Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001498 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.4]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #225 on: 2010-10-12 12:13:54 »

Im using psxfin which saves memory cards as binary files. Black Chocobo doesn't detect them, but will load them once *.* has been used. I can then edit everything I want, but that's as far as it goes. I tried resaving the file as card2, but ff7 will only prompt me to reformat it. I've tried exporting it, but how do I get it back into my card file?

doing that will never make you save work, forcing *.* should tell b.choco to open it as a psx raw save game and when u save the file there is no header data.  if you can send me a working copy of your .bin file i will see what i can do to get it working in correctly for 1.5

there will never be a Save button. If you want to overwrite your file then save with the same file name/path that you opened.. (this will be ezer in 1.5 since you can set default paths for a few items).

Phaedron

« Reply #226 on: 2010-10-14 12:23:32 »
Yes, definitely issues with headers. Currently, when I export it prompts to add Sxx (01-15) and half the time I pick a number it gives me an error message about headers. After a few tries it It'll export without error.

Then I send it over to the memory card program. It will add the save file to the memory card, but most of the time when I go to play the rom it still won't be there. If I delete saves in mem they become grey unusable space and the rom can still load them. So what I actually have to do most times is reformat the memory card, then add the save file. I say most because the very first time everything worked like a charm, and sometimes it still does.

My compliments on the program. It has allowed me to make the game interesting by starting with all those fun support materia and a wizard bracelet or two to get 8 link slots without raising attributes much (aside from the +20% magic which doesn't help much at this point in the game) I have Cloud attacking twice, barret with a slash all, and Aeris/Tifa with the hp mp switch, and she counters with restore if attacked. It's also allowed me to adjust levels and attributes so that all this badassery doesn't make the game too easy. I'm about to attack the shinra building and I'm only level 9. I originally tried to use cheat codes, but couldn't find any means of implementing them, so this editor turned out to be the best option.

I can easily send you a copy the mem card files, just tell me where to send it...

On an unrelated note, somewhere in this forum someone made a custom graphics engine for ff7. If someone knows and could answer a noob question, I'd like to know what type and what version of FF7 it works with. Based on some of the files mentioned I'd assume a pc version, but there was also mention of some features for roms, so I honestly don't know. I downloaded it, but it wants a registry file...
« Last Edit: 2010-10-14 12:34:22 by Phaedron »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #227 on: 2010-10-14 12:32:29 »
just send, them to my email @ gmail.com .

you need to add -Sxx to make is have a slot header.(ill have to double check my error message make sure it correct)

Phaedron

« Reply #228 on: 2010-10-14 12:45:10 »
Perhaps you think we've met somewhere... I don't know your email, and nothing is letting me post attachments here, in the pm, or in my profile, nor is there a visible email in yours... This could be because I only signed up here a few days ago.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2010-10-14 16:40:05 »
His username @ gmail.com silly

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #230 on: 2010-10-14 18:09:23 »
His username @ gmail.com silly
thank you sl :)

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2010-10-15 10:46:50 »
When I edit Run Speed or Sprint values for a chocobo, they reset to whatever they were before once I have saved, and sometimes once I have changed tabs. I normally would be trying to set them to 6000, because I understand that's the max, but they reset at other values just the same.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #232 on: 2010-10-15 12:00:36 »
When I edit Run Speed or Sprint values for a chocobo, they reset to whatever they were before once I have saved, and sometimes once I have changed tabs. I normally would be trying to set them to 6000, because I understand that's the max, but they reset at other values just the same.

i will look in to that.. as far as i know the chocobos should be working just fine.

edit: ok it all works fine now..  i had forgoten to code those events.. so there was never a change saved.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-15 21:54:01 by sithlord48 »

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2010-10-15 21:17:42 »
I appreciate it.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #234 on: 2010-10-15 22:09:11 »
sorry you will have to wait for 1.5 to come out for the fix.. but if you want you can compile the code yourself by dowloading a tarball of the trunk folder of projects svn or click Here for a magicly always up to date tarball.

from there reguardless of your operating system you basicly get qt sdk, install it.  extract the tarball and just load the .pro in qtcreator, then build.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2010-10-15 22:20:48 »
Well, I don't know about any of that, so I suppose I will look around your links, and then decide. Thanks.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #236 on: 2010-10-25 02:07:22 »
Just some updates,

made a correct installer for windows to be used w/ newer releases. also been making a bunch of other changes so be sure to look at that change logs for more info.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.5]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #237 on: 2010-10-30 02:16:13 »
Version 1.5 has been released,(link on first page)

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2010-10-31 10:01:59 »
Version 1.5 has been released,(link on first page)

me thanks and loves you very much lol <3
wonderful new release :3

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #239 on: 2010-10-31 15:02:23 »
i started to work on the next version , to fix a bug i have discovered when saving mcr/mcd files (this will also affect vmp / psv files when save is enabled someday in the future)

the header data does not get appended if you copy of remove slots from the "card". so i have whipped up a system to detect region info and write it to the header aread of the  mcr file correctly. but there seams to be a bit more data that needs to be changes, mean while if your having issues w/ an mcr. make sure there is legit header data for the # of saves you want (if in doubt just save in the first location on different slots to create it). this system will also allow for conversion between regions, when finished

these changes will be released as part of 1.5.x or 1.6 depending on how it goes.

