no longer part of qhimm
« Last Edit: 2020-09-05 22:39:39 by ProtomanZxAdvent »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: 60 FPS Test With Hypercam2 Success
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-06 08:54:12 »
My OBS settings in 1920x1080. Play with the crf value for adjusting the file size/bitrate.

Proof (even if it's possible with firefox/waterfox now, looks kinda better with chrome):
« Last Edit: 2014-11-06 09:11:46 by LeonhartGR »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-06 16:54:57 »
You're probably going to get sick of me, and I debated not writing this, but I don't have much choice:

1. It is *impossible* to record FF7 at 60fps using hypercam, due to FF7's broken frame limiter.  The game will run at around 57-58fps even when not recording (battle and field). 

2. Hypercam is not designed to record this type of material, and it won't do so properly.  It is dropping frames in your video for this very reason

The ONLY way to record (or even PLAY) FF7 at 60fps in battles at the current time, is to set the battle to play FASTER than 60fps (with Ochu for example), and then get Dxtory, or Fraps to do the limiting.  That way you work around the broken FF7 limiter, and you are using a dedicated game video capturing software.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-06 22:56:28 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:38:04 by dkma841 »

ProtoX

« Reply #4 on: 2014-11-06 23:49:28 »
You're probably going to get sick of me, and I debated not writing this, but I don't have much choice:

1. It is *impossible* to record FF7 at 60fps using hypercam, due to FF7's broken frame limiter.  The game will run at around 57-58fps even when not recording (battle and field). 

2. Hypercam is not designed to record this type of material, and it won't do so properly.  It is dropping frames in your video for this very reason

The ONLY way to record (or even PLAY) FF7 at 60fps in battles at the current time, is to set the battle to play FASTER than 60fps (with Ochu for example), and then get Dxtory, or Fraps to do the limiting.  That way you work around the broken FF7 limiter, and you are using a dedicated game video capturing software.

Really DLPB? You think i posted this due to your thinking that "i'm getting sick of you"? Its Childish Rude Post like this that make me stop modding for games out of my free time out of the kindness of my heart for everyone to have and share. Seriously the only issue i have with you is when you set a date for a release on an update for you mods knowing full well its gonna get postponed due to issues with the mods you make. if anyone is taking this hypercam fps issue seriously its you. i dont mind taking suggestions but don't tell me how to record and upload. i have never judged and told you how to record and upload your stuff. you have your way of doing things and i have my way of doing things.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-11-07 00:09:13 »
I'm telling you flat out that what you have done is completely useless (in the parameters of making a fluid full 60fps video).  The reason I debated posting what I did is because I know from past experience that you take this criticism as a personal attack. 

There is absolutely no point using Hypercam to capture game footage, if the purpose of such a capture is to showcase the fluidity of said video.  It cannot do what you want it to do.

I am not saying what I am saying to be an ass, or to cause an issue.  I am saying it to actually help you improve your captures and to avoid a waste of bandwidth.  Obesebear (for example) didn't argue, or ignore what I said... He listened.

If you need help with that, I can help.  Constructively. 

PS.  I also assumed you were wanting to work on ff7 with this (which is the main reason why I posted in the first place)?  If not, then my apologies on that front.

Seriously the only issue i have with you is when you set a date for a release on an update for you mods knowing full well its gonna get postponed due to issues with the mods you make

When I used to (past tense) have release dates, I made them in good faith.  And I was hounded into making them a lot of the time. I have since stopped doing this.  I rely on Luksy and others, and my own personal time, to complete the mods.  At the moment, I could tell you that Reunion will be released this month, and if Luksy comes back tomorrow, that will be likely.  But should he come back in December, it will be January.  There is no way I can give you a proper release date.  All I can tell you is that the localization is done, the code is done (apart from Submarine), and the proof check with Covarr is 70%, and the last check with luksy is 0%.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-07 00:29:47 by DLPB »

ProtoX

« Reply #6 on: 2014-11-07 07:00:37 »
I also assumed you were wanting to work on ff7 with this (which is the main reason why I posted in the first place)?  If not, then my apologies on that front.

the main purpose of the test was to get 60 fps for youtube on pc games that look best at 60fps. ff7 pc is so broken that 60 fps recording with it is out of the question. 30 FPS yes but never 60 FPS

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-11-07 08:12:10 »
 ;D Actually, 30fps is also out of question with ff7 without doing that little trick mentioned earlier.  But at least it's possible.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-11-07 11:17:08 »
ff7 pc is so broken that 60 fps recording with it is out of the question. 30 FPS yes but never 60 FPS
Agree to disagree

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-11-07 23:00:16 »
the main purpose of the test was to get 60 fps for youtube on pc games that look best at 60fps. ff7 pc is so broken that 60 fps recording with it is out of the question. 30 FPS yes but never 60 FPS

FF7 60fps ±3fps ain't too shabby I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m57Uz6gkrs