Author Topic: [PSX/PC] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)  (Read 704094 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7] KERNEL.BIN editor - WallMarket (v1.4.5)
« Reply #1125 on: 2015-08-03 15:16:54 »
I don't know if it's the file that's the source of the problem; this is affecting kernels that haven't been edited at all, like the default ones I keep stored away as back-ups.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1126 on: 2015-08-03 16:37:09 »
That looks like it's a memory problem, not having anything to do with WallMarket. Reboot your machine, test your RAM, defrag your HDD, etc.

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Code: [Select]
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

All these methods are API calls and not part of the code I wrote.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 2015-08-03 21:47:33 »
Alright, I'll give the PC a clean and check it's parts. Cheers for the info.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: 2015-08-29 12:32:16 »
I managed to fix that issue I was having today. What I did was, I uninstalled all the visual basic power packs, .NET, etc. and then reinstalled them to make sure they were clean. It seems to have fixed whatever problem was preventing text entry.

Bartz24

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: 2015-09-05 18:58:25 »
I've been trying to run WallMarket, but it comes up saying "WallMarket has stopped working".  I have Microsoft.VisualBasics.PowerPacks.Vs in the assembly folder of Windows, but it's version 10.  So, does version 10 not work WallMarket?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1130 on: 2015-09-05 19:21:01 »
So, does version 10 not work WallMarket?
I hope it does, try running it in compatibility mode. I have no idea how to do that. :(

Bartz24

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: 2015-09-05 19:42:25 »
None of the compatibility options worked.  This is odd.

I got the PowerPacks when I installed Visual Studio.  I never used any of the tools, but I notice that all of the tools from PowerPacks are there.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-05 19:46:22 by Bartz24 »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1132 on: 2015-09-05 22:37:22 »
None of the compatibility options worked.  This is odd.

I got the PowerPacks when I installed Visual Studio.  I never used any of the tools, but I notice that all of the tools from PowerPacks are there.
You need the PowerPacks binaries, not just the assemblies. They may be equivalent. I know the runtimes and the SDK are different, but I'm pretty sure the SDK contains the runtimes.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1133 on: 2016-01-04 15:37:53 »
I've created .WM patches for Reunion Beacause R03e and New Threat 1.35, but when I try to "Create KERNEL.BIN" after applying their patches to a clean kernel.bin, I get the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Destination array was not long enough. Check destIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
   at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
   at System.Array.CopyTo(Array array, Int32 index)
   at WallMarket.Form1.CreateGrowthkernelfile()
   at WallMarket.Form1.CreateKERNELBINToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at WallMarket.Form1.CreateKERNELBINKernel2binToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WallMarket
    Assembly Version: 1.4.5.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Mods/Final%20Fantasy%20VII/Tools/Wall%20Market%20v145/WallMarket.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8670 (QFE.050727-8600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks
    Assembly Version: 9.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.30214.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks/9.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Not sure where to go from here.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1134 on: 2016-01-04 16:48:20 »
Weird. That....can't happen. Can you email me the patches? Email's in my profile.

BloodAddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: 2016-01-15 01:39:27 »
First of all thanks for the op for this great tool, it really helped me out, but i'd like to point out something important that i think some people like me warent able to use the tool untill i figured out the reason why it wasnt working for me, for some reason the steam version i have has 2 copies of kernel files one in Data/Kernel and one in Data/Lang-eng/Kernel, i kept editing the one in Data/Kernel, but that didnt work for me i kept trying and trying after like 2 hours for some reason it came to me to look in the files for other kernel files and i found it in Data/Lang-eng/Kernel, and guess what it worked, i'd guess this is either only for the steam version or it might be due to the steam region it was downloaded at, i dont know if this is known or not, but i'd appreciate it if the op specefied this, because i'm pretty sure some people warent able to use the tool because of this issue i had, and if this issue is known dont get mad at me i'm just trying to help, and i'm gonna thank the op again for this tool gonna have too much fun with it.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1136 on: 2016-01-15 03:23:16 »
I didn't know that, but no one that has the Steam version has even mentioned a second KERNEL.bin yet; Even in all the differences lists on the Internet I can find don't mention this at all. Are you sure it's not from some mod you're using? Some mods actually do have multiple KERNEL.bin files.

BloodAddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: 2016-01-15 03:54:21 »
i've used tifa's 7th heaven mod, and if what youre talking about is true it still should be pointed out too just in case

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1138 on: 2016-02-19 04:32:15 »
Hmmm. So the last version came out over a year ago, but I'm just now learning something that WM's been doing wrong. Predicting EXP growth.

Several months (years now?) ago someone suggested making preview windows for the growth curves in case we wanted to modify them. That would make character progression planning a little easier. Well, turns out I just looked at the code for EXP growth and I've been doing it wrong.
The formula for calculating next level's required exp is thus:
requiredEXP = Level_Mod * current_level^2 / 10So calculating total EXP at a given level would be like so:
for x = 1 to current_level - 1
   totalEXP += Level_Mod * x^2 / 10
next x
Turns out this is not what WM's doing. First off, it was changing the Level_Mod to fit the current x it was on, not the current level. Secondly, it was not flooring the result like FF7 does. So at the first level, Cloud needs 68 * 1 * 1 / 10 = 6.8 EXP to get to level 2. There are no fractional EXP so the game rounds down because it's not doing math in floating point so Cloud just needs 6 EXP to go from level 1 to 2. Stupid .NET rounds UP when converting from float to integer so it was reporting he needed 7. This was affecting all my calculations and I was assuming Terrance was wrong. I feel kinda dumb that I didn't catch that until now.