Edit:: It appers That i have it all working if someone w/ non us FF7 who can load .mcr files, would  Test Loading from this file(link removed test is over)
and post the results.

it should be like this  (load results - <who>)
slot 1 : usa (disk id = 94163) (Working!-sithlord48)
slot 2 : empty
slot 3 : pal_generic (disk id = 00867) (Working!- DLPB)
slot 4 : pal_german (disk id =00869)
slot 5:  pal_spanish (disk id = 00900)
slot 6: empty
slot 7: jpn (disk id = 00700) (Working!-DLPB)
slot 8: jpn_international (disk id = 01057)(Working!-DLPB)
rest of the slots are empty

note: there is a small bug that shows if you look at these mcr files in a psx mem tool, the times will be displayed incorrectly.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-25 14:42:21 by sithlord48 »

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2010-11-04 20:20:42 »
I can't use Black Chocobo, and it would save my life ;__;

The reason is simple : my game is heavily modded, so when I try to load my save into Black Chocobo, the program just crashes (with all versions).

It's annoying, because I desperately need to use it. You see, Red XIII just joined me, but I realized that his starting materia / equipment is wrong. So I corrected this inside the Kernel, but since this is part of the game's initial data, it doesn't change what Red XIII comes equipped with, inside the save file (and the boss battle heavily relies on Red XIII...).

So I have two options : either play through the game from the beginning again, or wait until Black Chocobo can load heavily modded save files... ...That is, if you plan on making modded save files compatible with Black Chocobo of course, SithLord ;) (something that I would immensely appreciate).

If you want to experience this crash yourself, here is the link to my save file:

http://membres.multimania.fr/ouaibmasteure/

(it's save.rar)

It's the one in the first slot. Making your program compatible with
mods (if that's even possible) would ease the life of many modders, myself included  ;D
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04 21:04:55 by Armorvil »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #241 on: 2010-11-04 21:11:30 »
Making BC mod-compatible isn't really an option. There's a near-infinite number of ways mods can rearrange items, materia, spells etc. It's probably more feasible to compare the objects in an original kernel and your own, and on that basis determine which settings in BC will yield what you're wanting.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #242 on: 2010-11-04 21:28:47 »
@armorvil, thats quite an issue there, i would at very least like to see where my program is crashing (im guessing  its an overflow on one of the arrays or structs from the rearangement of the savemap). but sadly that server won't send me the file (feel free to email it to me @ gmail.com). basicly bosola is correct in that there are a lot of ways the map can be created. in your case i might be able to force B.choco to fix your issue by changing some of the "check to see if this is a save" code but im not sure unless i can get the file.

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2010-11-04 21:37:40 »
Ah, well. I found a workaround. I can use Kranmer's teleport trainer to teleport to a shop, edit said shop so it sells the materia I'm missing, and finally : open the menu after naming Red XIII with Kranmer's trainer, and equip the materia. And there also was the solution of editing the field script of an area so the game hands me the materia.

Still, I'm sending you the file by email, Sithlord, if you want to see what's going on ^^

EDIT : I called you Kranmer, Sithlord...  :-[ Can you believe that ?!
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04 22:39:46 by Armorvil »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #244 on: 2010-11-04 21:39:55 »
Ah, well. I found a workaround. I can use Kranmer's teleport trainer to teleport to a shop, edit said shop so it sells the materia I'm missing, and finally : open the menu after naming Red XIII with Kranmer's trainer, and equip the materia. And there also was the solution of editing the field script of an area so the game hands me the materia.

Still, I'm sending you the file by email, Kranmer, if you want to see what's going on ^^

alright cool i'll be checking my mail shortly

what version are you using im currently running 1.5.1 (its 1.5 w/ region detection for mcr saves) , and it loads correctly., no crash..
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04 22:45:18 by sithlord48 »

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2010-11-04 21:47:52 »
Email sent :)

By the way, of course, I don't expect my name changes to appear into the editor... ...I know that, for example, I'll have to choose a Speed Drink if I want to add a Cure Stone. What I would love though, is for the program not to crash when I load my save file ^^
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04 21:50:09 by Armorvil »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #246 on: 2010-11-04 21:52:37 »
idk why yours is crashing.. what os are you running btw?

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2010-11-04 21:54:55 »
I'm using Black Chocobo v1.5, on Windows XP. It's odd that it doesn't crash, for you...

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #248 on: 2010-11-04 21:58:10 »
please check your email.

edit: update, ok when i compile it for windows.. in my windows VM it crashes w/ your save, this does not happen on my computer running kubuntu 10.10 w/ kde 4.5.3.

edit: edit: this crash also happens on Mac Os X. (10.5.5).
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04 22:44:22 by sithlord48 »

Armorvil

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2010-11-04 22:00:58 »
Doing it now. In the meantime, here is a screenshot (for posterity ?) :

EDIT : silly me, instead of teleporting, I can just call the sector 7 shop with Kranmer's beta trainer, to fix my problem ^^
« Last Edit: 2010-11-04 23:00:11 by Armorvil »