Author Topic: [FF7PC] Mike's custom models  (Read 180499 times)

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
Re: [WIP] Mike's custom models
« Reply #25 on: 2010-08-08 13:26:37 »
very nice mike!!! ;) ;) ;)

Mike.S.N_310-X

• The Last Love Dream
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22 03:09:36 by Mike.S.N_310-X »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-08-09 13:16:48 »
Maybe feather's around the sword? I don't know what sword you are talking about but for the buster sword that will look good(my opinion). Although its fine as it is and I love it. :)

ZL325

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-08-09 15:11:20 »
@ZL325: You have send PM to me but i can't rely it (Send report User 'ZL325' has blocked your personal message.)

okay sorry bout that, i must have changed my settings without knowing lol :P resend please

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-08-10 02:39:08 »
 Didn't know you want them THAT custom. Maybe some energy glow/lightning effect could look nice on some weapons, maybe green/blue on Ultima, purple on Masamune, some pink light to Aerith staff(to kill/blind emo's at sight with pinkness).

But I'm not sure about smoke/fire/feathers and such effects, wouldn't they move along with weapon model? I'm not sure about limits of what can be done on ff7 engine, but if they would move with model, then anything that "drops", burns, flies around that should react on wind or gravitation, would look somewhat out of the place/unnatural whenever a character moves the weapon. For example fire burning down, feathers flying up etc.. I'm sure it all could look nice, but is it really possible to make it look nice/as it should on FF7?O.O Never saw that weapons in FF7 could have any animation like that, how do you plan to make it? Got any already done examples for a show-off?

Mike.S.N_310-X

• The Last Love Dream
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22 03:25:44 by Mike.S.N_310-X »

Miseru

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Mike's custom models the last mod
« Reply #31 on: 2010-08-16 16:15:23 »
WoW over 1mb weapon model file O.O you didn't joke about that high poly. Don't have time to test it now, but all of that looks great:3. Additional save models, even phoenix summon O.O? Nice pack, thanks alot for your work and wish you good luck with getting to Uni:3.

ZL325

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-08-16 23:58:30 »
dude amazing nice work ima use it :)

old boss

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-08-17 06:14:21 »
first off mike this is an awesome mod and thank you for it a lot . but i have a small problem when i replace the old masamune with the new effect one you made and play the model is non-textured and just white , i just took the weapon model [ which is {sack} i renamed it to {rtck} because i'm using a sephiroth patch ] and not the whole battle model of sephiroth because am  using a sephiroth patch and don't want to ruin my game so is there a way to give cloud [now sephiroth in my game] the masamune with the effects without changing the character model [rtaa , rtab , etc,,,] ?

in short can i use the masamune with cloud [now sephiroth] without changing his battle model ? thanks for the great mod

EDIT: how can i use the blue limit break ? [i pasted the textures folder but nothing happend and i do have aali's drive and TAGO , do i have to tweak something in aali's drive to make it load the limit if so then how ?  ]  thanks a lot
« Last Edit: 2010-08-17 07:21:41 by old boss »

Mike.S.N_310-X

• The Last Love Dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-08-17 11:14:18 »
Non-texture: copy my battle hrc (??aa) or set your battle hrc numbers of texture to 10

I didn't use sephiroth patch so i dunno.

The blue limit break: Did you del jo_b03_00.ctx in cache folder? for blue limit rename jo_b03_001.png to jo_b03_00.png (del or move red limit jo_b03_00.png first)

Yeah! I not mod any more but i want to know this
How to create new battle with new battle scene (no replace old battle scene just add new)
I want create battle with this BOSS Jade Weapon
It incomplete and need to fix a lots.
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8656/011ur.png
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22 03:18:10 by Mike.S.N_310-X »

old boss

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-08-17 17:33:49 »
thanks mike the blue limit now works  ;D  however the weapons models still don't work  :'(  i have done what you said my model is already has 10 textures so it did not work  and i replaced my hrc file with yours but that messed up my sephiroth model it made him have to heads one is sephiroth and the other is cloud and now it looks hideous [thankfully i made a backup]   so can anyone help me here ? because those models looks just incredible and i want them . thanks

oh and if you want to know how to make new battles you should ask Gjoerulv he made an awesome mod that made the game very hard by adding new battles    . so he is the one to ask  this is his mod's topic : 

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6818.0

hope this helps

ff7master

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-08-17 22:34:24 »
excuse me mike, there is a way that I an install the swords without installing the black guys? thnx

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-08-18 00:41:42 »
You didn't read the 2 posts above your's?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-08-18 10:46:32 »
excuse me mike, there is a way that I an install the swords without installing the black guys? thnx
Just copy the sword files in the download. It is rtck to rtcz. Don't replace or copy the rtaa, rtao or any other since those files are the body parts of Cloud and those parts are the black guys in the mod.

Miseru

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-08-18 19:15:30 »
@nikfrozty sorry to say, but you are wrong:P "**aa" is in this pack couse it keeps info how many textures model uses, "**ac-**al" are the textures and "**da" defines them(don't remember that one for sure, I write from memory). Those models are textured, if you copy only ck-cz you'll get white weapons. Character model is example on Cloud rtam-rtbi. I still didn't tested it couse I'm doing something else, but looking at Cloud(effect) weapon rtac is "black box man" texture, then rtad-rtae are fillers, rtaf is sword texture and rtag is effect one. Soo just keeping own model files and it's textures + eventual texture ID's change if your model uses more than 3 textures is a way to get it without blocky black character models;P. Simple as that.

