Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844574 times)

Fraggoso

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.34b)
« Reply #575 on: 2016-10-31 00:30:41 »
hey is there any reasons for,the steam version freezes when i click on the stats tab?

I just tried it and it works on my end.
Did you try with version 0.34?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2016-10-31 08:38:07 »
Hi everone, version 0.35 is now available :
- You can now poorly modify the IL script code (more details below),
- In the same panel, the feature called "Macro" allows to do pre-generated IL script modifications. For now, only two are availables :
--- Unlock Ability Learning for Beatrix : allows Beatrix to learn abilities like a regular character and to use supporting abilities (more below),
--- Disable Cheats : remove the booster features of the Steam version. The speedup is still available but it also speeds up timed game phases, like Hot & Cold or the 30 minutes Alexandria event.
- Fixed the export/import text batching,
- Fixed several bugs in scripts edition (when I say "script" alone, I mean the field/World and enemy AI scripts).

Two notes about IL scripts :
1) It is an assembly-type script, so it will be very very hard to decipher (plus, as said, the way HW displays it is not the best...). I can't imagine someone doing proper things if he doesn't have the source/decompiled C# code to compare with.
2) The list of IL instructions can be found here for instance :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CIL_instructions
IL and CIL are synonymous.

One of the most useful IL type to look at and modify must be "btl_calc" : every methods of this type are useful. It contains the same battle mechanics as the available MIPS code in the PSX version : damage calculations, status adding, special spell requirements... I modified a bit a version of the these methods to make it a bit more convenient (I changed the names of those "CalcSub" methods). You can find it here :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98687557/Resources/BtlCalc.cs

About IL Macros, they modify one or several methods ; if you modify those methods yourself aside of that, the related macro will not be available anymore. I'm planning on adding options for them also, so you can decide if you want to disable all the cheats or just some of them for instance. One of their point is also that they will be updated and the bugs (if any) will be fixed without for you to change everything if a bug is found for a macro.

About the "Unlock Ability Learning for Beatrix", you need to do two things so that it works : apply the macro and give to Beatrix AP requirements to her abilities (and optionnally supporting skills). She then will be like a normal character, which also means that her abilities won't be available from the start. You can make her learn her standard abilities by adding this code inside the field scripts when you recruit her for the first time :
In "A. Castle/Queen's Chamber" (the 3rd one when the fields are not sorted alphabetically ; there are functions with "Queen_Brahne" and "Bandersnatch" in the list on the left),
In the function "Beatrix_Loop", go at the very bottom of the function, there is a line "Battle( 0, 916 )" which is the battle against Bandersnatch.
Add these lines right before that battle :
Code: [Select]
        LearnAbility( 8, 149 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 150 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 151 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 152 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 2 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 5 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 6 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 10 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 14 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 16 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 19 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 24 )
Then parse and confirm.

Also, I checked and you can use this macro for the same purpose on Marcus, Blank and Cinna (if you give them abilities to learn). Their ability AP progression will even be conserved if you save/load the game, but, judging from the source code (maybe gjoerulv can confirm that, or someone tests it), they will be saved on the ability AP slots of the corresponding regular character : If Marcus learn abilities in disc 2, Eiko will have abilities learned as soon as you recruit her.
The script opcodes "LearnAbility" and "UnlearnAbility" should do the trick for that.
Beatrix has not this kind of problem since she doesn't share her character slot with someone else. Her ability learning progression is saved properly.

About the "Stats" panel bug now...
I wasn't able to reproduce it, but I think I know where it comes from : you somehow don't have the same Assembly-CSharp.dll as me.
You may try to reinstall FFIX to fix that problem (don't forget to copy your saves and such). I will need to fix it anyway because I don't want HW to be dependant on having the exact same files as the normal ones. I spent quiet some time trying to fix that already, though...
If one of you three who have the bug can check something for me :
- Check that you can go to the "CIL code" panel and that if you apply the CIL macro "Unlock Ability Learning for Beatrix", there's no bug (the tool doesn't crash, can save the Steam mod and the works will run fine (check up to the Main Menu screen)).
- However, if you apply the other macro "Disable Cheats", then check that it won't work (either HW crashes when you save the Steam mod, either the game crashes when you launch it afterward).

