Author Topic: The Squall's Dead Theory  (Read 91339 times)

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
Re: The Squall's Dead Theory
« Reply #150 on: 2010-06-29 13:46:39 »
Actually, the Final Fantasy producer said Final Fantasy 7 is Final Fantasy X in the future. Not sure if you were mocking that, or did not know.

It is noted in an official book (FFオフィシャルブック) that Spira is the world of Final Fantasy VII, but in a far distant past. Pyreflies are also equivalent to Lifestream of the latter game, though appearing in different forms.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010-06-29 13:54:46 »
I would call that more of a metaphorical comparison than a literal one, but I suppose it does make some sense.  Sin could be a WEAPON, couldn't it?

Adhira

« Reply #152 on: 2010-06-29 14:17:04 »
If only all these reflections and acrobatics of logic were used to actually figure out how to mod the games in question better....i wonder at what point we would be.

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2010-06-29 15:24:12 »
Probably nowhere. There would be to much thinkin', and not enough doin'

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2010-06-29 15:44:12 »
FF in General:

What if all the final fantasy are just part of one long timeline that is constantly changing because of earth shattering events that rearange the planet it self, and the games are all just important events in the timeline of the planet whenever it's threated by some strong, evil individual?

Or rather, what if all the final fantasy games are all the same story taking place in different possible dimensions? ;D :P

i think dissidia beat you to it. because the concept of the game is pretty much the way you described.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #155 on: 2010-06-29 16:18:31 »
http://www.willamette.edu/~ejohnson/findex.htm
Something I stumbled across ages ago.

Krimson Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2010-06-29 19:33:09 »
That's very interesting, I made a few of those connections on my own such as in FF9 you walk into the weapons shot at Lindblum and you'll notice a large sword on the wall, if you press the "ok" button at it he'll say something like "I remember a guy with spiky hair who used to wield something like this" which would only lead one to believe he's referring to cloud. At some point when I noticed all these connections I myself couldn't help but believe the possibility that all these final fantasies are somehow connected to the same universe and really are distant sequels and prequels of each other. The only FF I couldn't find a connection with was FF8, I can't see how it's connected to any other FF. 

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #157 on: 2010-06-29 19:35:01 »
Well, the ifrit from FF8 looks a lot like the one from FFX. That's pretty much all I can think of :P

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2010-06-29 23:55:34 »
That's very interesting, I made a few of those connections on my own such as in FF9 you walk into the weapons shot at Lindblum and you'll notice a large sword on the wall, if you press the "ok" button at it he'll say something like "I remember a guy with spiky hair who used to wield something like this" which would only lead one to believe he's referring to cloud. At some point when I noticed all these connections I myself couldn't help but believe the possibility that all these final fantasies are somehow connected to the same universe and really are distant sequels and prequels of each other. The only FF I couldn't find a connection with was FF8, I can't see how it's connected to any other FF.
I think in FF9 it also says the names of Cloud and Squall in the end of the game?? And in FF8 maybe the technology they use is the same with FF13. Can't think of anything for ff8 so that's that. :)

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2010-06-30 01:12:03 »
I believe they're called Easter eggs...

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2010-06-30 04:27:33 »
OH MAH GAWD. While we're talking about relationships between ff games, I just noticed one between FF9 and FF1. In FF9, Garnet plays the role of a character called Princess Cornelia in the play. There's a town in FF1 called Cornelia/Corneria, it's the first town in the game. And the princess of Cornelia is called Sarah. Garnet's real name is Sarah. COINCIDENCE?!?!?

Here's another one. At the end of FF9, Garnet tells Zidane something along the lines of "Neither Cloud nor Squall shall come between us." Maybe that is a symbol to tell us that Cloud and Squall won't come between them because both characters died!@$% Lulz k nao I'm just trawlin' but I *was* srs about the reference that FF9 had about princess Sarah of Cornelia. FF9 has a lot of older FF references anyway. :)

EDIT: I just noticed that Nikfrozty mentioned that Squall and Cloud are mentioned in FF9. Srry I missed that. :P
« Last Edit: 2010-06-30 04:46:47 by Chocobo_Girl »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2010-06-30 04:47:53 »
OH MAH GAWD.  I just realized something.  The four huge materia in FF7 happen to be yellow, red, blue, and green in color, amirite?  Well, the four crystals of Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind in FF1 are the same colors, respectively.  That's why they didn't want the four huge materia to be destroyed by Meteor.  They were the elemental crystals!

Sorry, I'm mocking you :3
You don't mind, do you?