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-08-18 19:34:33 »
@nikfrozty sorry to say, but you are wrong:P "**aa" is in this pack couse it keeps info how many textures model uses, "**ac-**al" are the textures and "**da" defines them(don't remember that one for sure, I write from memory). Those models are textured, if you copy only ck-cz you'll get white weapons. Character model is example on Cloud rtam-rtbi. I still didn't tested it couse I'm doing something else, but looking at Cloud(effect) weapon rtac is "black box man" texture, then rtad-rtae are fillers, rtaf is sword texture and rtag is effect one. Soo just keeping own model files and it's textures + eventual texture ID's change if your model uses more than 3 textures is a way to get it without blocky black character models;P. Simple as that.

Tested it out just to make sure. I remember doing this yesterday and it turns Cloud black and white, though the sword does still remain, IF you have the "**aa" files in there.

EDIT: Saw that you don't really NEED to, but you can add the "**ae," "**af," and "**ag" files if you wish.

EDIT 2: Be careful with your Aerith and Sephiroth models, also (If you even care). You're going to have to manually set the amount of textures in "rvaa" and "saaa."
« Last Edit: 2010-08-18 20:27:24 by Clodus »

Miseru

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-08-18 22:51:44 »
 Clodus it's no point in quoting post direcly above yours:P, especially that it isn't much related. You get Cloud model black and white couse texture of "black box man" is black and white, my post wasn't mean to be an instruction how to deal with it, just correction which files have what and why you need them, or which you don't. Writing an instruction is fairy useless, as it depends on models someone already have and which versions of included in this pack want to use.

And for your text about: "**ae", "**af" and "**ag" files that also depends on the model, don't write like you mean something universal, after checking one model, it can confuse people later on. Those are textures, maybe they were empty/filler textures in model you checked, but for example in the included Cloud weapons with effects pack rtaf and rtag ARE weapon/effect textures. I find it hard to call a texture something "not needed" in namely textured weapon models:P.

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-08-19 04:04:13 »
Sorry, I tend to be very tedious about things... In any case, you're right that it IS the stickman's textures. Only problem, is that when I do replace the "**ac" and "**ad" files, it does turn my Cloud black and white, no textures, no nothin.

Also, if you read correctly (Not saying you didn't or trying to assume/bait you in any way), I said you "could if you wish." They aren't in the original battle.lgp, that's why I decided to I guess... Relieve something? Don't know, either way the point is that all you need to do is replace the weapon models and what not along with the "**aa" file. Only problem with replacing the Aerith and Sephiroth one is that when you do, they lose their hair extensions and skirt(?).

Mike.S.N_310-X

• The Last Love Dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-08-19 06:33:16 »
Sr for every thing. I forgot not all of people know how to edit all those. Of course if you are modder you already know all. My Aerith, Yuff and Seph hrc was removed some part unnecessary with stickman (i love Xiao Xiao very mcuh ^^) so it not work with original characters of FF7

How to change numbers of texture of battle hrc?
Use PCreator:
_Open any 3ds model -> Options -> Battle Model -> Open Battle HRC... -> set 10
Use Kimera:
_Texture Option -> Add texture
Use Hex Editor
_Open **aa count to 13 and set numbers of texture (max is 10 with battle)

Aerith:
_Weapon, Effect texture: 2 "rtaf"
_Weapon model: "rtck" -> "rtcz"
_Empty texture (black): 1 "rvad"
Just copy weapons model, texture

Cloud:
_Weapon texture: 3 "rtaf"
_Weapon model: "rtck", "rtcz"
_Effect texture: 4 "rtag"
_Empty texture (black): 1, 2 "rtad", "rtae"
Just copy weapons model, texture, effect texture and empty texture (not copy empty texture if you use  Millenia's custom models)
Won't work with APZ's buster and kula_wende's ragnarok
Open model with Kimera and save as siaa "Final Cloud (hi res)"

Yuffie:
_Empty texture (black): 1 "rxad"
_Weapons texture: 2 "rxae"
_Weapons model "rxck" -> "rxcz"
Just copy weapons model and texture

Sephiroth:
_Empty texture (black): 1, 2 "saad", "saae"
_Weapon texture: 3 "saaf"
_Weapon model: "sack"
_Effect texture: 4 "saam"
Just copy weapons model, texture, effect texture and empty texture "saae"

PS: I had to release my mod soon, so I didn't have enough time to fix all effect. It not nice 100% in my eye. If your model not work PM me your files I'll fix it and send back to you
« Last Edit: 2010-08-20 03:21:24 by Mike.S.N_310 »

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-08-19 07:19:29 »
Ooo... Pcreator isn't user-friendly with Windows 7... You sure you're willing to convert ALL of our hrc's? XD

Miseru

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-08-19 10:00:20 »
 Didn't get your answer or rather any meaning in it Clodus>.>, nevermind anyway as I only wanted to correct the confusing thing you wrote before;P Mike SN just confirmed why he put empty textures and listed every model needed textures. Oh and if you have problem with pccreator, use kimera as Mike already said.

@Mike SN don't be suprised if people spam you for help about anything ff7 related. xD

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-08-19 15:56:56 »
Ooo... Pcreator isn't user-friendly with Windows 7... You sure you're willing to convert ALL of our hrc's? XD
It works just fine with Windows 7

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-09-06 21:27:59 »
Wow, what a great project! Took me a while to install everything correctly but well worth it. Only one question, where do I get the death Penalty?

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-09-10 03:27:47 »
Only one question, where do I get the death Penalty?
And that Red 13? Where do I get that?
Don't quote images.  Especially not in this one where there are already 30 loading
« Last Edit: 2010-09-10 04:12:37 by athleticbear »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-09-10 13:24:47 »
Would anyone be a sweet and convert this mod to something more user friendly like just replacing weapon files or some install with check/uncheck on weapons instead of having to edit hex numbers? I really like some models from Mike over the ones from Millenia (buster sword, Ultima Weapon, Death Penalty are just perfect).

:|