If both checks goes how I think, then I know why the stats panel bugs.

About field backgrounds, I've tried to adjust the alpha channel (despite it was adjusted according to the standard picture format, which is called DXT5 btw). I think it's a bit better now but it's still far from clean. I couldn't find why it's not the same as the in-game pictures, but that may be related to how they draw it. Each tile is actually, unlike for the PSX version, used for UV mapping and the background is rendered as a 3D model composed of planes one behind the others.

I think the next release will be a bug-fix for this stat panel thing. I will try to add a few more macros as well : if you have ideas, toss them at me !

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
« Reply #577 on: 2016-10-31 10:04:17 »
I have a idea/request? Remember how I wanted to edit "Change"? To be a custom movelist? Have at it! Macro Style! Please Tirlititi? PSX ver. Of Course!

vivigix

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2016-10-31 11:56:28 »
itoikenza you are asking too much,  Tirlititi already took maximum of PSX version.

Tirlititi Thank you for your job.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2016-10-31 15:48:45 »
Thanks Vivigix.

Well, that's a valid point, even for the Steam version. It will require to modify the btl_cmd types only, I think.
If you're lucky, I can find out where the related MIPS code lies (I'm sure it is in the editable MIPS code somewhere... I only got to find it in an assembly code of 78710 instructions :D). Then I can give you a .hws file (I'm not planning to make macros for MIPS, no ^^").
Which PSX version are you using again? The US?

itoikenza

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2016-10-31 15:56:14 »
the US one, Tirlititi. Thanks for considering!

Baby5

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2016-10-31 19:45:48 »
Hi everone, version 0.35 is now available :
- You can now poorly modify the IL script code (more details below),
- In the same panel, the feature called "Macro" allows to do pre-generated IL script modifications. For now, only two are availables :
--- Unlock Ability Learning for Beatrix : allows Beatrix to learn abilities like a regular character and to use supporting abilities (more below),
--- Disable Cheats : remove the booster features of the Steam version. The speedup is still available but it also speeds up timed game phases, like Hot & Cold or the 30 minutes Alexandria event.
- Fixed the export/import text batching,
- Fixed several bugs in scripts edition (when I say "script" alone, I mean the field/World and enemy AI scripts).

Two notes about IL scripts :
1) It is an assembly-type script, so it will be very very hard to decipher (plus, as said, the way HW displays it is not the best...). I can't imagine someone doing proper things if he doesn't have the source/decompiled C# code to compare with.
2) The list of IL instructions can be found here for instance :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CIL_instructions
IL and CIL are synonymous.

One of the most useful IL type to look at and modify must be "btl_calc" : every methods of this type are useful. It contains the same battle mechanics as the available MIPS code in the PSX version : damage calculations, status adding, special spell requirements... I modified a bit a version of the these methods to make it a bit more convenient (I changed the names of those "CalcSub" methods). You can find it here :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98687557/Resources/BtlCalc.cs

About IL Macros, they modify one or several methods ; if you modify those methods yourself aside of that, the related macro will not be available anymore. I'm planning on adding options for them also, so you can decide if you want to disable all the cheats or just some of them for instance. One of their point is also that they will be updated and the bugs (if any) will be fixed without for you to change everything if a bug is found for a macro.

About the "Unlock Ability Learning for Beatrix", you need to do two things so that it works : apply the macro and give to Beatrix AP requirements to her abilities (and optionnally supporting skills). She then will be like a normal character, which also means that her abilities won't be available from the start. You can make her learn her standard abilities by adding this code inside the field scripts when you recruit her for the first time :
In "A. Castle/Queen's Chamber" (the 3rd one when the fields are not sorted alphabetically ; there are functions with "Queen_Brahne" and "Bandersnatch" in the list on the left),
In the function "Beatrix_Loop", go at the very bottom of the function, there is a line "Battle( 0, 916 )" which is the battle against Bandersnatch.
Add these lines right before that battle :
        LearnAbility( 8, 149 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 150 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 151 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 152 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 2 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 5 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 6 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 10 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 14 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 16 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 19 )
        LearnAbility( 8, 24 )
Then parse and confirm.

