Author Topic: Yoichi Wada, Square Enix Japan CEO, Resigns  (Read 3947 times)

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
Yoichi Wada, Square Enix Japan CEO, Resigns
« on: 2013-03-26 11:21:03 »
Some shocking news has recently come to light regarding the Japanese branch of Square Enix. Yoichi Wada, the CEO of the company, will be stepping down at the end of June. He will be replaced by Yosuke Matsuda, who is currently the representative director of the company.

Matsuda joined Square in 2001 as senior vice president and has steadily climbed the ranks of the company over the past dozen years. The exact date of his instatement has not been revealed as of yet.

This piece of news sure has spiced up what would have been a regular Tuesday evening. I’ll admit, I’m not entirely surprised; the company revealed that it lost quite a large sum of money last year, and just recently, they slashed their consolidated results forecast. The company is expecting less digital sales, and are expecting to lose just over $106 million USD.

What do all of you make of this? Do you think this will be good for the company, or is it too early to tell? Maybe a new boss is just what Square Enix needs to dig itself out of its current situation and win back its fans. Here’s hoping for an improvement.

Source: http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20130326_02en.pdf

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Yoichi Wada, Square Enix Japan CEO, Resigns
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-26 11:46:29 »
Not shocked... DLPB is taking over!

Who wouldn't resign under DLPB's shadow of criticism :P :P This is your chance to make us all proud :D

Final Heaven: A Melancholy Tribute to Final Fantasy VII (2013) Full Album
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 15:27:08 by LeonhartGR »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-26 15:15:51 »
Identical to EA CEO, I just don't know what to think of it yet. The decision to resign was based on a loss of money, so will they just bring someone else in that has a better business model? My issue with that is how all attention seems aimed toward profits, which I have no doubts in my mind now that it takes away from quality. SE games just aren't as fun anymore.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-26 20:24:48 »
Apparently they're blaming their western studios... never mind that Tomb Raider was a massive success. I guess >3mil sales in one month isn't enough.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-27 00:36:59 »
Lets hope they will stop making sh*ty ios games that no one will buy and start making games that made people fall in love with Square in the first place. Or finish games already in production instead of making other games and scattering developing teams apart.

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-27 04:15:38 »
So how does having a CEO resigns/replaced affect the games produced by Squeenix exactly?
No, it's not a rhetorical question. I'm seriously asking :).

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-27 21:08:23 »
Apparently they're blaming their western studios... never mind that Tomb Raider was a massive success. I guess >3mil sales in one month isn't enough.

That's because they're japanese. The japanese always blame oversea markets.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-27 23:49:16 »
I've always believed that the new Tomb Raider might save Square after the last  huge sales they've achieved, even if they are only involved in production...

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-04 20:08:25 »

New Square Enix President Will Review Whole Company
Yosuke Matsuda will “fundamentally review what works and what doesn’t.”

Matsuda said that “due to the radical change of environment, I’d like to fundamentally review what works and what doesn’t work for our company, then cast all of our resources towards extending what makes us successful and thoroughly squeezing out what doesn’t.”
« Last Edit: 2013-04-05 05:49:06 by LeonhartGR »