Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008577 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4CnVJk30cw

Brief overview.

I didn't do a great job, I know.  But what can you do?  :o ;D

Suggest watching in high res or you won't be able to read text.  1080p 60fps is there.

ProtoX

does this mean we can finally have custom textures for the steam re-release of ff7?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yes, it should work fine.  The downside is that achievements and everything else the steam version adds is removed - since it no longer loads steam dlls.

Nothing stopping people from just disabling reunion whenever they want to use that.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Watched your video (thanks for doing it).
Seem like a great way of doing modding.
Is there any way to tell witch files to use instead of witch mod folder ?, for exemple if a single file is needed for several mod but not for others it can be usefull to avoid copy of files.

If i can deal with it and the french re-translation it will be a great tool.

Realy waiting for it now ^^

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've included ALL needed .tex files and text files to the new translation folder.  To make French (if planning to distribute to French owners only), you'd just change all those files and use 1.02 English exe.  All exe text is now external also.

In the future, I'll likely also have a way to display to people exactly which files are going to be loaded.  I'm also creating a front end for the options.ini

Asherdoom

• View Profile
excuse me for asking. Where is download link? =)

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: 2019-11-17 12:12:28 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:33:24 by Lorath »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4CnVJk30cw

Brief overview.

I didn't do a great job, I know.  But what can you do?  :o ;D

Suggest watching in high res or you won't be able to read text.  1080p 60fps is there.

My question is from a mod distribution point of view.

Is there a specific packing type tool to package mods, and then users just have an easy way to install a mod.  Or is it a case of supplying something like a compressed file and giving end users instructions to copy files to the CUSTOM folder?

Would a mod that is different to a core function of Reunion such as the menu changes, be something that is possible to do with this modding framework?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
My question is from a mod distribution point of view.

Is there a specific packing type tool to package mods, and then users just have an easy way to install a mod.  Or is it a case of supplying something like a compressed file and giving end users instructions to copy files to the CUSTOM folder?

Would a mod that is different to a core function of Reunion such as the menu changes, be something that is possible to do with this modding framework?

It'd probably be more accurate to say that there isn't an install process:
Download a zipped folder that the modder has prepared.
Unzip that folder and put it into Reunion's Custom folder.
Open Reunion's .txt and type in the mod folder's name under the Custom heading.

Manual, but very straightforward and should take 2-3mins total.

As for menu changes, R06 has hext and can read texture, etc. files so I'm assuming an alternative menu mod can be applied to it provided the one it comes with is disabled.

Panzeroceania

• View Profile
Looking specifically at the Beacause module of reunion, does anyone have a changelog of what was changed between R05 and R06 of Beacause, and what is currently planned for R07 (specifically for Beacause). I scanned the Google docs spreadsheet but was having Abit of trouble finding that info

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Or the modder making an installer that simply puts files in a folder for you.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Aye, and I'd better make an installer that runs the installer.

Ashpey

• View Profile
It'd probably be more accurate to say that there isn't an install process:
Download a zipped folder that the modder has prepared.
Unzip that folder and put it into Reunion's Custom folder.
Open Reunion's .txt and type in the mod folder's name under the Custom heading.

Manual, but very straightforward and should take 2-3mins total.

As for menu changes, R06 has hext and can read texture, etc. files so I'm assuming an alternative menu mod can be applied to it provided the one it comes with is disabled.

On that part 7th heaven is better for the end user. Sure it isn't much to do and modding can be much more complicated than that, but having end users tinker directly with files is a step back when everything was handled through menus and popup windows.

We'll see when we are hands-on with R06, but I'm getting worried about all this.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
This is poised for release...  It's only my own reservations regarding remaining issues stopping me sending it.  But I have to cut my losses and release it.  Something will give soon.  I have a half day today at work, so time to finalize and release it. Otherwise it will never be done.  You don't want to be inside my head.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
On that part 7th heaven is better for the end user. Sure it isn't much to do and modding can be much more complicated than that, but having end users tinker directly with files is a step back when everything was handled through menus and popup windows.

We'll see when we are hands-on with R06, but I'm getting worried about all this.
Have you watched DLPB's demo/tutorial video?  For fully-integrated solutions, his new method really is quite elegant.  7H isn't going away, either... Alyza is building a totally refreshed catalog, Strife created the MotR supplemental, and there's a crew hard at work both refactoring code and testing the results.