Also, I checked and you can use this macro for the same purpose on Marcus, Blank and Cinna (if you give them abilities to learn). Their ability AP progression will even be conserved if you save/load the game, but, judging from the source code (maybe gjoerulv can confirm that, or someone tests it), they will be saved on the ability AP slots of the corresponding regular character : If Marcus learn abilities in disc 2, Eiko will have abilities learned as soon as you recruit her.
The script opcodes "LearnAbility" and "UnlearnAbility" should do the trick for that.
Beatrix has not this kind of problem since she doesn't share her character slot with someone else. Her ability learning progression is saved properly.

About the "Stats" panel bug now...
I wasn't able to reproduce it, but I think I know where it comes from : you somehow don't have the same Assembly-CSharp.dll as me.
You may try to reinstall FFIX to fix that problem (don't forget to copy your saves and such). I will need to fix it anyway because I don't want HW to be dependant on having the exact same files as the normal ones. I spent quiet some time trying to fix that already, though...
If one of you three who have the bug can check something for me :
- Check that you can go to the "CIL code" panel and that if you apply the CIL macro "Unlock Ability Learning for Beatrix", there's no bug (the tool doesn't crash, can save the Steam mod and the works will run fine (check up to the Main Menu screen)).
- However, if you apply the other macro "Disable Cheats", then check that it won't work (either HW crashes when you save the Steam mod, either the game crashes when you launch it afterward).

If both checks goes how I think, then I know why the stats panel bugs.

About field backgrounds, I've tried to adjust the alpha channel (despite it was adjusted according to the standard picture format, which is called DXT5 btw). I think it's a bit better now but it's still far from clean. I couldn't find why it's not the same as the in-game pictures, but that may be related to how they draw it. Each tile is actually, unlike for the PSX version, used for UV mapping and the background is rendered as a 3D model composed of planes one behind the others.

I think the next release will be a bug-fix for this stat panel thing. I will try to add a few more macros as well : if you have ideas, toss them at me !

Hmm...I have the stat panel crash problem every single time, and I still get it with a fresh copy of FF9 Steam. In the meantime, could you please provide a copy of YOUR Assembly-CSharp.dll so I can try replacing with that and see if the crash still happens? I think it's a small enough file. Thanks.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2016-11-01 07:33:36 »
Hold everything ! A new problem has just popped.
It seems that if you modify something in the "Items/Key Items" panels and export the mod to Steam, then the battle won't start properly in-game (either a black screen either you can see enemies with very few luminosity).

The saving/loading of .hws files seems to work fine still. Nothing's lost as long as you use that saving method.

Fixing that asap.

itoikenza

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2016-11-01 07:50:27 »
Tirlititi, does the macro for giving Beatrix learnable skills work for PSX?

Baby5

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2016-11-01 10:20:22 »
Hold everything ! A new problem has just popped.
It seems that if you modify something in the "Items/Key Items" panels and export the mod to Steam, then the battle won't start properly in-game (either a black screen either you can see enemies with very few luminosity).

The saving/loading of .hws files seems to work fine still. Nothing's lost as long as you use that saving method.

Fixing that asap.

I also noticed some issues with loading .hws files from PSX version.

If I load a full Spells list from PSX into Steam, my cutscenes get messed up(they slow down extremely even under superspeed F1 and the camera does not focus on the scene, as well as weird objects appearing). For example, in the Vivi puts Garnet's white mage cloak on fire scene in disc1, Vivi and the 2 knights of pluto get into T-Position(default standing position with arms widespread) and move around weirdly.

If I load a Command list from PSX to Steam, my Sword Magic list gets completely emptied on Steiner with no way to remedy that. All save files also show as "corrupted" if I load Command list(but not Spell or other list). If I save a file with the new Command list it works fine, but then shows "corrupted" in-turn if I restore the original Command list(while my original save files get reverted to non-corrupted).

If I load a full Shop list from PSX into Steam, my shops also get messed up. For example, Cinna is supposed to sell Potions, Phoenix Downs and Tents(normal item shop) but is now selling some really advanced stuff(Diamond Sword and other Oeilvert Shop items).

