Author Topic: FF8 ps3 psv save file edit  (Read 8978 times)

Link

• View Profile
FF8 ps3 psv save file edit
« on: 2015-01-20 05:36:53 »
So, I do not own a PSP, and the only method I found to edit these files requires one.

I was wondering if I gave someone my psv game file, would they be able to edit a few things for me? Basically just want to have ultimate weapons, more HP, bonus hp/str/luck/etc and a lot of money.

Would appreciate this much! PM me, thanks!

If I am in the wrong section, would someone link me to the proper place to ask for this.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-20 06:24:09 by Link »

Halfer

• View Profile
Re: FF8 ps3 psv save file edit
« Reply #1 on: 2015-01-20 17:27:01 »
PSP is not the only method. You actually were really close to your solution since you came all the way here.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9713.0

This is what you are looking for and you do not need PSP for this, only PC to open your save file.

Link

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-01-20 20:07:51 »
I've actually tried that, and it corrupts my file.

So then I clicked on the 'How to use Hyne with PSP or PS3' link and I've checked the workarounds, however I have the retail ps3 and I do not own a ps2 for the homebrew

Is there any method for the retail ps3 version?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2015-01-21 12:34:47 »
the only method is for you to use black chocobo and input the correct key and seed. i have not tried with non ff7 data but it should work if you get the correct key/seed pair. you might have to try several combos. if you find one that works let me know and well will make it default for newer bc versions.

http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/Keys
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/ps3/Seeds

Link

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-01-21 15:58:15 »
Thx!

Also, what is the ff7 retail ps3 method, got a link? + working seed/key

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #5 on: 2015-01-21 17:10:43 »
Quote from:  black chocobo FAQ
PSV/PS3 Files: This Format does contain a signature from the console. were pretty sure we have the method correct in 1.9.83. Please try keys and seeds from the ps3 dev wiki let us know what combos work for you.

Xinlus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-01-21 22:15:25 »
I transfer the save to a psx's memory card with ulaunchELF's PS2 and then to a PS3 with the official memory card adapter.

Link

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-01-22 01:52:51 »
I transfer the save to a psx's memory card with ulaunchELF's PS2 and then to a PS3 with the official memory card adapter.

Can you elaborate a bit on this?

Is this for the retail version, with nothing that I have to buy?

Just simple free PC downloads and a USB stick is the method I am looking for.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #8 on: 2015-01-23 04:10:28 »
the only method that you can use with out a homebrew enabled ps2, cfw psp or a cfw ps3 is to use black chocobo 1.9.83 or higher and input the correct key/seed combo. I am unaware of any other software that will even attempt to sign psv files. I don't know the correct combo or i would have made it so the user didn't need to input them in black chocobo. if they are found out signing will be much easier in future released of black chocobo and im sure myst or myself would make it so hyne could also sign them.

also by "retail" do you mean that you have disc version of ff7 ? because it does not matter if you have disc version of psn version for any of the work arounds as they both look for the same files on your "memory card" on the playstation.

Link

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-01-23 19:22:26 »
the only method that you can use with out a homebrew enabled ps2, cfw psp or a cfw ps3 is to use black chocobo 1.9.83 or higher and input the correct key/seed combo. I am unaware of any other software that will even attempt to sign psv files. I don't know the correct combo or i would have made it so the user didn't need to input them in black chocobo. if they are found out signing will be much easier in future released of black chocobo and im sure myst or myself would make it so hyne could also sign them.

also by "retail" do you mean that you have disc version of ff7 ? because it does not matter if you have disc version of psn version for any of the work arounds as they both look for the same files on your "memory card" on the playstation.

By retail I mean original ps3(non modded, straight from the store), I don't know the slang that is used but I think it's called OFW?

And I'll try to fiddle with some seeds/keys