Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391070 times)

UtterNoob

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.0)
« Reply #425 on: 2020-06-29 12:03:44 »
I’m whining because the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I’m not the only one who has this issue. It’s been a persistent problem for 6 years based on the information I have read to try and solve the isssue before coming here....

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #426 on: 2020-06-29 13:25:50 »
Ok, and if I have done that and it still doesn’t work acknowledge them?

I made the folder called save in final fantasy, in common.

7th still doesn’t acknowledge them...

7H? 7H literally has nothing to do with your save game files. This is a matter of 2 different versions of the game storing/looking for save data in different folders and you need to move/copy said data for use with the other version.

I'm going to throw this out there and guess you are probably in the wrong folder. You have not posted your full folder path. So if you're under \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save\ that's incorrect. The modded game doesn't run under Program Files. If your Steam library is somewhere else, outside of a system folder, then that's fine. If you installed under Program Files, your game would have been copied to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII which you would have been notified of and acknowledged.

If that's not the issue, for now, I would suggest going into the Qhimm Discord and ask for help there and post some screenshots of your folders or screen share so you can be helped better and more in real-time.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-29 13:29:06 by unab0mb »

UtterNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2020-06-29 13:43:20 »
It’s done! That was it!

Thanks for your patience

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2 BETA)
« Reply #428 on: 2020-07-01 05:14:33 »
7th Heaven 2.2.1.486 BETA is out now if anyone would like to test it. Please provide bugs/feedback here or in the Qhimm or Tsunamods Discords.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2020-07-01 09:42:38 »
Im testing with spanish language ,first problem that i have is that i cant import .IRO mods O_o
I cant select the file to import , and if i push "Aceptar" or "Ok" the program return me an error message because i didnt select a .iro file :/

EDIT: In English language ,it doesnt happen
« Last Edit: 2020-07-01 09:45:45 by markul »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #430 on: 2020-07-01 10:23:05 »
Thanks for the bug report. We'll need to resize the window to accommodate for the longer text pushing the tabs down. For now, you can do 2 workarounds:
1) Open the Import window and press TAB 3 times, then spacebar to open the "browse for IRO" dialog.
2) Just double-click an IRO file to import it into 7H (if your "open mod files with 7H" option is turned on under Settings>General Settings).

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2020-07-01 14:29:32 »
newest Edge browser flagged this as a PUP
dunno why, since it's clearly safe but i thought i'd let ya'll know :)
great job btw!
EDIT: windows did as well
« Last Edit: 2020-07-01 14:38:44 by TheOmegaFactor »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #432 on: 2020-07-01 14:45:06 »
Yeah, many of the devs around here are pretty annoyed by all of these programs/Windows always chirping over nothing. It's just a money-making scheme to get you to spend hundreds of dollars every year to force you to digitally sign everything. That's ridiculous for most average FOSS folks.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2020-07-01 15:05:00 »
risky detection in browsers basically works if new from unknown vendor, then flag it.

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2020-07-03 16:18:06 »
Hello, people. This might have been already reported, so in case it has, sorry for the inconvenience.

I was running FF7 with mods on 7th Heaven 2.0 and it worked. However, you know, I prefer using DPad. Then I learnt that Beta Version 2.2 has support for DPad, so I upgraded (just installing it over old 2.0 as suggested), and now the game does not run at all. I get this error code when I try to start a New Game.

I added saved games to the 10 slots, but it didn't help. It might be related to the beta status of the version...

Here is my load order:

Also, my copy of the game is a legit Steam one. Any ideas? Should I revert to 2.0? And if so, can I do it just installing again over the 2.2 version, or should I delete the 2.2 before and then install 2.0 from scratch?

Thank you, people. Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: 2020-07-03 16:19:58 by Dalkil »

L@Zar0

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2020-07-04 09:44:11 »
Hello, people. This might have been already reported, so in case it has, sorry for the inconvenience.

I was running FF7 with mods on 7th Heaven 2.0 and it worked. However, you know, I prefer using DPad. Then I learnt that Beta Version 2.2 has support for DPad, so I upgraded (just installing it over old 2.0 as suggested), and now the game does not run at all. I get this error code when I try to start a New Game.

I added saved games to the 10 slots, but it didn't help. It might be related to the beta status of the version...