Also want to mention that the "list of Status" in the Spells panel shows really weirdly when opening a FF9 Steam. For example, the first one in the list should show No Status but is actually showing Petrify+Venom+Trouble. However it acts correctly in-game and applies No Status. I copied to the status list from PSX down to note which number refers to what status for the time being...

Can someone who does not have the Stats panel Freeze bug please upload me their copy of Assembly-CSharp.dll so that I can test if the freezing problem really comes from that? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-01 10:31:42 by Baby5 »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2016-11-01 17:19:50 »
Check your PMs, Baby (I didn't think I would write that someday).

Yes, importing the .hws mods from PSX has issues because of the text formatting which is totally different and I don't make the conversion. If you untick the boxes "including texts", you should have no problem though (I did that for my Alternate Fantasy).

The "list of status" bug should have been fixed also.

@ Itoikenza : No, those CIL Macros don't work for the PSX version.
The PSX's basic language is MIPS : it's a set of instructions and every single PSX game uses them to communicate with the PSX machine.
For computers, there is a lot of those basic languages and CIL is one of them.
So you can't use MIPS in computers and you can't use CIL for PSX : they don't understand these languages. It's like speaking greek to a french guy, he just won't understand :D

Baby5

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2016-11-01 19:27:32 »
Okay so from testing
On a fresh copy of FF9 that was just installed with no mods(that I got from Steam)
1. HW 0.35 did not crash my Stats tab when clicked on it(compared to 0.34b which completely froze the program and Windows would say stopped working close it), but there was nothing displayed on the Stats tab at all. I could go back and forth to Spells and Stats tabs without it freezing/crashing.
2. The Status list still shows as Petrify+Venom+Trouble for No Status.
3. Both CIL Macros apply perfectly fine. There is no crash, they save just fine, they can be applied individually or one after the other(they can also be unapplied). Running the game with it just fine as well(I only loaded one save quickly so I have not checked for bugs with no cheats, but the game loads fine).

After modifying a fresh FF9 with the Assembly-CSharp.dll that I received(replacing the old file that came originally with FF9)
1. HW 0.35 finally loads the Stats tab correctly with the names and all.
2. The Status list now correctly shows No Status as the first option.
3. Both CIL Macros apply perfectly fine too, no crash.
EDIT: HW0.35 works fine with the new copy of Assembly-CSharp.dll that I received but the game does not load. It stays stuck on black screen.
Also note that my Assembly-CSharp.dll is 3967KB while the one I received is 3923KB.
EDIT again: After comparing the two files side by side in a hex editor, the content looks different. The last address in my copy of Assembly-CSharp.dll is 003DF9F0 while the one in the file I received is 003D49F0. This is probably the reason for all the freezes and weird things happening, the contents of the addresses dont match. It seems there are 2 kinds of Assembly-CSharp.dll for FF9 Steam out there.

Another bug that I get often:
There is also a crash that occurs occasionally for me right after selecting the language when opening FF9 in HW, but it does not occur every time(Windows says program has stopped running). This happens with both versions 0.34, 0.34b, 0.35(I have not tested older versions) and regardless of FF9 fresh or modded.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-01 20:03:23 by Baby5 »

Ignotus

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2016-11-01 20:37:47 »
1. I just downloaded the latest version, 0.35, and whenever I choose to open a bin file, I get a message that hadesworkshop.exe has stopped working and it closes. I am on Windows 10 x64.
2. Is it possible to replace the in-game world map used for navigation using Hades Workshop? I mean the map that is shown when you press the [back] (xbox controller) button on the overworld areas.
The in-game map is horrendous. I can barely navigate with it because it is such low quality.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2016-11-01 23:14:23 »
1. I just downloaded the latest version, 0.35, and whenever I choose to open a bin file, I get a message that hadesworkshop.exe has stopped working and it closes. I am on Windows 10 x64.
2. Is it possible to replace the in-game world map used for navigation using Hades Workshop? I mean the map that is shown when you press the [back] (xbox controller) button on the overworld areas.
The in-game map is horrendous. I can barely navigate with it because it is such low quality.

