Author Topic: I followed as many guides + videos but no avail for steam ver 2013  (Read 3011 times)

baka101

• View Profile
Hi I will take you through the steps I used for steam version of FF7 and guides used. WINDOWS 10 x64 using btw
https://captrobau.blogspot.com/p/install-guide-ff7-mod-manager.html
for graphical mods I downloaded this "Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Complete Download (5.77 GB) ~ Recommended" from downloads page. I'm using 7th Heaven version 1.54.
Downloaded FF7 from steam I created an F:\SteamLibrary then when ff7 was moved to it via steam it created F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII next was
Step 2: Downloading the Setup Files
The game needs to be prepared for mod compatibility. You will need several programs. I have combined these programs into a single zip file.
Download Modding FF7 Setup Files
Mirror 1 (Mega.co.nz)
Mirror 2 (MediaFire)

Once you have Modding FF7 Setup Files 1.0.zip downloaded, unpack it anywhere you'd like (Downloads folder, Desktop). In the folder that you've just unpacked, there are several files.

Step 3: Mount the ISO
Before you can run the FF7 Game Converter, you have to trick Final Fantasy VII that the original CD is in the tray. You can do this by mounting the blank FF7DISC1.iso from the Setup Files folder above to a Virtual Drive.

Step 4: Run the FF7 Game Converter
Run the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe file found in the Setup Files folder. A command prompt will pop up.

Step 5: Install 7th Heaven Step 8: Installing the rest of Remako Step 8: Installing the Remako FMVs Step 10: Enabling the mods
Extract 7th Heaven (7H_1.54.zip) found in the Setup Files folder to any location you want. Run 7thHeaven.exe to start the program. It might be useful to make Shortcut to Desktop of this executable, as you will use it each time you want to play FF7 with mods.

here is the mod order from Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Complete Download (5.77 GB)
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Battle Textures (battle) Ver 1.0 6/15/19
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Menu Avatars (menu) Ver 1.0 6/15/19
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - Pre-Rendered Backgrounds (field + char + minigames)
Ver 1.0 6/15/19
Remako HD Graphics Mod v1.0 - World Textures (world) Ver 1.0 6/15/19

Library Location: ...\mods\7th Heaven
FF7 Exe: ...\ff7.exe
Aali Modpath: ...\mods\Textures
Movie Path: ...\data\movies
Subscriptions: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu
Extra Folders:
        music
        direct
Check Box: Automatically import mods in library folder

Step 6: OpenGL driver configuration
Click on Workshop > OpenGL driver configuration and set up a configuration:

Step 7: Installing yuv.frag
The way that the FMVs in Remako have been generated requires you to overwrite a file. Take the yuv.frag file that you downloaded above and put it in the shaders folder of your FF7 installation. Overwrite when asked.

CUSTOM FF7_OpenGL.cfg is set to direct_mode = on as well as the ff7_opengl.cfg

And yet when I am at the part with the intro transitioning to the train meeting the platform automatically the background goes into the standard pixelation of the PC version, its as if the mods are not working but yet I have them all on activated.

CLICK IMAGES AS PIXELATION CAN'T BEEN SEEN IN SMALLER IMAGES PROVIDED

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2019-06-18 11:26:26 by baka101 »

lordhardware

• View Profile
dumb question, but are you launching the game from inside 7th Heaven?

baka101

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply, yes I use the Launch Game at bottom of 7th Heaven, after activating all relevant mods.

i am having problems with the steam versions too.

Khrone

• View Profile
Have you tried with 7thHeaven 1.56? (why use the 1.54 version?)

Here it is: https://github.com/TurBoss/7h/releases/download/1.56_RC/7H_1.56_RC6.zip
« Last Edit: 2019-07-19 16:52:52 by Khrone »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
why use the 1.54 version?
Because the 1.56RCx series suffers from a multitude of various and sundry bugs