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2010-06-30 16:11:05 »
OH MAH GAWD. Cid's in every game. They must all be on the same planet, and he's an immortal being with a horrible memory.
 :P

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2010-06-30 17:05:27 »
As long as it's for the lulz it's fine. :P I thought it was an awesome revelation though... =/

Kolris

« Reply #164 on: 2011-03-16 08:38:55 »
Squall was punctured through the chest, which means that, most likely, the spike collapsed a lung. However, even in this world (without magic, extra-advanced tech, GF's, etc) one can survive that, even if just by the skin of their teeth. With the assistance of magic and FF8 world tech, Squall's survival is assured through nearly anything as long as he can get medical attention soon enough. Also, we must all remember that THIS IS A GAME. The authors of any game are not going to kill off their main character unless s/he is already dead when the actual story starts. It's just not a reasonable thing to do, plus it would seriously tick off the players. Even if the main character DOES happen to die, it wouldn't be until towards the very end of the game, like FF7. Writing the story for a game is almost exactly like writing a book or the script for a movie or show: without your main characters, your story is nothing. Also about the "Squall's dead, this is all a dream theory", no one's mind can envision any part of the world it creates without a way to view it, i.e. a T.V. or other distance viewing device, or the person actually being in that part of the created world. You try dreaming about a place you've never been and meeting or creating people you've never met or known the type and see how well that works out for you. I'll admit, the human mind is capable of many wondrous things, but that is not one of them. I'll admit that I was never able to play the game all the way through (because I borrowed it from someone else lol) so I don't know the full story, but I do have sufficient analysis skills to know that this "Squall's dead theory" is unfounded, unnecessary, and, while an interesting prospect, untrue.         ~Kolris K.~

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2011-03-17 00:46:43 »
dude welcome to the forums and thanks for the insight but please stop posting everything in red.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #166 on: 2011-03-17 05:27:46 »
plus with that much thought it probably woulda been a better idea to just make a new topic instead of necroing (i know you can necro if you have something valid to add to it but i don't think this topic is really necro-able)

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2011-03-18 12:53:23 »
FF10, Tidus could have died from Sin at the start

Not sure if this has been corrected (Because I don't want to read all the pages XD ) but Tidus does technically die...

[ Sorry If I posted in a Necro-ed thread..it was at the top of the page and I didn't check dates lol ]
« Last Edit: 2011-03-18 12:57:59 by Cazador »

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2011-03-22 10:15:53 »
Meh, I always just figured Square's authors couldn't be arsed with making something more coherent. And the plot-twist creep, inventing new threads to follow up, possibly to make the game easier to balance(?)... But, hey, good head-exercise.

gotenksssj22002

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2011-03-22 13:05:59 »
oh nice i posted on that site and my comments removed because of a simple thing that happend on disc 1 with detroys the guys whole argument which is when elli sends them to the past for the first time which becomse reacuring through the next 2 disc's and not just that i've also been baned from posting on there and had my comment removed lol so i'm taking it as i'm rite regardless now the guy who put it up has lost all respect from me i wudn't bother even posting a comment the guy doesn't want people who know the game inside out posting

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #170 on: 2011-03-22 13:56:16 »
oh nice i posted on that site and my comments removed because of a simple thing that happend on disc 1 with detroys the guys whole argument which is when elli sends them to the past for the first time which becomse reacuring through the next 2 disc's and not just that i've also been baned from posting on there and had my comment removed lol so i'm taking it as i'm rite regardless now the guy who put it up has lost all respect from me i wudn't bother even posting a comment the guy doesn't want people who know the game inside out posting

very few people read run on sentences because they're very hard to understand, i would suggest rephrasing that so that everyone understands what your talking about.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2011-03-22 13:58:53 »
Looking at the site, that's part of why his comment got culled, bad grammar, bad spelling and even calling someone a moron.

gotenksssj22002

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2011-03-22 14:09:59 »
writing/typing english has never been a strong suit for me as i have learning difficulties if that courses problems for people its their problem not mine and as for calling someone a moron if u read the comment i posted it was directed at the person who made the argument about squall being dead and i stated why.  if they can't handle being called a moron for very weak argument points then they sudn't have even posted it as its critisim regardless of what i called him/her. and due to my learning difficulties i tend to forget grammer which is my bad

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2011-03-22 14:22:37 »
I spent my entire time at secondary school getting extra help because I have dyspraxia, I know all about difficulties in learning.

You still called the guy a moron for his opinion, not a wise thing to do.

gotenksssj22002

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2011-03-22 14:32:23 »
i saw an argument full of weak points and pointed them out. no where did i see an opinon, opinons and arguments are 2 seperat things in my book, and as u can see opinons are different and not much detailed research goes into them once he had done that much research it becomes an argument. thats how i see it informed opinons are different again and i have dyslexia