You have to open the FF9_Launcher.exe in Hadesworkshop. ;)

@Tirlititi Is it really 0.35? I can only find 0.34b on the 1st Page.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.35)
« Reply #589 on: 2016-11-02 07:57:44 »
@ Fraggoso : It is 0.35, I only forgot to change the thread's title (to check the version, go to "about" (F1)).

@ Ignotus : If you use the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX, then do as Fraggoso said. If you use a binary image of the PSX version, then it is corrupted because it still works (for those, at least, I'm sure there are not 50 different official versions floating around).

@ Baby5 : Thank you for the report.
The occasional crash when you select the language is troublesome ; I had this regularly, for a lot of different versions of the tool, and everytime I think I've fixed it, then another one pops up somewhere else...
In 0.35, I fixed a few of them so maybe that won't happen anymore there. However, I know for sure that the program crashes if you're browsing the "Fields" panel too long (after looking at ~120 different fields on my PC, but that should vary depending on the PC). I didn't succeed at fixing it.
The difference in size is normal. As long as there are different versions of Assembly-CSharp.dll, their file sizes will likely not match. The offsets are all internal though. There is no other file that have offsets pointing in Assembly-CSharp.dll, so that's strange your game crashes.

As a reminder : Hades Workshop can read only non-modded files. For the Steam version, only Assembly-CSharp.dll needs to be clean : the resources file and p0dataN and such can be modded as long as they still contain the normal files (they are archives). That means :
1) HW does not work if Albeoris's Memoria was applied on your game (the mods that don't change Assembly-CSharp.dll, like the Audio Fix, works fine),
2) HW does not work if you give it to read a modded Assembly-CSharp.dll even if it was generated by HW. That's why there are those saving instructions and that's why you should make .hws files ("Save Mod"), which are light files created very fast and that contain all your modifications and are portable if ever FF9 gets officially updated.

It might happen that HW successfully reads and modifies modded games, but it's luck-based and if the modded file don't differ too much.

Since Baby5 just re-installed the game from Steam and it didn't work, then either Steam distributes different versions of the game depending on something (you don't have a Japanese version, right?), either I missed an update or such. I'll re-install the game as well to check.

Baby5

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2016-11-02 09:01:03 »
Here is a copy of the Assembly-CSharp.dll that I have
https://ufile.io/14c13

This is not modded.

If you load this one in your FF9, do you see the Status list get messed up too?
(No Status shows as Petrify+Venom+Trouble) etc.

I think this is why many people are getting the Stats panel to crash/freeze/not-load as well, we have a different version of FF9. It's not the japanese version and has no japanese language option either. It has English US UK, French, Italian, Spanish.

blahitzmunchii

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2016-11-02 18:13:31 »
hey i dont know if anyone asked this yet but is there a way to mod it so you can add blank into the party i was able to find anything.

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2016-11-02 19:36:44 »
can u add in break damage to steam version. cuz tents have break damage on heals. you tent on a boss with 65k hp ull see what im talking about its possible now

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2016-11-03 08:24:07 »
Yes it is possible to add break damage limit. For tents (I also experienced it with Chakra and Pumpkin Head when I gave those skills to bosses), that's a non-intended bug. I don't know what it does in the Steam version, but in the PSX one, it displays a green 9999 even though it damages the target.
The new damage cap should be at 32767, or maybe 65535. The Max HP limit can't be increased as said.

@ blahitzmunchii : You can do the same as for Beatrix minus the fact that you need to remove Amarant from the party for that. Depending on what you want to do exactly, it may be easier with CheatEngine or such. I copy/paste a post I made a while ago :
It is perfectly possible (though tedious) to replace a character by another, minus the well-known fact that Cinna, Marcus and Blank share some data (the levels in particular) with Quina, Eiko and Amarant respectively. You can't have both Cinna and Quina in the team either, for instance. To replace a character, you can put the following lines inside scripts, at points before you can change your party (in the Hildaguard 3, for instance) :
SetPartyReserve( 4095 ) // Adjust this argument if you want fewer people
SetCharacterData( 8, 1, 255, 22, 15 ) // Beatrix
SetCharacterData( 9, 1, 255, 21, 8 ) // Cinna
SetCharacterData( 10, 1, 255, 21, 10 ) // Marcus
SetCharacterData( 11, 1, 255, 21, 12 ) // Blank
SetName( 8, 75 ) // Rename Beatrix (shouldn't be important)
SetName( 9, 72 ) // Rename Cinna (or else he's called "Quina")
SetName( 10, 73 ) // Rename Marcus (or else he's called "Eiko")
SetName( 11, 74 ) // Rename Blank (or else he's called "Amarant")
You'd need to add that kind of script anywhere the party is somehow modified to make it persistant ; or use a similar script to revert the changes if you want Quina, Eiko or Amarant back in the team.
There are bugs that can happen at some point of the game, however. During the Oeilvert part, for instance, the script looks for your party members to see which character should be present in the cutscenes. I think Eiko will be on the field instead of Marcus and so on... but for Beatrix, you need to add script animations and such specially for her.