Here is my load order:

Also, my copy of the game is a legit Steam one. Any ideas? Should I revert to 2.0? And if so, can I do it just installing again over the 2.2 version, or should I delete the 2.2 before and then install 2.0 from scratch?

Thank you, people. Have a nice day!
I was having this issue also testing 2.2 BETA, and after checking some of the mods, I saw that disabling Animations 3.0 solved the problem. Try this.

Dalkil

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2020-07-04 19:19:32 »
I was having this issue also testing 2.2 BETA, and after checking some of the mods, I saw that disabling Animations 3.0 solved the problem. Try this.

Oh, gods! You did it! Thank you very much. It was Animations 3.0.  ;D I owe you one. ^^

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2020-07-04 21:35:12 »
Actually you CAN keep it on, but you have to set battles to 15 FPS in the mod options.

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #438 on: 2020-07-05 12:05:33 »
tried the beta. i just keeps crashing.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #439 on: 2020-07-05 13:00:34 »
tried the beta. i just keeps crashing.

That's not helpful at all. Did you read the last few posts? The front page/first post? What is crashing, and when? Logs? Turn off all your mods? What's your FFNx config? I'm going to assume it's the animation mod and you didn't read anything otherwise.

Dreamdrops

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2020-07-05 14:09:53 »
Hello new to this thing about modding, using 7th heaven, but some mods like new threat and lvl1 party mods won't finish downloading is this normal or is there something I'm unaware of? the no mouth mod did download and install though.

L@Zar0

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2020-07-05 21:03:21 »
Hi,

I'm not sure if I should make the question here, but I have some doubts with the new localization features that 2.2 BETA has.

a.) This features include translations (somehow, like hext format) of the english ff7.exe that comes with 7H? I ask this because when using localized ff7.exe (spanish for example), it is overwritten by the one that comes with 7H, and I have in-game menus in english again. Using FF7 1998 with update 1.02.

a1.) How can I know which menu_?? is using the game? I have menu_us.lgp and menu_sp.lgp, but I assume that is using the english one.

b.) Will there be any improvement to make localizations an easy task in mods like Gameplay 3.0 (which I like a lot) to permit KERNEL.bin, flevel.lgp and another places to get external strings? Again, if a mod is updated or has a bunch of this files, make the translation of them would be a headache for the translators.

For now these are my questions, I know that this is very relative to have as features because 7H is focused for English versions, but well, you are doing an amazing work.

Thanks in advance.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #442 on: 2020-07-06 04:08:06 »
a.) This features include translations (somehow, like hext format) of the english ff7.exe that comes with 7H? I ask this because when using localized ff7.exe (spanish for example), it is overwritten by the one that comes with 7H, and I have in-game menus in english again. Using FF7 1998 with update 1.02.

a1.) How can I know which menu_?? is using the game? I have menu_us.lgp and menu_sp.lgp, but I assume that is using the english one.

b.) Will there be any improvement to make localizations an easy task in mods like Gameplay 3.0 (which I like a lot) to permit KERNEL.bin, flevel.lgp and another places to get external strings? Again, if a mod is updated or has a bunch of this files, make the translation of them would be a headache for the translators.
The EXE remains in English and should always be ff7.exe (this exe is customized as well--for Large Address Aware support and Windows DEP support which can improve stability and mod support--do not replace it). You can use your own custom alternate-language EXE if you wish, just name it something like mycustom.exe and select it in your 7H>General Settings. But also know that mods may not work at all or won't work correctly because offsets are different between the EXEs. Most mods, and everything in the catalog, target the English EXE. FFNx and 7H both support hext, so if you want to drop a translation hext under your ff7\hext\ folder for FFNx or drop one in a \hext\ folder inside of an IRO for 7H, you're welcome to. If using an English EXE, of course the files it looks for will also be the English versions (like flevel.lgp). Different hexts for other languages may or may not be something that could be added in a future update.

