Author Topic: How old is everyone?  (Read 134998 times)

J*** H*******

How old is everyone?
« Reply #225 on: 2001-01-31 15:06:00 »
Threesixty: That's... *cheats by searching on net* '74 Duster ? Or was that grill on later models too ? In any case, not bad, elder being.  :D

PS. Ohhh, that's where the 360 came from, should've realized that earlier.

StrayWings: Not so good, I've this really annoying pain in my back, thanks to bizarre sleeping position. Thank god it's getting better all the time.

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #226 on: 2001-01-31 20:51:00 »
caddbury, music's my life too. i play the electric guitar and play rock type stuff, like the stuff u mentioned. thanks for reminding me, i need to d/l the full version of rape me by nirvana. i was thinking of getting hybrid theory, linkin parks' album, what do u think?

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
How old is everyone?
« Reply #227 on: 2001-01-31 22:46:00 »
Hey! You got it on both counts.....360 also came about because I also own a Cummings Turbo Diesel.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
How old is everyone?
« Reply #228 on: 2001-02-01 11:53:00 »
Personally i love Nirvana and Rape me is i think one of their best songs.. I havent listened to all of the linkin park album.. my friends got it and i havent burned it yet.. he probably played it though so i probably heard it but i dont recall much.. goood band though.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #229 on: 2001-02-01 20:46:00 »
If we're moving on to music, Rackets and Drapes is the band for me.

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #230 on: 2001-02-01 21:57:00 »
well i quite like creed too. i dont know if this is moving onto music. everyone else seems to be talking about cars. i dont think i can get hybrid theory cos im just about to get one of incubus' albums so i might not have the money. plus i want to by significant other. never heard of racket and drapes before......

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
How old is everyone?
« Reply #231 on: 2001-02-02 00:28:00 »
I listen to all kinds of music. Really. To sum up, I listen about equally much to these genres:

Classical - Beethoven, Back, Vivaldi

Jazz: Mostly Blue Note, Miles Davis, various stuff I pick up...

Rap: Us3, Fun Lovin' Criminals (both of these are a little jazz related, I don't listen much to pure rap)

Uncatagorizable: Portishead for instance...

Funk: Jamiroquai (not much), Morphine

Rock and related guitar playing stuff: Many Norwegian pure rock bands, Rage Against The Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Creed

Metal: Rhapsody, Sentenced, Children of Bodom (two last ones are Finnish, Jari?)

Techno: Good old amiga MOD files, Unreal Tournament soundtrack

...and of course Uematso!

All of these are examples from the top of my head, not even the best music I have on my
6GB CREATIVE NOMAD JUKEBOX  MP3/WMA PLAYER

The only genre I don't listen to will have to be hit-list music (which in Norway means Britney, Anastasia and worse), but then again that is the music played at parties up here so I guess I listen to that too in a way.

[This message has been edited by dagsverre (edited February 01, 2001).]

J*** H*******

How old is everyone?
« Reply #232 on: 2001-02-02 02:58:00 »
Dag: Yep, they are.

Music... mmmm... I don't listen music that much, on purpose that is, but I often have something on the background. Pretty much everything will do, _except_ boy bands. And some of the girl bands + certain names from the charts, like Britney and Christina for example.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #233 on: 2001-02-02 07:47:00 »
Did you know you can change the int. harddisk of the nomad jukebox?
I've forgotten the link( I didn't keep it cause I don't own one). Note: This isnt one of those Joey posts, there really is such a thing and I've seen it. If I remember properly, you have to get notebook hard drives.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
How old is everyone?
« Reply #234 on: 2001-02-02 09:31:00 »
Dag awful wide variety there u into drugs?

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #235 on: 2001-02-02 15:29:00 »
Since this topic is already so off-topic, lets add something else to pull it closer to the 'about you' topic.
What's your real name and how do you you pronounce it?

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
How old is everyone?
« Reply #236 on: 2001-02-02 16:24:00 »
Hehe...no I'm not into drugs, however I am a musician. Played the piano for five or six  years and also played a lot in a band. Actually I think I listen to a lot of similar music, I don't find it all that strange. You can find something in common in all my music I think.

So I tend to appriciate a lot of different music, I listen to all different kinds as long as it is a little originality and good musicians behind it.