Instructions on how to modify the scripts can be found in the following post. It is needed for Beatrix inside those problematic fields like at Oeilvert (otherwise the game softlock), and it is optionnal for Marcus, Blank and Cinna (without it, you see the corresponding regular party member on the field).
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14315.msg242890#msg242890

For completeness, I put below the typical "Init" functions for Beatrix, Blank, Marcus and Cinna. I add a "jump" animation in case you want them to jump because, in the Steam version, there can be a "bug" which makes those jumps unavailable under certain conditions.
For the record, that "bug" works like this :
1) An animation has to be loaded in the RAM before it can be used by a character/model,
2) In the PSX version, the only animations loaded in the RAM are the very basic ones for all the party cast + the ones specified in the "Preloading" datas,
3) In the Steam version, an animation is loaded in the RAM (if it weren't there already) most of the time at the moment it is required,
4) The opcode "SetJumpAnimation" is buggy in the sense that it won't load the corresponding animation ; I think it's the only one doing that,
5) Animations can also be loaded in the RAM when entering the field using the "Preloading" datas ; it is less convenient and it needs to be linked to a model for that.
Function Beatrix_Init
    SetModel( 204, 100 )
    CreateObject( 0, 0 )
    TurnInstant( 0 )
    SetStandAnimation( 8566 )
    SetStandAnimation( 2978 )
    SetWalkAnimation( 2975 )
    SetRunAnimation( 2981 )
    SetLeftAnimation( 2980 )
    SetRightAnimation( 2974 )
    SetJumpAnimation( 8566, 4, 23 )
    SetObjectLogicalSize( 20, 20, 30 )
    SetAnimationStandSpeed( 14, 16, 18, 20 )
    SetHeadAngle( 104, 48 )
    return

Function Cinna_Init
    SetModel( 107, 87 )
    CreateObject( 0, 0 )
    TurnInstant( 0 )
    SetStandAnimation( 9889 )
    SetStandAnimation( 470 )
    SetWalkAnimation( 761 )
    SetRunAnimation( 105 )
    SetLeftAnimation( 104 )
    SetRightAnimation( 107 )
    SetJumpAnimation( 9889, 5, 22 )
    SetHeadAngle( 96, 61 )
    return

Function MarcusA_Init
    SetModel( 109, 100 )
    CreateObject( 0, 0 )
    TurnInstant( 0 )
    SetStandAnimation( 12011 )
    SetStandAnimation( 474 )
    SetWalkAnimation( 367 )
    SetRunAnimation( 365 )
    SetLeftAnimation( 368 )
    SetRightAnimation( 364 )
    SetJumpAnimation( 12011, 9, 24 )
    SetHeadAngle( 96, 61 )
    return

Function Blank_Init
    SetModel( 5467, 87 )
    CreateObject( 0, 0 )
    TurnInstant( 0 )
    SetStandAnimation( 5041 )
    SetStandAnimation( 462 )
    SetWalkAnimation( 5225 )
    SetRunAnimation( 5222 )
    SetLeftAnimation( 5223 )
    SetRightAnimation( 5224 )
    SetJumpAnimation( 5041, 9, 25 )
    SetHeadAngle( 96, 61 )
    return
« Last Edit: 2016-11-04 08:39:24 by Tirlititi »

blahitzmunchii

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2016-11-03 15:34:00 »
thanks!!

