Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496908 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #700 on: 2019-04-25 17:49:22 »
Yes, you  can replace the animations with the ones from this folder.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #701 on: 2019-04-25 17:54:34 »
Thanks.
By the way is there any models witch are in the iro and not in the lgp installer ?
If i want all your lastest models and size correction, witch files do i need to use ? I already edited the flevel for size correction and used the lgp installer to upgrade my lgp, do i need to add some stuff from the iro (the young cloud model for exemple) ?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #702 on: 2019-04-25 20:02:26 »
I've done some test and the actual chaos with resized models seems to work great.
It's cool to have make sephirot hold a "newspaper" in the truck in cloud's past, but too bad you haven't do it for the flashback scene in stream of life too.
Also in the flashback scene in the truck, with resized model, the driver seems to standing instead of seating.

I've only done tests here and there and it's realy better with resized model than with classic chaos models.

I had to add young cloud's model to avoird bug in the could past with resied models as you said me.
Only waiting you tell me if others models need to be added.
So far here's what i've done
1)upgrade lgp with the lgp installer
2)makou the flevel with the extracted fields of your upscaled flevel
3)upgrade world / char and battle with the folders of the chaos iro file (first with xxx.lgp folder, then with animation\xxx.lgp)

Do i need some of the "Animation\EventAnimation" folder's model ?
Do i need some of the "Event" folder's model ?

Thanks

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2019-04-25 20:48:26 »
Event is 7H only. It fixes the feet of some models when they use Cid's or Barrett's animations, like the fat crew member in the Highwind. You need to rename these animations, pack them into the char.lgp and add them manually to the model with model loader.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #704 on: 2019-04-25 21:50:28 »
thanks, do you have an exaustiv list of the replacements i have to do in flevel to ue the "EventAnimation" ?
and how about the Event\Tifa8 and Event\Wallmarket...

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2019-04-26 04:10:31 »
Event is 7H only. It fixes the feet of some models when they use Cid's or Barrett's animations, like the fat crew member in the Highwind. You need to rename these animations, pack them into the char.lgp and add them manually to the model with model loader.

The animation folder contains the new animations. I outsourced it just for maintenance reasons. I actually have a few more but they are hight corrected, which means that the models don't go through the walkmesh. Though, this doesn't fully work in game because the models can be bigger or smaller depending on the scales they have for a field, but it looks much better this way.

This explains the balanced glitches (I mean very little and barely noticeable) I've experienced in detail, while running insane amounts of mods and alterations from field, to world, to battle, amazing work..

That is a lot of work to take it out of 7th heaven, but thank you for sharing.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-26 04:13:29 by tracido »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #706 on: 2019-04-27 20:56:48 »
I've done as much a possible to get your sized chars works with my flevel and it's working great but it seems that there's some issues, if a launch a new game, it try to open a model "DXBD" witch doesn't exists.
I've tried lots of screens and dont have spoted other bugs, but if you think some fields could be problematic could you tell me so i can test/correct them ^^

thanks.

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2019-04-28 04:49:19 »
I've done as much a possible to get your sized chars works with my flevel and it's working great but it seems that there's some issues, if a launch a new game, it try to open a model "DXBD" witch doesn't exists.
I've tried lots of screens and dont have spoted other bugs, but if you think some fields could be problematic could you tell me so i can test/correct them ^^

thanks.
That sounds like something similar I experienced when I just tried the lgp method for other things..

I'm pretty sure you will need to test it with other mods to see how compatible it is, but as far as I've tested, once you get your error solved, this is one of the most compatible mods I've ever used.

Even the updates recently to Niko's turned off messed up Weemus's Seph model in field, but Kal's stuff, I haven't had issues with beyond the tiniest of glitches.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #708 on: 2019-04-28 06:03:27 »
Not others mods related to my mind, it's an flevel.lgp bug (and not a missing model bug as i thought):
the flevel.lgp linked:

the flevel corrected after deleting and replacing the model:

So the flevel linked seems to have some corruption to this field
I'm browsing the game with ochu to load test as much a fields as possible to find other corruptions ^^

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2019-04-28 10:08:53 »
Know I remember, I replaced the infantry models with the armed versions of them and fixed the disappearance bug of one of the infantry by editing the script.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2019-05-05 12:08:46 »
Hello,

does the chaos mod change every single model in the game or does it focus on the most important models, like the main heroes, shinra, some story relevant NPCs?

Edit: I installed 7H and tested this mod myself. At first look it seems every model got a rework. Awesome mod. The big models option is a good idea, but i get with New Threat Mod many crashes when i enter certain areas with big models.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 21:30:50 by LeOsTyLe »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #711 on: 2019-05-12 14:00:02 »
Found 2 other bug:

With your flevel the ancient's key in dio showroom is a save "?" icon (the model used in flevel is not the good one)
With your models i can't get the dialogs to show up in this game's part (dialogs are ok with the same flevel and with regular models, if i edit the char.lgp to put regular models for this field, the dialogs show again but i cant spot out why):

So if you have any solution for those dialogs ^^
Thanks !