I hate bybands as well...of course. And my real name? Dag Sverre Seljebotn. I don't have a nick. I pronounce it straight ahead in my language, Norwegians get it right at once (it's common names), don't know exactly how to explain it in English. I know the meanings of the words as well, even though noone care any more about the meanings of names here than in English-speaking countries:

Dag = day

Sverre = if I go about 1000 years back (to the vikings), before it was shortened, it would have been Sverdawarjar, which is the same work as in English (common ancestor language): Sverre = Sverdawarjir = Swordwarrior

Seljebotn: Actually two words, Selje is a tree, Botn is the english word "bottom", meaning a valley. So, a valley full of Selje-trees. It's a specific valley on the west-coast of Norway, been there many times...my father grew up there.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #237 on: 2001-02-02 17:14:00 »
Oh, I forgot to post my name!

Well my real name is

Lau Zhen-Jock

For those of you with GB2312 enabled browsers, my name is written in Simplified Chinese as

Áõ Õñ ׿
(pronounced Liu Zhen Zhuo in Mandarin)

I don't think anyone can pronounce my family name wrongly, right? But just in case Lau is pronounced La-ou. My surname is just a surname and has no written meaning in the chinese language.

Zhen is pronounced as Jurn with not too much emphasis on the letter r. This word means exersion/enthusiasm

Jock is pronounced as J-ock? Basically is pronounced exactly the way the brits' call Jock's. This word means eminent / outstanding / remarkable.

When put together, my name means that have to exert and work with enthusiasm to achieve outstanding performance.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #238 on: 2001-02-02 21:18:00 »
eerrrr: I'm not surprised you haven't heard of them. They're pretty much underground. If you're one of those Napster users, they've usually got some stuff by them on there.

Dag Sverre: Rub it in why don't ya. Those things cost $500. Nevertheless, I'll have one someday.

Caddberry: My musical taste is quite diverse as well. I like Shock Rock, Metal (Black/Unblack, Death), Gothic, Industrial, Techno, Dance, Alternative, Punk (mostly old school, but some new school), Hardcore, Classical, Rock, Ska, Rapcore. I don't much care for a lot of the mainstream stuff (rap, Britney/Nsync style stuff gets two thumbs down).

I played the piano for a couple years when I was younger. Now I do bass guitar and drums.

Jedimark

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #239 on: 2001-02-03 12:54:00 »
Um... well my real name is Censored ~Covarr! Dont worry I've heard all the Highlander jokes before  :x !!!
« Last Edit: 2013-05-01 23:00:51 by Covarr »

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #240 on: 2001-02-03 18:03:00 »
Ah........
Our first 7th page

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #241 on: 2001-02-03 19:37:00 »
yeah, the ubb's been very quiet today. i wonder why. i came on this morning, and now there are only two topics with new posts. hhmmmmm.....

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #242 on: 2001-02-03 22:51:00 »
hmm, it has been slow the last few weeks tho...
my names Sajid but i dont think you can make funny jokes outta that easily :P
jari: what did u mean when you put the link to qhimms main page in ure post? whats so new about that?

J*** H*******

How old is everyone?
« Reply #243 on: 2001-02-04 00:05:00 »
The Skillster: Allow me to explain. Speculation about Qhimm's age; there seems to be guesses from 17 to 24. And all this time the most obvious of clues is sitting right in front of you: the url. ...mrdata____82____/ Does that tell you something ?  :wink:

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
How old is everyone?
« Reply #244 on: 2001-02-04 11:02:00 »
Well, Joey, behave well in front of olders (well.. maybe 2 years of diffrence, but..)  :D  :D

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #245 on: 2001-02-04 16:18:00 »
Hmm, i get it now....

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #246 on: 2001-02-04 17:12:00 »
hhhmm, people seem to be leaving this topic. dont give up now! we still have to get it to 10 pages. i think everyone cant be bothered to carry on with it anymore.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #247 on: 2001-02-04 23:55:00 »
Topics like this rarely die, even if they look like it. I'm sure it'll get its second wind soon enough.

StrayWings

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #248 on: 2001-02-05 05:27:00 »
 :) *laughs*  :) *grins*

I have posted my life's story. You guys should do the same.  :) It would be interesting to know and everyone would be a step closer to each other.
  :D I am looking foward to hear from Amy!

StrayWings

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #249 on: 2001-02-05 05:29:00 »
 :) *laughs*  :) *grins*

I have posted my life's story. You guys should do the same.  :) It would be interesting to know and everyone would be a step closer to each other.
  :D I am looking foward to hear from Amy!