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.35b)
« Reply #595 on: 2016-11-07 07:25:30 »
Version 0.35b is up. All the changes apply only to the Steam version :
- Fixed the black screen bug in battles when you modified an item,
- Improved the reading/modding of Assembly-CSharp.dll,
- Added a "Break damage limit" macro, be careful that it will bug with certain bosses,
- You can now change the model of the enemies.

So, for the reading/modding of Assembly-CSharp.dll, it should allow people like Baby5, who has slightly different version of the game, to use Hades Workshop without problem (Baby5, you can use the file that you uploaded : stats panel and status lists and other things should work fine now).

The "Break damage limit" has a problem which is not related to the game's engine but with the AI of several bosses : they have 10000 more Max HP than normally and are not supposed to die, ever (they terminate the battle before they reach 0 HP). For these bosses, if you hit them so hard that they reach 0 HP without passing through the 1HP-9999HP range, they will die for real and, from my experience, the game will sofltlock.
I don't know how to fix that... Any fix will be AI script related anyway.

The enemy model feature is all fresh. I just figured out this week-end that it shouldn't be too hard to be done with the Steam version. To properly modify the model (you can only choose models of enemies btw), you need to change the model in the 1st page of an enemy's data and then modify that enemies' attacks spell animation sequences. Indeed, in the spell animation sequences, there are lines like "Play Animation" ; since the animations of the previous model and the animations of the new ones will likely not match, you need to change the numbers of these lines (check the spell animations of the default enemies that have the chosen model).
In the future, I will make it so you can add/remove different kinds of enemies in an battle, and I hope the "Battle Scene" field will work soon as well. This way you can take out the full potential of choosing an enemy's model.

I looked about modifying Defend/Change abilities, but that's a bit more complex than I thought. They are specially handled at various points in the code and I need to see which ones to modify and how.

itoikenza

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2016-11-07 09:48:41 »
Thanks for looking into Defend/Change for me, Tirlititi! i'm prob the only dude looking forward to that kinda edit

Gine

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2016-11-07 17:02:53 »
Thanks for update :)

Baby5

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2016-11-08 17:35:05 »
Thanks for trying to make the workshop compatible with our different version of FF9. :)

I tried the 0.35b, and indeed it did not crash at the start anymore(i can see the Final Fantasy IX Logo) so that's an improvement! But then I tried to modify something in the Commands menu(I replaced Medeo in SFX into Firaga) and saved. Weird things happened the moment I got into a battle. All my characters were showing at 9999 HP and 999 MP(which was definitely not the case on the save I loaded), full trance and ATB bar, but could not get a turn(the Commands do not show up in battle). Then an enemy did 4 damage infinitely to Quina and it kept showing 4 damage over and over(without Quina's HP ever decreasing)...

I am sticking to version 0.34b for now. Even though I cannot have access to modifying Commands and Stats, at least the game does not crash. I am hoping the workshop becomes fully compatible with all versions of FF9 at some point.

Thanks again!

Edit: Okay, after further testing with version 0.35b
Spells panel works just fine, and the Status panel has been completely fixed. I can create new Status sets completely.

Shops panel has also been fixed(it used to show Daguerreo's inventory as Ipsen Castle and I had to go to each location one by one to track which was which). Now Daguerreo's list is showing as Daguerreo correctly.

Commands panel works fine now. Before, the workshop would crash the moment I clicked on any Commands(such as Summon) probably because that was linked to the Stats panel(which crashed when clicked) and I would have to force it to close through Task Manager. I have not tried modifying Commands much yet since it seem the Stats panel must match(according the post about the Steam version), which brings us to the next point

Stats panel does not crash in the workshop. You can edit it. But if you edit anything at all, the problem mentioned above occurs. I tried something simple such as replacing Garnet's Healer support ability with Restore HP instead. Anything of the sort completely messes the game up and all battles freeze in an infinite loop of damage or heal numbers. (Also Reflect's red sparkles somehow weirdly get frozen in place)
« Last Edit: 2016-11-09 11:56:22 by Baby5 »

Gine

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2016-11-12 16:54:23 »
I found small bug with editing UI Texts.

If edit or translate in UI Texts. It cannot skip cut scene in game.

It just appear with notice box with no text.