Hello new to this thing about modding, using 7th heaven, but some mods like new threat and lvl1 party mods won't finish downloading is this normal or is there something I'm unaware of? the no mouth mod did download and install though.
If anything fails to download, you can see why in the log. Easiest way to bring that up is to click the status/info bar at the bottom of the main 7H window. My guess is a 404 error (file not found) or a quota exceeded error. The mod authors are in control of their own catalogs and must maintain them Reach out to the author of the mod that is not downloading to see if they can fix it or offer an alternate download link. http://7thheaven.rocks/help/troubleshooting.html#dltrouble

L@Zar0

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2020-07-06 12:17:20 »
The EXE remains in English and should always be ff7.exe (this exe is customized as well--for Large Address Aware support and Windows DEP support which can improve stability and mod support--do not replace it). You can use your own custom alternate-language EXE if you wish, just name it something like mycustom.exe and select it in your 7H>General Settings. But also know that mods may not work at all or won't work correctly because offsets are different between the EXEs. Most mods, and everything in the catalog, target the English EXE. FFNx and 7H both support hext, so if you want to drop a translation hext under your ff7\hext\ folder for FFNx or drop one in a \hext\ folder inside of an IRO for 7H, you're welcome to. If using an English EXE, of course the files it looks for will also be the English versions (like flevel.lgp). Different hexts for other languages may or may not be something that could be added in a future update.
You've said what I was thinking. So, the people only has the option to play with its localized version using a generic/global hext file with the translation for its language. I understand it, because some changes that are being doing in some mods to the EXE file touch the offsets (which will not work in localized EXEs). But then, ¿why there is the option of "\hext\ff7\en" or "\hext\ff7\es" or "\hext\ff7\it"...? I said this because if I do (in fact I'm doing) the hext file with the translated lines of the English EXE, I must put the hext text file inside the "\en" folder (not the "\es" folder as supposed), if not, it does not works.

I'm doing the spanish translation in hext format for the English EXE that comes with 7th and I'm using the menu_us.lgp (which it seems to have the font and characters for spanish). I'm not sure what will happen with the remaining special chars of the fonts in other languages. There is not either an option to choose the fonts, must be used mandatory the english ones.

This would be the main menu (I have by far more lines, of course, but I have not finished it yet). I have to do this at hand checking the EXE in hexa because the hext tools are not available... :( I'm not sure if there is a method more easy to use...

Spoiler: show

############################################################
################      MAIN MENU SECTION      ################
# 0x5192C0

# /BJETO
91A8C0 = 2F 42 4A 45 54 4F FF

# -AGIA
91A8D4 = 2D 41 47 49 41 FF

# -ATERIA
91A8E8 = 2D 41 54 45 52 49 41 FF

# %QUIPO
91A8FC = 25 51 55 49 50 4F FF

# %STADO
91A910 = 25 53 54 41 44 4F FF

# /RDEN
91A924 = 2F 52 44 45 4E FF

# ,IMITE
91A938 = 2C 72 4D 49 54 45 FF

# #ONFIG (Not needed in SPA)
# 91A94E = 23 4F 4E 46 49 47 FF

# 'UARDAR
91A974 = 27 55 41 52 44 41 52 FF

# 3ALIR
91A988 = 33 41 4C 49 52 FF

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #444 on: 2020-07-06 13:30:57 »
But then, ¿why there is the option of "\hext\ff7\en" or "\hext\ff7\es" or "\hext\ff7\it"...? I said this because if I do (in fact I'm doing) the hext file with the translated lines of the English EXE, I must put the hext text file inside the "\en" folder (not the "\es" folder as supposed), if not, it does not works.

I'm doing the spanish translation in hext format for the English EXE that comes with 7th and I'm using the menu_us.lgp (which it seems to have the font and characters for spanish). I'm not sure what will happen with the remaining special chars of the fonts in other languages. There is not either an option to choose the fonts, must be used mandatory the english ones.
As far as 7H is concerned, there is not an option for \hext\ff7\es (or any other language) by default. There is only \en\ because 7H uses the English EXE. The other subfolders for other languages are part of FFNx, but they are not included w/ 7H because they are intended for vanilla versions of other language game installs. That is because you can use FFNx as your game driver even without 7H, with other language EXEs and even for Steam. But if you do that, you miss out on the 7H features. But again, as far as 7H is concerned, running the game w/ 7H is only going to run the English exe (unless you specify a different one as explained in my last post) so only the \en folder is relevant. FFNx will detect what exe you're running on game launch, so if you're using an ES exe, it will load the hext under the \es\ folder.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2020-07-06 13:55:57 »

This would be the main menu (I have by far more lines, of course, but I have not finished it yet). I have to do this at hand checking the EXE in hexa because the hext tools are not available... :( I'm not sure if there is a method more easy to use...