HOWEVER! I can still say Terrance's Party Mechanics guide on GFAQs contains an error. This most likely boils down to typos, but he's got the character's final EXP off.

Mod 76:    2,420,933 XP  (Cloud, Barret, Yuffie, Cid, Sephiroth)
  Mod 77:    2,452,783 XP  (Tifa, Red XIII, Cait Sith, Vincent)

While I can confirm those ought to be the correct values, the list of characters these apply to are reversed. For some reason I feel like I should claim a bounty on such a find. :P

Regardless, I finally got WM in a working state THAT WON'T REQUIRE THE POWER PACKS RUNTIMES ANY LONGER!!!! A few things broke in transition so I'll have to fix it. Then I'll release 1.5.0 and get the source out. It's awful, but I started it over seven years ago. I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two since then.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: 2016-02-19 04:44:39 »
Hmmm. So the last version came out over a year ago, but I'm just now learning something that WM's been doing wrong. Predicting EXP growth.

Several months (years now?) ago someone suggested making preview windows for the growth curves in case we wanted to modify them. That would make character progression planning a little easier. Well, turns out I just looked at the code for EXP growth and I've been doing it wrong.
The formula for calculating next level's required exp is thus:
requiredEXP = Level_Mod * current_level^2 / 10So calculating total EXP at a given level would be like so:
for x = 1 to current_level - 1
   totalEXP += Level_Mod * x^2 / 10
next x
Turns out this is not what WM's doing. First off, it was changing the Level_Mod to fit the current x it was on, not the current level. Secondly, it was not flooring the result like FF7 does. So at the first level, Cloud needs 68 * 1 * 1 / 10 = 6.8 EXP to get to level 2. There are no fractional EXP so the game rounds down because it's not doing math in floating point so Cloud just needs 6 EXP to go from level 1 to 2. Stupid .NET rounds UP when converting from float to integer so it was reporting he needed 7. This was affecting all my calculations and I was assuming Terrance was wrong. I feel kinda dumb that I didn't catch that until now.

HOWEVER! I can still say Terrance's Party Mechanics guide on GFAQs contains an error. This most likely boils down to typos, but he's got the character's final EXP off.

While I can confirm those ought to be the correct values, the list of characters these apply to are reversed. For some reason I feel like I should claim a bounty on such a find. :P

Regardless, I finally got WM in a working state THAT WON'T REQUIRE THE POWER PACKS RUNTIMES ANY LONGER!!!! A few things broke in transition so I'll have to fix it. Then I'll release 1.5.0 and get the source out. It's awful, but I started it over seven years ago. I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two since then.

Pretty hyped for this; making the tool more accessible will maybe help people get into the gameplay side of modding a bit more. It'd be nice if there were more of them floating around.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 2016-02-19 04:49:13 »
Cool!

And this error is purely with exp curve?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1141 on: 2016-02-19 12:21:09 »
Pretty hyped for this; making the tool more accessible will maybe help people get into the gameplay side of modding a bit more. It'd be nice if there were more of them floating around.
TBH, this has been a long time in coming. It's just gotten to the point where I don't know where to go from here, but I don't want to release source that won't compile for everyone. I'll put it on SourceForge like PrC is.

And this error is purely with exp curve?
All other calculated values currently line up with Terrance's guides. He even berated me when I was starting to implement the curves because I wasn't properly flooring my values at certain steps. :)
He's made a handful of posts in this thread somewhere.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 2016-02-19 17:11:42 »
:P  I do like a perfectionist.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1143 on: 2016-02-22 02:49:06 »
Adding to the things being incorrectly calculated, the BASE factor for all curves is always SIGNED. It only ever shows up in HP and MP calculations, but can be used in stat calculation too, it just isn't.

SpiderWaffle

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 2016-05-01 22:46:20 »
What is the best option for Windows 7 users now? I always get "wallmarket has stopped working" error

thanks!

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #1145 on: 2016-05-02 13:19:41 »
Install Power Packs. It's a requirement on the first post.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1146 on: 2016-05-02 13:38:58 »

TBH, this has been a long time in coming. It's just gotten to the point where I don't know where to go from here, but I don't want to release source that won't compile for everyone. I'll put it on SourceForge like PrC is.
its ok if it don't build . were just gonna use it as a referance to make more ff7tk parts. we have been putting the kernel off for far to long mostly because buzy/lazy.

SpiderWaffle

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 2016-05-03 21:22:56 »
Install Power Packs.

The clue that I could use, now I'm playing with power!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 2016-08-25 21:57:53 »
Bug. 

When looking at the materia list, selecting "Cover" materia and then moving to Underwater materia, below it, will not update the Materia Subtype drop down info and probably other info too.  Likely replicated on other materias.

Question

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 2016-10-17 10:15:31 »
Is there a known issue where editing the kernel can cause text to glitch?

I edited several weapons/armor to include more text descriptions, and never got a warning message that the text was exceeding limits. But for some reason, Tifa's limit break now says "B Rush" in battle instead of "Beat Rush" even though i never touched her limit break or any text related to it. Any idea what could be causing that?