Author Topic: Official Team Avalanche Suggestion Thread  (Read 51343 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Official Team Avalanche Suggestion Thread
« Reply #50 on: 2011-11-01 18:31:16 »
Hmm yes that is annoying. Thanks for making me notice it  >:(

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2011-11-02 03:07:18 »
I've always found it odd that during healing spells, Aeris' staff hovers horizontally in mid air while her hands are otherwise occupied.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011-11-02 03:38:10 »
Doesn't Sephiroth's do that too?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #53 on: 2011-11-02 05:27:20 »
Sephiroth's does it for about 1 second.  He holds the sword in one hand, and once it reaches his hips, he lets go for a second, then grabs back onto it.  I honestly hadn't noticed it before.  The Aeris hair thing is strange though...not that I look at Aeris's hair very often.

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011-11-06 02:13:28 »
I like how Aeris' hair moves around like it has a mind of its own! I always thought it looked kewl lol

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #55 on: 2012-01-25 15:40:21 »
I always noticed that the size comparrison from cloud to the towns or building on the world map was . . . well bizzare lol.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2012-01-25 15:45:18 »
I always noticed that the size comparrison from cloud to the towns or building on the world map was . . . well bizzare lol.

It's like that in pretty much every FF game with a world map.

I was actually thinking this today... I wonder if theres a way to double the size of the ingame map or something? If that could be done, you could just halve the encounter rate. Et voila.

With the new textures, it would look awesome! Also these days when I pan my camera around the whole globe looks like playdough.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #57 on: 2012-01-25 15:49:23 »
there are SOO many things i could come up with to alter but wish i had the skills to do so. Entering vehicles is like just teleporting into the driver seat, clouds could be good, also not sure if anyone else noticed this. Its such a small thing but in the 1st reactor whilst following Jessie (i think) after the stairs via the elevator she runs THROUGH the door??

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #58 on: 2012-01-25 16:33:05 »
Is there any mods for the character shadows?

Or possably i thought that when the enemies died instead of dissapearing they would die like the team do, jist a little more real.

Uuh with the barret ac model with his amazing gun is there a way to be able to changehis weapon from the gatling gun without the image of the weaopon changing?
« Last Edit: 2012-02-09 21:48:28 by shadow1918 »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2012-02-12 15:29:29 »
Is there any mods for the character shadows?

Or possably i thought that when the enemies died instead of dissapearing they would die like the team do, jist a little more real.

Uuh with the barret ac model with his amazing gun is there a way to be able to changehis weapon from the gatling gun without the image of the weaopon changing?

No mods for shadows as they are generated by the game.
Doubtful you could change it so the monsters die like characters.
If you wish to do this you would have to find the gatling gun model in the lgp and then copy this over all the other weapon models. Be advised that this will look pretty funny when barret uses short range weapons.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #60 on: 2012-02-12 17:22:56 »
Enemy corpses would require a new idle pose per model, and a change to death handling. AI changes might be enough to do it, albeit hack-ily. But the animations will take a lot of work.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #61 on: 2012-02-12 20:58:38 »
Think i might leave it then, im not too good with trying it myself. Wouldnt mind learning though

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2012-02-17 07:56:37 »
I personally would love to see the Chocobo minigame improved. As it's already 3D could the models be taken and simply enhanced? 

Since I'm new to the whole 'ripping things from games' malarky it would be great if I could be pointed towards the Chocobo model and I'll try my hand at making a better one.

dominik

« Reply #63 on: 2012-02-17 19:56:13 »
so i just discovered this is a thing.
and i am apeshit excited about it.
i'm a freelance graphic designer and would love to work on some 2d assets like textures.

my 2 suggestions are a bit reliant upon my understanding of this process i'm afraid

i assume all the bg's are being redone in 3d?
that makes sense for midgar, but what about say, city of the ancients? wouldn't it be easier and much better looking to just redraw it over a the original at 4x resolution?

md second suggestion:  the cloud battle model's face proportions are all off, looks like albanian style animation instead of japanese. 
my suggestion is to fix it.  i volunteer.

thanks!
i'll try to keep up with this and contribute.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2012-02-19 20:29:30 »
If someone had the talent to do so, repainting the 2d graphics would be the easiest way to go. For things such as midgar or any industrial type setting 3d may be easier to do. I remember someone had attempted to remake a 2d background of cosmo canyon and it looked damn good.

dominik

« Reply #65 on: 2012-02-24 12:01:24 »
i'll give it a go... but i cant find anywhere a definition standard.
i'll jsut assume 1080x1920?

