concept(Like Original Chibi was).With no lighting, polygons of every P part not so noticeable,because every part have it's own shadow that not changing!
Here what i mean:

On the screens it looks not so noticeable,but ingame it is.

Other and the MAIN reason is,that every battle part(that used for field model) have not one color

so every shadow color on model use it's own color.And make the same effect is not so easy.Even with Kimera lighting function you'll get not same effect.

As decision of this problems I'll make old version chars with MY new shape.But only the main party...
I hope Ice_cold will make patch with "Choose" option(maybe there still some people that like how my version looks  :-P)

P.S. Sorry for my English!!! :-D I hope you'll understand what i wanted to say!

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2009-10-01 18:53:27 »
Anyway, I think the idea behind this movement was remove the inconstencies in shading caused by the baked lighting. Personally, I prefer to keep it though.

Sorry,I don't really understood  :-D Do you like new models without shadows or prefer old version?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2009-10-01 19:27:09 »
Ah, k i get it now, thx for explanation, and props to yer work

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2009-10-01 22:00:31 »
I prefer de original shading squallff8. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to disencourage you, it's just a matter of tastes.

Terid__K

« Reply #545 on: 2009-10-02 00:15:19 »
Are you going to remake the battle models to match these? Because right now Cloud looks too different from his battle model, which would result in a weird field--->battle transition.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #546 on: 2009-10-02 00:21:29 »
With the Shadows is my vote.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2009-10-04 12:09:02 »
Yo squall got any updates on a vencent model

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2009-10-15 18:04:10 »
Hi everyone,

Lately, I've been working on a little program that gonna detect all files that every model need in separate folders and discard every other files.  This gonna clean up the project and help organize the models when working on them.  Later there will be a option to take every files in every folders back together(still by discarting every unused file).  I also added a little error detector in case some HRC or RSD files have been corrupted with everyone that are working on them.  So far I found an error with Aeris when she has the flowers... don't know if it has been fixed though since I don't think I made my tests on the lastest files:-P. So well.. if anyone had any problem with this part of the game it's gonna be fixed on the next version....(if not already)

While making my tests it came to my attention that the original char.lgp has 385 HRC files where the PRP project has 422.  Since it's the game itself that calls the HRC files it makes no sense that our project has more HRC than the original one.  Anyone knows why ?(of course I'm asking to the member of the project since most user won't know what I'm talking about :-P).  If no one knows why, I gonna add an option to clear every HRC that aren't on the original LGP.

Also Borde contact me when you have the time I found a bug with kimera that I can help you with while I was debuging my program.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-15 18:26:41 by stormmedia »

posh927

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2009-10-15 21:40:43 »
@ Storm:
That sounds really good! :-D