Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000698 times)

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #825 on: 2013-01-09 07:21:36 »
Important: Codec Crash Fixed

The problem was on qjpcodec4.dll compression. I have tested BC with the uncompressed codec and it's opening the file correctly.

I have updated the windows package (the only OS affected, since is a dll...) and you can download it now from sourceforge.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-09 07:23:09 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

IanR

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2013-01-11 20:24:59 »
Yes, works a treat now thanks.

Dirtie

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2013-01-19 07:35:09 »
Hi there. I recently bought the FF7 re-release but while playing I realized just slightly too late that I had missed the Leviathan scales at the submarine dock (even though I got the other miss-able items). So I came across this program, edited my save to have the scales (they show up under key items in my inventory ingame), which is great. However I still get the "Can't go through here" message when attempting to pass the flames at Wutai. I assume the game sets another flag/variable when the scales are obtained properly. I also tried changing the save location (using my earliest save which was just after I had boarded the sub) except when I go back into the submarine dock room the red sub is back again and there is only one uninteractable chest that I can see.

Is there any way I can make it so I can pass the flames? I know how to use cheat engine so even a memory address would be helpful if Black Chocobo can't do it.
Otherwise, does anyone have a save file where I can redo the underwater reactor quest (or at least the part just before the boss) so I can figure it out myself?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edit: figured it out with the help of Black Chocobo's "advanced mode" and some judicious save file comparison: the last bit (ie. in binary) of the z_38:153 variable has to be set to 1 rather than 0.
Also I don't know the meaning of the SLOT variables but additionally SLOT:1031 should be the same value, however I only changed z_38:153 and I was able to put out the flames - after I saved ingame then rechecked it in Black Chocobo, SLOT:1031 updated itself to the new value anyway (they're probably the same address right?).

So yeah just as a suggestion for future versions, you should probably set this bit when someone adds the Leviathan scales to their inventory because this is what the game does when you open the chest. At the moment Black Chocobo just changes SLOT:0BE9 which makes the key item appear in your inventory (as it should) but doesn't actually have any effect otherwise as I originally described.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-19 11:54:34 by Dirtie »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #828 on: 2013-01-19 15:09:19 »
Recived this Pm this morning..

Hello there. I am very impressed with Black Chocobo. There is just one problem that I face. I am currently playing FF7 on the ePSXe. I can load the file into Black Chocobo, but I am having trouble trying to save. I am able to save it back into .mcr, but when I load the file I don't see the changes I made. Please guide me. Thanks.

@temp i think you need to run BC as administrator.

@Dirtie, well i am glad that you have found where that switch is located. i will add it as an option.  Just so you know the key itemlist (you see in inventory) is not always checked by the field script as the check of if you have any given keyitem , it might check that you have the key item or that another flag was set elsewhere (or both). if you would like to see how the save is set up you can view the savemap wiki on  the black chocobo web page. when you view it you will see that there is a lot still unknown. but i am currently working on getting the field item varibles discovered so you "should" be able to set any item on the field as picked up or not. when this is completed if you click an item on the field it will be added to your keyitems.as a result the key item  editing maybe completely moved to this new section and just become part of it.

Dirtie

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2013-01-19 22:30:15 »
Thanks for the explanation, I'm glad I was able to be some small amount of help. I just wanted to play the game without missing that cave haha.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2013-01-19 23:10:07 »
In short, the key items shown in the menu are only there for display, and not actually saved at that same place. A field variable is set instead.

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2013-01-19 23:51:53 »
From what I gather, each key item in the menu is attached to a bit, however they often use /another/ bit for figuring out whether the player has obtained it or not. They could use the key item in most circumstances, but they don't.