This is poised for release...  It's only my own reservations regarding remaining issues stopping me sending it.  But I have to cut my losses and release it.  Something will give soon.  I have a half day today at work, so time to finalize and release it. Otherwise it will never be done.  You don't want to be inside my head.
Relax, have a bitter (or three, just in case Vogons show up), and be comfortable with what goes out.  I don't want to be in your head, either.  Actually, I don't want to be in my own half the time...

Mabinog

• View Profile
If we find any issues, we'll be sure to let you know.

Ashpey

• View Profile
Have you watched DLPB's demo/tutorial video?  For fully-integrated solutions, his new method really is quite elegant.  7H isn't going away, either... Alyza is building a totally refreshed catalog, Strife created the MotR supplemental, and there's a crew hard at work both refactoring code and testing the results.

I didn't mean to diminish the work done or the new method's potential. I haven't watched the video yet, I am waiting for release first, as I prefer to follow instructions/discover features while it is already on my hard drive ^^. Of course that means I don't know much about it so far and that my earlier comment was uneducated at best.

I'm just worried about something new that I can't try myself yet. I remember using Bootleg some years ago which was a great update to FF7 modding, then came 7th heaven that eased the process even more. From what I have read so far, the new method seems better for the game itself but also more complicated for the end user, unless an installer is made (which to me was one of the great point of 7th heaven and Bootleg iirc, one installer for many mods). I can be and most likely am wrong, that is just a passing worry I have about this upcoming release ;)   

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
[FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Tool-The Reunion [R06]
« Reply #4992 on: 2019-11-21 00:40:18 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1ECbXCS70&t=1m18s

The Reunion (R06)

Download link Here

Please see the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4CnVJk30cw
Also read The Reunion - Help.rtf

Code: [Select]
LATEST CHANGES (R06)
21-Nov-2019

Due to The Reunion becoming so complex, I have been forced to make a concise list of bugs
and changes, called The Reunion Database. Nearly every change is logged there. The following
changes are the highlights of R06:

1. There are no backup files needed anymore. The Reunion does not edit any of the original files. It uses its own / edits memory directly.
2. A new modding framework has been added, which will also allow non-English modders to use English 1.02 exe. Executable text can now be changed from external text files.
3. Audio Module has been completely replaced and recoded. All SFX are recorded from PSX game using Mednafen.
4. Latest retranslation text with hundreds of corrections after working with Charlie Beer. Finalization of project with R07.
5. Thousands of bug fixes and alterations.
6. Aali's dll has been updated by Luksy, Maki, and myself and merged with The Reunion.
7. Most additions are optional and can be changed from [root]\The Reunion\options.ini.
8. Some music has been corrected for bad loop points - tool assisted.
9. 60fps Battles has been updated and NFITC1 and myself have coded it to work with Obesebear's interpolated 3D animations.
10. Latest model updates from Kaldarasha.

I would very much appreciate it if people helped me seed and test the current download :)

Full download mirrors are also appreciated. But give time for any critical bugs to be detected.

Please note: This release should be stable and working - but may require some rapid re-releases or hotfixes.  There is that much that has changed that I anticipate a lot of minor and some major issues.

Additionally, I have missed some credits for the mods included and will correct this at the next release.

« Last Edit: 2020-01-02 03:00:39 by DLPB »

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
Downloading and will seed. After I'm done being a nerd and watching pro wrestling, I will test. Although, I might be a little drunk so the real testing will probably come tomorrow haha. Thank you DLPB and team for all your extraordinary work!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I must admit to a lot of anxiety.  Feel like a kid before Father Christmas arrives the next day.

KaidenJames

• View Profile
Haha! I'm sure most will be positive, and just wanting to help point out bugs and what not. You guys have done incredible work and we're all very excited! Have a couple drinks, maybe that'll help :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Sadly, bed time.  Work tomorrow. But come Friday, when R06c is likely out, I will.  :P

KaidenJames

• View Profile
Cheers sir. Congrats.

obesebear

• View Profile
I can't believe you managed this.  Congrats.  I'll help seed.

Mabinog

• View Profile
I downloaded and installed R06, but when I launch FF7 through Steam it does not launch The Reunion. And I get this error in the log file:

Warning: No valid registry entry was found.
Are you sure Final Fantasy VII is installed properly and that this is a legitimate copy?

My steam copy is indeed legit and I installed The Reunion in the same directory as ff7_en.exe. I reinstalled both FF7 and The Reunion and this error still comes up.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-21 02:46:59 by Mabinog »