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2019-05-13 06:47:13 »
Hello,

does the chaos mod change every single model in the game or does it focus on the most important models, like the main heroes, shinra, some story relevant NPCs?

Edit: I installed 7H and tested this mod myself. At first look it seems every model got a rework. Awesome mod. The big models option is a good idea, but i get with New Threat Mod many crashes when i enter certain areas with big models.

Yes, EVERY single model, that's the entire point of the project of the mod. :P

Kal made the code so it can be overridden by mods put ABOVE it, and YES sometimes there are glitches with that setup with a few specific mods in 7th Heaven that break or don't get overridden.

However, no, there are no options to turn off individual characters, but it's the BEST option for removing all chibi's from the game and I'm happy for it.

Also, are you certain it's meant to work with New Threat? New Threat is meant to be a stand alone .exe mod from what I have been following, and why I don't use it includes the fact that it requires a change in the .exe which some mods I use alter already..

Found 2 other bug:

With your flevel the ancient's key in dio showroom is a save "?" icon (the model used in flevel is not the good one)
With your models i can't get the dialogs to show up in this game's part (dialogs are ok with the same flevel and with regular models, if i edit the char.lgp to put regular models for this field, the dialogs show again but i cant spot out why):

Thanks !

:/ Hmm, I'm still learning .lgp work, but I absolutely want that working too, hope it can be solved..
« Last Edit: 2019-05-13 06:56:28 by tracido »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2019-05-13 08:19:55 »
Found 2 other bug:

Thanks !

Not sure what is causing the bug in the temple but someone has reported it a while ago in connection with NT.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #714 on: 2019-05-13 09:29:39 »
Same bug with french vanilla files and your char, don't know why

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #715 on: 2019-05-13 20:11:18 »
I found a way to sort of correct this bug.
It's the transparency of the main characters witch bugs.
If i remove in flevel the line witch set up transparency of the models or disable the line witch show the models, the dialogs are back.

So the dialog don't show up if one of the main character show up with transparancy set on in flevel
Maybe with this you can found i way to correct your models

Thanks

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #716 on: 2019-06-06 19:11:04 »
Hi Kaldarasha!

Are there any left missing model for R06 to be redone?

I really enjoyed how you clean the big potatoes of Shinra... so much better! Will the other models share the same fate?

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2019-06-12 21:55:21 »
Firstly, great work, this new models look amazing.

I've got 2 questions:

1) is there any gameplay video where this mode is used in its last release? If yes, where?
2) is this mod compatible with Remako 1.0 and New Thread 1.5 using 7Heaven? If it is, do I need to follow any particular procedure or order when applying these mods?

Thanks

Hot_Sauce

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2019-07-17 13:09:01 »
Not sure if this is the right place for this so sorry in advanced if its wrong.

But found a small bug with this mod ( I think) Young cloud model doesn't show up inside shinra mansion during the flashback. Instead your currently equipped cloud (with dynamic cloud mod) shows up. Not a huge deal just thought I'd bring awareness.

Cheers

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2019-07-19 15:32:08 »
I hope I can work in September on the models again. My real life takes me pretty busy.

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2019-07-20 07:52:50 »
I like the models and have been using them without issue for the most part (the versions installed from Reunion), but I had a question about the dynamic weapons for Cloud. Is it possible to use it without 7H? I unpacked the iro and looked at the files but couldn't figure out how it worked. I tried copying the mythril saber as a test along with the base buster sword, and while the mythril saber shows up, the weapon shown doesn't change when I switch to Buster because the files in char.lpg that determine what's shown are all named the same for each weapon and get overwritten.

The reason I don't use 7H is you can't start the game from a shortcut that way and thus, can't run the game in steam that way. So if there's a way to use the dynamic weapons without using 7H, I hope you can help me with it. Thanks!

Hyperthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2019-07-20 14:36:14 »
Is it possible to get the resized models with the LGP installer? I know its an option in the 7H but I'm not really a fan of 7H and want to go back to using your models with the Steam version, but upsized.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2019-10-13 17:59:50 »
I do a few model updates for R06. ATM I have done a better model for Rufus and a much better model for Tseng is in the pipeline. When I have done Tseng, I hurry to make a classic Cait Sith version.

@ Hyperthesis Sorry for the late reply, but it's not possible without 7H.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-13 18:02:23 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2019-10-24 20:02:38 »
4. Edea has not the correct animation I made a new one which has to be edited into the game through MR.
5. The FatPilot use an animation from Cid and has his feed wrong changing the animation causes Cid to have in one scene (maybe more) to have wrong feed positions. Either he gets a new animation or you use a condition (I use in 7H scene ID plus game moment[though I have it always active but do exclude when the Cid use the animation]). The conditional is more elegant since it works for many other mods too.
6. These horse or lion like birds. Just a fix for the texture
8. Should be darker now
9 CMDE is on the way, strange thing is that Kimera didn't have shown me it in its listing. What's GLDE I can't find it.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2019-10-26 22:33:49 »
6. The griffins have transparent feathers which is not as on psx. This texture issue is also true for other models like Rufus, Dyne and Proud Clod. I mostly fixed this.