I'm fairly sure that's how it is.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2013-02-25 07:50:13 »
Does this hav the G-Bike hi score added?  If not, I can find it for you.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #833 on: 2013-02-25 23:08:11 »
Does this hav the G-Bike hi score added?  If not, I can find it for you.
Sure Does.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2013-02-26 07:05:06 »
Was it me that researched it for you?  I have a weird sense of deja vu   :-o  :-D

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #835 on: 2013-02-26 21:50:06 »
Was it me that researched it for you?  I have a weird sense of deja vu   :-o  :-D
Yes this feature was for 1.9.7 iirc. i have mostly just progression stuff left. I'm on "vacation" from discovery as im thinking about how best to add some new deploy targets.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2013-02-27 06:40:19 »
Ah yes!  I've updated.  I remember now....  ;D

Axel

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2013-02-28 05:36:20 »
Hi, was hoping for some help here. I have the PSN version of FF7 on my PSP 6.60 with CFW PRO B9 installed, and I followed the workaround to be able to play edited FF7 game files on the PSP, did everything entirely as instructed and stuck at the last bit. The saved game is in my memory card utility in the PS button menu but when I select "Continue?" and it doesn't show up in either Slot 1 or Slot 2. Just wondering how I can get it to work now, everything else in the workaround instructions worked.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #838 on: 2013-02-28 15:56:44 »
be sure that you are also selecting the correct memory card to be used with FF7. i don't use a psp for this so i can't help you much more then pointing you to the FAQ again. perhaps another user can point you in the correct direction if this is not helping.

XaNero

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 2013-03-11 00:16:32 »
Hello, I have a little question;
Can this program be used if you have bought the newer release of FFVII for PC from the official homepage? If so.. how? :o

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #840 on: 2013-03-11 00:52:05 »
you simply edit your saves. Black chocobo will autodetect the metadata.xml file that the new version creates and if the file is present it will be updated automaticly when you save you edited file.if you have Not made any save yet, it will be easest to have the game create the save at a save point since this will create the metadata.xml file so signing can happen correctly. this will work only if FF7 is not Open when you try to edit the save.

XaNero

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2013-03-11 09:01:00 »
thing is that when I try to edit my save files, I see the change in my saves folder and in the metadata file, but when I go to launch the game my saves that I have edited still gets reset. :/

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #842 on: 2013-03-11 22:45:20 »
be sure you have the correct user ID. we have had people test this it does work.

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2013-03-27 12:44:32 »
Why, in initial equipment of Cid he has spear with one slot only, but in the game spear has four slots? Aeris guard stick has two slots, but in the game only one slot. is it just in my Black Chocobo?
Most of gme memory card formats not supported, program says failed to load file. this will be fixed?
(sorry for my english)
« Last Edit: 2013-03-28 01:16:55 by Raziel80 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #844 on: 2013-03-27 19:43:58 »
Why, in initial equipment of Cid he has spear with one slot only, but in the game spear has four slots? Aeris gurd stick has two slots, but in the game only one slot. is it just in my Black Chocobo?
Most of gme memory card formats not supported, program says failed to load file. this will be fixed?
(sorry for my english)

Gme Support should work just fine. most emulators use a "standard" flat image of the memory card

i will double check the materia slots they should be correct.

Edit:
The following Materia Slots were corrected :

Atomic Scissors  (extra link)
Yellow M.Phone (extra link)
ShotGun (extra link)
Guard Stick (extra slot and link)
Mythril Staff (extra slot)
Spear (missing 3 slots and 2 links)
« Last Edit: 2013-03-27 23:04:12 by sithlord48 »

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2013-03-28 02:33:55 »
Noticed another small mistake: armor Precious Watch has AP:x0 dex +30 spi + 20, in game Precious Watch has AP:x1 without stat increases;
 Chocobracelet AP:x0, in game AP:x1 with dex +30 luck + 20.
 Accessories: Safety Bit protects status D.Sentence too with three others , but the game does not show it.
 Peace Ring Protects against [Berserk/Fury/Sadness/and Confusion too].
And thank you for your program.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #846 on: 2013-03-28 05:09:33 »
Those are now fixed. i have also for 1.9.8 checked (and corrected where needed) the equipment stat info angist the stock kernel using walmarket.

for your GME file issue, are you attempting to load a file into black chocobo and you get this error or after saving a gme file you have edited or while attempting to export a gme save or something else completely?

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2013-03-28 11:36:11 »
When load a file into black chocobo and get failed to load file. Found bypass, when resave GME with Memory Card tool.
After this Black Chocobo open/load GME very well.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-28 11:47:01 by Raziel80 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #848 on: 2013-03-28 14:11:25 »
is your initial GME corrupted? it sounds like it . where are they coming from ?

Raziel80

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2013-03-29 01:50:51 »
corrupted? I don't know, but all gme memory cards works with emulator. they are from game faqs, if I remember correctly.