Author Topic: I guess that's it, guys  (Read 36164 times)

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
Re: I guess that's it, guys
« Reply #50 on: 2015-08-05 19:28:44 »
So there is no rest for the weary I guess...

It seems that at least some of you have more trust in TA than in Shinra Electrical, err.. I mean S.E.  :-o
hmmm is it a coincidence that both companies have the same initials...??
 8-)

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2015-08-09 03:49:00 »
I'll try to keep it mostly in retro spect with TA work.
What you are making is for the OLD FF7 not the remake, if the remake is not the same game.
I see no reason too stop. Especially if they dropped content (how is that a remake then?)
If you want to stop that's a different reason.

Cyb
« Last Edit: 2015-08-09 04:07:30 by Cyberman »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2015-08-09 09:24:39 »
I'll try to keep it mostly in retro spect with TA work.
What you are making is for the OLD FF7 not the remake, if the remake is not the same game.
I see no reason too stop. Especially if they dropped content (how is that a remake then?)
If you want to stop that's a different reason.

Cyb

But maybe it will be easier to mod the New to the Old game back?

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2015-08-09 18:03:40 »
But maybe it will be easier to mod the New to the Old game back?
I think you are under estimating how much time it will take for doing that. Essentially you would have to:
  • know the new content format
  • know what needs converted
  • can create packages the new engine will accepted
The remake is likely to be 3d and a completely different engine, specifically it will be a LICENSED engine. This means encryption or content protection. So knowing the format is inadequate because it's scrambled and the key is burried in the executable and that is standard crypto key which means you won't be able to extract it without extraordinary means.

Now the brutal reality is, this is the same as starting the project over in terms of effort.
Cyb

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2015-08-10 11:10:45 »
I think you are under estimating how much time it will take for doing that. Essentially you would have to:
  • know the new content format
  • know what needs converted
  • can create packages the new engine will accepted
The remake is likely to be 3d and a completely different engine, specifically it will be a LICENSED engine. This means encryption or content protection. So knowing the format is inadequate because it's scrambled and the key is burried in the executable and that is standard crypto key which means you won't be able to extract it without extraordinary means.

Now the brutal reality is, this is the same as starting the project over in terms of effort.
Cyb

The UT4 engine is available for free for a non-commercial use and also there are many games which will use this engine, so it is only a matter of time when tools are ready to modify the game.

As much as I would like to see this project finished, we don't have the personal resources nor the amount of time it would take to finish. With the announcement of the remake we have even a deadline and the worst thing a graphical reference which will lets look this project amateurish (I know that it isn't, but tell this the people who have never played the first release and are now trolling through the internet).

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2015-08-10 22:07:41 »
The UT4 engine is available for free for a non-commercial use and also there are many games which will use this engine, so it is only a matter of time when tools are ready to modify the game.

As much as I would like to see this project finished, we don't have the personal resources nor the amount of time it would take to finish. With the announcement of the remake we have even a deadline and the worst thing a graphical reference which will lets look this project amateurish (I know that it isn't, but tell this the people who have never played the first release and are now trolling through the internet).
Their is Qgears which uses Ogre3d and a straight forward self engine. Actually people have tested stuff from TA in Qgears.
It's moving steadily along as far as I can see.
The big difference is Qgears does not limit you to just the original format. It imports it into Qgears.

Cyb

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2015-08-11 09:09:07 »
As much as the Trailer promise they make a huge FF7 world. They have professional artists and probably have hired some freelancer for the project. Here was always the problem that people have started and then after they hit a few problems they lost the interest or they realized how much time this project will eat.
I'm pretty sure with a good workflow and a good resource development things will speed up. But it needs people for that and it was always hard to convince people for the project and with the announced remake it is even harder.

Regarding QGears I hope that it will become workable soon. I mean for programmer noobs like me. Mostly I want it to make my own FF7 prequel project because I think a story about the Cetra and how they sealed Jenova (or whatever they have called it/her) is more interesting as about stuff we actually knew a bit.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-11 09:35:49 by Kaldarasha »

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2015-08-11 16:16:06 »
We don't have the personal resources nor the amount of time it would take to finish. With the announcement of the remake we have even a deadline and the worst thing a graphical reference which will lets look this project amateurish (I know that it isn't, but tell this the people who have never played the first release and are now trolling through the internet).
I very much agree. At best (with all the time in the world), we might have been able to make something near the quality of FFX remaster. For having played it, while I didn't find it bad, the game felt dated nonetheless. As a player, I'm much more interested in a remake than a remaster.

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2015-08-11 16:48:46 »
Do you just mean awkward controls wise etc? QGears can fix these things.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2015-08-12 15:37:47 »
For FFX Remaster, it's a combination of things. Let me list a few: random encounters with turn-based battles, uneven quality of character models (main characters were nicely remodeled, but most NPCs had the PS2 poly-count, and even with re-texturing, you feel it), dated animations, some narrative elements... they're mostly inherent limitations of what a Remaster offers.

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2015-08-30 05:03:07 »
Sticky?

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2015-09-05 10:57:09 »
Sticky?

Why? Mod development isn't stopping so there is no need to sticky a thread called "That's it guys"...