Spoiler: show

################      MAIN MENU SECTION      ################
# 0x5192C0

# /BJETO
91A8C0 = 2F 42 4A 45 54 4F FF

# -AGIA
91A8D4 = 2D 41 47 49 41 FF

# -ATERIA
91A8E8 = 2D 41 54 45 52 49 41 FF

# %QUIPO
91A8FC = 25 51 55 49 50 4F FF

# %STADO
91A910 = 25 53 54 41 44 4F FF

# /RDEN
91A924 = 2F 52 44 45 4E FF

# ,IMITE
91A938 = 2C 72 4D 49 54 45 FF

# #ONFIG (Not needed in SPA)
# 91A94E = 23 4F 4E 46 49 47 FF

# 'UARDAR
91A974 = 27 55 41 52 44 41 52 FF

# 3ALIR
91A988 = 33 41 4C 49 52 FF

You could translate the 7th heaven ff7.exe to spanish with TouphScript, then use HexCompare to check the changes between your ff7.exe and the original ff7.exe, finally you could make a little program script to read the file from hexCompare and modify the Hext address of every line to adapt it to 7th heaven .Thats the way of how i did it and didnt take too much time.
Oh ,now i see why did you say that the tools are not available ,sorry O_o
« Last Edit: 2020-07-06 14:03:44 by markul »

L@Zar0

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2020-07-06 14:33:29 »
You could translate the 7th heaven ff7.exe to spanish with TouphScript, then use HexCompare to check the changes between your ff7.exe and the original ff7.exe, finally you could make a little program script to read the file from hexCompare and modify the Hext address of every line to adapt it to 7th heaven .Thats the way of how i did it and didnt take too much time.
Oh ,now i see why did you say that the tools are not available ,sorry O_o
Well, this was another option I had. I downloaded the touphScript source code (the original compiled did not work well for me) and compiled it with MSVC 2015 (which at the beginning it was not possible because of the old functions/procedures used). But after some updating I have the x64 touphScript version for Win10, it reconizes also the WoW6432 registry entry of FFVII and I could dump the English ff7.exe which comes with 7H.

But I like more the idea of using hext format (although it is a bit more harder to transcribe) because I don't like much to change original files if possible. Apart of this, if 7H replaces de exe every time you run it, I should make changes in the 7H method of work, and I think it is not a good idea.

But this is only my first part of the issues. The second part (change KERNEL, flevel, etc...) for each mod seems to be far more complicated than it seems. 7H permits somehow "override" (I have not clear the use of the override folder) ONLY the files that will be translated?

Apart, I've been looking the WallMarket tool (for KERNEL/KERNEL2/etc...) and makou reactor/lgptools (for flevel.lgp and others), but I'm not sure if I can export the texts and import them again in another KERNEL.bin/*.lgp file... but this is out of this topic I think.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #447 on: 2020-07-06 14:37:43 »
DLPB's hext tools are available on his web site's download page at http://ff7.live .

Edit: Also, you don't need to change the flevel, kernels, etc. Those are already translated if you install a different language of the game. 7H 2.2 BETA supports the other languages and renames the files for you for use w/ 7H's English exe. The only thing you should need to worry about is hext for the exe. The font map textures are editable as well.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-06 14:42:26 by unab0mb »

L@Zar0

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2020-07-06 16:14:42 »
Thanks for the link to the tools. The older link does not seem to work. Let's see if they will be of help. :)

About KERNEL, flevel.lgp, etc..., I was not referring to the original/updated localized versions of the game. I was referring to the ones included in the mods. Like Gameplay 3.0, it uses its own KERNEL/flevel/etc... files. I assume that for some modding there are changes in this files, aren't they? But they have the texts in English... so, this should be translated.

If not, then there is no need to worry about KERNEL/*.lgp files... and I will dedicate the time to translate the .EXE in hext. If the other things are not translatable in easy manner... well... I have not the time for doing all the translation... xD
« Last Edit: 2020-07-06 16:17:18 by L@Zar0 »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #449 on: 2020-07-06 16:50:16 »
That would be a huge undertaking and I'm not sure there's much demand for it. You'd need to work with EQ2Alyza on updating/integrating all of that into the Qhimm 3.0 Catalog mods.