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2012-02-24 13:11:40 »
Although I'm not entirely sure if this even counts as a suggestion for TA(given it's nature) but someone should change the dialog when taking over the red Shinra Sub. IIRC it says something like "An uncinditional surrender, eh?" and then you get two options that make it seem as though you're controlling the Shinra commander, like "Ok, surrender" and "Don't count on it". I know it's not much, but it does seem quite odd.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2012-02-24 13:43:08 »
@Seizmik: Do you know this project ?

DLPB and Luksy present: The Final Fantasy VII Retranslation Project

Link corrected  (Thanks DLPB)
« Last Edit: 2012-02-24 18:01:55 by UGerstl »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2012-02-24 15:29:25 »
wrong link.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11867.0

But 35% completed as of now.  Not good enough for a full playthrough yet.

Garrickus

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2012-02-24 22:59:24 »
I did know, but thanks for replying. Obviously that project is to make the entire game a sleeker read in English, but I thought maybe since it was just minor; like changing "This guy are sick" and "Touph Ring" it could go in the main game.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2012-02-25 13:46:42 »
@Seizmik: You can do the re-translation by yourself using this command line program:
                    touphScript - FFVII-PC text editor

Remember: use CMD.exe (Hint: Windows-key + R)

I hope i am on the right way this time.  ::)

Khazmo

« Reply #71 on: 2012-02-26 20:13:03 »
Hi guys,

This is my first post here, and well, frankly the work so far is beautiful and you all deserve a good pat on the back! But before I start waffling on with praise I felt I had a suggestion which I am not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it is to do with the Background art that is being done by many modders here.

Back in the day I used to mod Warcraft 3 and was rather successful for a time, but a key factor that eventually led to the mod I had collapsing was a lack of consistant knowledge about what is needed to be done, and unfortunately I have noticed this in regards to the Background Art and so my suggestion is this:

My suggestion would be to add a new stickied Thread which has an image of every single background on it that is needed to be done (either for the first "demo" release, first disk or full games worth, lets go with the name "To-Do Backgrounds"), when one of the backgrounds is remade it would be deleted from the "To-Do Backgrounds" thread but appear in another stickied thread that contains all the finished backgrounds done thus far. A further improvement would be to allow people to respond to the To-Do Backgrounds thread to let people know if they are working on a specific background, and the original post can be updated to include lists of those working upon a specific background, this would enable people who are not currently on the team to know what is needed to be done and what is being worked upon, and may actually encourage more people to discover a background and give it a go. Also having a consistant resolution to have renders saved at mentioned in the threat would help bring some consistancy to what people are making, as I have noticed some confusion over what resolution is currently being required by the team.

I do understand that such a pair of threads would actually be an incredibly demanding piece of work to make at first, considering there are something like 700 backgrounds in total and just hosting them up will take a great deal of time, but I do feel that currently things seem somewhat higgly-de-piggly-de at the moment and very confusing to know what you can do. I personally would like to get involved, but do not have the PC version of Final Fantasy 7 only the PSN, and such a thread would easily allow me and others like me to dive in and help you out.

Sorry for waffling on, and I hope this suggestion is taken well, as I mean it with the very best of intentions.

Edit: Truth be told, something like this would work really well for which Ingame Models need to be done/have been done (such as Character Models, Weapons, Foes) but also for Battlefield Backgrounds too.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-26 20:37:16 by Khazmo »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2012-02-26 21:20:29 »
There is something similar in the first post of the bombing mission thread. It shows most of the assets that need to be done for the release, and shows either WIP or final renders of what has been completed. As for resolution of renders it has been agreed upon to be 4x the original, we cannot be more specific as different scenes have different sizes.

Khazmo

« Reply #73 on: 2012-02-26 21:29:30 »
It's true that the Bombing Thread has it, though my suggestion was for a more complete collection but I understand fully if the idea isn't implemented :).

Frosty015

« Reply #74 on: 2012-02-27 11:04:06 »
A slight comment on the cloud model, based on the pictures I saw on the bombing mission thread:

I find that the lips of cloud there are too broad, it seems as if he's permanently in a state where he needs to kiss someone o.O

humor aside, I think the lips should be made thinner, it kind of makes me think of a woman..