Author Topic: Msn Mesenger?  (Read 8845 times)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« on: 2001-08-08 23:36:00 »
Since there isnt a slot for it on profiles...
I'm just wondering if any one here is on Msn mesenger. I have way abadoned ICQ for being the spawn of AOL/Saten.
I'm [email protected] is any one want to talk to me.

I can really recomend this over ICQ. It isnt bloted. It dosent take about 10 seconds to load on an Atholn 650. It doesnt lag. Sure there were some problems with the servers a while back but there fixed now.

If any one wants to try this the website is here: http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/messengerservice/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/messengerservice/

I will be playing Giants( :D) multiplayer for quite a while tonight but I will be on later is any one is intrested.

MMiller8

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #1 on: 2001-08-09 01:30:00 »
GIANTS MULTIPLAYER??? Oh my god!  We probably know each other from gamespy!  Whats your GS screenname?  I'm The Luggage!

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #2 on: 2001-08-09 01:34:00 »
Now the funny thing is you recommend switching away from ICQ because it's owned by AOL, when Msn is owned by Microsoft...

Not saying you don't have valid points though.

(Here's for ICQ: It's an open protocol available on other systems than Windows, and since it's not created by Microsoft it's probably a better technical solution.

Personally I go for email and IRC though...)

Edea

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #3 on: 2001-08-09 07:33:00 »
I like MSN. Not sure why. I have ICQ but I never use it. Anyways, [email protected] is where I can be found! I'm usually only on late at night though!

eerrrr

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #4 on: 2001-08-09 13:27:00 »
I quite like MSN. My address is [redacted]. I'm on it quite a lot so I'll add you all and if you feel like chatting just talk to me. My sister uses ICQ, I tried it a couple of times but I dont really like it.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22 14:03:59 by eerrrr »

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #5 on: 2001-08-09 15:26:00 »
I havent seen you around MMiller8. but thats probley becuase I go though periods of playing madly for a few days and then not playing at all.
I signed up with a small clan a while ago but I havent got a reply yet....
Yea I will be on later I supose. If I see you around I will make sure to shove a proximety missle down your throat  :D

And I have Eerrrr and Titondude on my list now..supose I will talk to you larer. About to add Edea.

I will have to dig up a topic by Dry Ice C02 made on Final Fantasy Alpha about how bad a peice of spy ware ICQ really is. *shakes head* terrible.

Souliesh

• View Profile
    • http://fly.to/finalfantasiaviii
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #6 on: 2001-08-09 16:28:00 »
oh well , u guys hav the msn messenger ?
let's chat man .........my one is

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Souliesh (edited August 09, 2001).]

Edea

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #7 on: 2001-08-09 18:01:00 »
Ok another question! I've heard a little bit about it but explain "spyware" to me? In case your wondering I've only had my comp for a year and just recently started chatting on the net (except i don't go to chatrooms-people are so not nice). That's why I don't know any of this stuff! :)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #8 on: 2001-08-09 18:34:00 »
Spy Ware can come under many things.
In most cases spy ware is something that will take information about what webpages you visit and send it off to some big companie for analysys.

ICQ is huge spyware since all conversations are monitered in it. That is the worst kind of spy ware. Sure they are other kinds but I'm just to damn tired to tpye any more...

MMiller8

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #9 on: 2001-08-09 21:42:00 »
What's your screenname?  SirCanealot?  I have'nt played in about a month and a half.  I love the game though.  How long have you been playing?  (Me, since the beginning!)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #10 on: 2001-08-10 00:40:00 »
Yea I'm SirCanealot.
I played for a while a month or two back. And have reccently started playing again.
But that game tends to get boring in multiplayer. Not much to do  :(

MMiller8

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #11 on: 2001-08-10 16:31:00 »
HAH!  Boring?!  Wait...  I stopped playing for a month and a half.  Eh.  TRIBES 2 RULES!

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #12 on: 2001-08-10 10:52:00 »
Edeas.. spyware is pretty much what Sir Canealot said.. an example is IMESH a file sharing program.. n e way.. when u install imesh it loads a program in the back called CD_LOAD if you just loaded it and press CTRL-ALT-DEL you can see it i think.. better way is to go to MSCONFIG sorry.. (START) (RUN) (MSCONFIG) and see what is actually loading when windows loads up.. there are so many more programs that do that.. most are harmless if you dont mind a slight invasion of privacy.. and some programs wont load if you take out their spyware.. Its becoming a big issue however.. infact when you register windows and all that crap that all gets sent out and any other personal info about yourself that you registered like company.. time surfed.. where surfed.. etc.. so uh there ya have it  :)

Edea

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #13 on: 2001-08-10 15:00:00 »
Whoa didn't know that. I have IMESH. guess i'll just have to live with it!! :)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #14 on: 2001-08-12 11:17:00 »
Yeah unless you hack around it then your stuck with it. .i forgot to mention that imesh is one of those programs that wont run if you uninstall the spyware with a program.. but if you kill CD_Load then uh it still runs fine.. atleast mine does.. cuz i use it 2

Jedimark

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #15 on: 2001-08-12 12:15:00 »
Back to MSN Messenger here and my address is [email protected]

M0T

• View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #16 on: 2001-08-12 16:30:00 »
hehehehe I hate ICQ I dont know why I just dont like it. I use MSN and my address is
[email protected] just dont send any emails there cos it won't work.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Msn Mesenger?
« Reply #17 on: 2001-08-12 16:36:00 »
U know msn is good  :)
im available for chating and general technical chat add me:
[email protected]
ff7 remake members highly welcome  :D