Author Topic: [WIP] Team Avalanche's Graphical Overhaul  (Read 593443 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Team Avalanche's 2D Overhaul
« Reply #1350 on: 2009-09-09 04:01:58 »
Ok guys i fixed the limit and experience bars. Here they are, just copy over the ones that are in there.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZOP2RMQ

It uses the same color as the one in the screenshot hellbringer616 gave me so it should be pretty damn close

« Reply #1351 on: 2009-09-09 04:32:41 »
Sh** Ice 2 is epic man. lol.
i am loving this mod. Soon i am going to do some palmer work, and some battle background work. I just got my photoshop working again.
:D

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 2009-09-09 05:00:07 »
Sh** Ice 2 is epic man. lol.
i am loving this mod. Soon i am going to do some palmer work, and some battle background work. I just got my photoshop working again.
:D

Thats not even the final version in the mod. Just wait until you see timu's. Oh by the way field backgrounds are 2d *hint*  :wink:

« Reply #1353 on: 2009-09-09 05:03:53 »
yeah... if i can figure palmer out... and get into it. I will join this project, if you will let me. lol.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 2009-09-09 05:07:04 »
yeah... if i can figure palmer out... and get into it. I will join this project, if you will let me. lol.

No guarantees, would have to see some examples of work first

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: 2009-09-09 07:12:41 »
@sl1982

Does this MOD in anyway affects FFVIImusic MOD?

If you would kindly give me some or slightest possible way ( scenario if you will )  it could...would be much appreciated...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 2009-09-09 15:45:03 »
There is absolutely no way this mod could affect FF7Music. This only modifies data files (and notably NOT midi.lgp or ff7.exe), whereas FF7Music relies upon the exe itself, and Aali's driver if you have it installed.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 2009-09-09 15:46:33 »
There is absolutely no way this mod could affect FF7Music. This only modifies data files (and notably NOT midi.lgp or ff7.exe), whereas FF7Music relies upon the exe itself, and Aali's driver if you have it installed.

You are correct. There is absolutely no reason why this mod would affect FF7Music. So i suggest everyone enjoy both  :-D

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 2009-09-10 04:32:31 »
um... i know you were using pyrozen's external texture thing to find the unknown textures... and it seems that you forgot to take it out of beta 8, because KotR has a nice spiraling external texture effect at the start of the summon's animation  :roll:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 2009-09-10 04:39:16 »
um... i know you were using pyrozen's external texture thing to find the unknown textures... and it seems that you forgot to take it out of beta 8, because KotR has a nice spiraling external texture effect at the start of the summon's animation  :roll:

Can i see a screen? Does it look cool? lol

edit: delete tube_1 from the magictex folder and rerun the patch.bat with a fresh magic.lgp
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 04:43:51 by sl1982 »

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 2009-09-10 04:49:34 »
here is a screenie (dont mind my massive amount of stuff on my task bar  :roll:):

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: 2009-09-10 04:53:23 »
here is a screenie (dont mind my massive amount of stuff on my task bar  :roll:):

LOL

Thats the way i designed it. Dont you like it?  :roll:

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 2009-09-10 04:58:17 »
i was surprised when i first saw it... i was wondering what was going on, because the normal texture wasn't there (and at the start i didn't see what it said, until i got this view of it), and then it hit me :-P. it's no biggie... pretty funny actually... i think i will keep it in for now  :lol:.

at least you know what the texture is now  :roll:. and i may be mistaken, but it seems like the big shot texture is used for one of the parts of the animation KotR uses, it seems to be full of other textures from everywhere else if it doesn't have it's own (i will see if i can get a screenie of what looks like big-shot... hafta get my trigger finger ready  8-))

hmm... maybe not then, big shot looks better, it may have it's own texture then or uses a part of the fire spells.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 05:04:12 by secondadvent »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 2009-09-10 05:17:43 »
i was surprised when i first saw it... i was wondering what was going on, because the normal texture wasn't there (and at the start i didn't see what it said, until i got this view of it), and then it hit me :-P. it's no biggie... pretty funny actually... i think i will keep it in for now  :lol:.

at least you know what the texture is now  :roll:. and i may be mistaken, but it seems like the big shot texture is used for one of the parts of the animation KotR uses, it seems to be full of other textures from everywhere else if it doesn't have it's own (i will see if i can get a screenie of what looks like big-shot... hafta get my trigger finger ready  8-))

hmm... maybe not then, big shot looks better, it may have it's own texture then or uses a part of the fire spells.

Dont worry about it. I just spent a day and a half replacing and hex editing 650 or so textures from the game so now i can figure out exactly what textures are used for each spell

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 2009-09-10 05:22:43 »
what, did you do something along the lines of the external texture, but pointed everything to textures that just say the name of the tex file it is referenced from or something along those lines?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: 2009-09-10 05:24:33 »
what, did you do something along the lines of the external texture, but pointed everything to textures that just say the name of the tex file it is referenced from or something along those lines?

Thats exactly what i did

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 2009-09-10 05:30:00 »
nice  :lol:. do you have them all already identified, or do you need some help finding some of them? some of the smaller textures are likely going to be a pain to be able to see though, depending on how the game renders the texture. if you want any help in just finding which file is which (i am not a good texturer  :oops:), i can help if you want/need me to.

help by do mass in-game texture searches i mean  :wink:. i bet there are plenty of enemy attacks that will be harder to identify right away, that are out of reach of materia, and i don't really have too much else to do right now (making an enemy leveling mod, to make the enemies level up with you, but that will take a while to complete anyway... and english class is easy but boring, and is the only class i have right now :roll:)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 05:40:45 by secondadvent »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 2009-09-10 05:56:21 »
nice  :lol:. do you have them all already identified, or do you need some help finding some of them? some of the smaller textures are likely going to be a pain to be able to see though, depending on how the game renders the texture. if you want any help in just finding which file is which (i am not a good texturer  :oops:), i can help if you want/need me to.

help by do mass in-game texture searches i mean  :wink:. i bet there are plenty of enemy attacks that will be harder to identify right away, that are out of reach of materia, and i don't really have too much else to do right now (making an enemy leveling mod, to make the enemies level up with you, but that will take a while to complete anyway... and english class is easy but boring, and is the only class i have right now :roll:)

Well the nice thing about what i did was any texture the game tries to find it wont be able to and it makes a note of it in the app.log. So its pretty easy to figure out now

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 2009-09-10 06:01:03 »
ah, so you did it like what i said, minus the textures themselves? guess it does make it pretty easy then  :lol:

darkvadd7

• View Profile
    • ChristopherNolan.fr
« Reply #1369 on: 2009-09-10 08:26:05 »
That's a great patch !
But how make it works with the french version please ?

Thanks !

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 2009-09-10 11:08:44 »
Hello!!

Querria that you were teaching me is necessary to make modify my FF7, to help and by that I am very interested in learning.

Or say to me that you programme usais...

plz!!

PD: spectacular work!!!!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: 2009-09-10 16:44:37 »
That's a great patch !
But how make it works with the french version please ?

Thanks !
I dont know the difference between the english and french versions of the game so i cannot help you. If you could give me a list of the files in your menu lgp i may be able to help

Qudeid

• View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 2009-09-10 17:07:12 »
As the german version (I'm not playing the german version on PC but I have played it) has ä,ö,ü so will the french version have the accents, I guess...?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 2009-09-10 17:23:57 »
Right, but there may also be a difference in filenames in the lgp. eg: the unglish version has usfont_a_h. Is it called something else in the french version? I dunno

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 2009-09-10 17:28:54 »
About patching non-English versions of the game...

If the files are the same and only have different names, could one patch them by changing their names to what they are in the English version, applying the patch, and then changing the names back to what they are in the French/German/Spanish/whatever game? Or is it not that easy? :-P