Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)  (Read 342571 times)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: [RELEASE] FF7Music Installer
« Reply #50 on: 2010-09-25 01:45:25 »
I think that was an issue with an old version of Aali's driver, grab a newer build from the sticky that should be around here somewhere.

delpo

« Reply #51 on: 2010-09-25 02:36:27 »
Thanks, works perfectly now! :)

xarfax1105

« Reply #52 on: 2010-09-26 03:37:18 »
Hi, first of all thanks for the installer XD Now, on to the problem... Some songs don't seem to loop properly.. Haven't been able to pinpoint which ones though.. But can someone try and confirm if 08 - Cinco de chocobo.ogg loops right? it's the music that plays when you win a chocobo race while waiting for the other chocobos to finish xD

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-09-26 03:50:40 »
Cinco de chocobo doesn't play when you win a chocobo race, it plays when you're riding a chocobo on the field. And it looped fine for me when I tested it just now. The song you're probably thinking of is 13 - A Great Success.ogg, but that one looped properly too when I tested it.

However, I did not loop the songs in the first place, I only packaged them with my installer. If they don't loop properly, you should probably tell Sir_Awesome IIIin the thread where he released them to begin with.

xarfax1105

« Reply #54 on: 2010-09-26 03:55:11 »
lol sorry i just realized that i did post the wrong song xD hmmm i wonder what im doing wrong i didnt change anything from when i used your installer  :-\ just to be sure are you hearing the intro play when it loops?

iloveTSA

« Reply #55 on: 2010-09-26 09:45:00 »
First I'd like to thank everyone that's involved with this fine program.

I was just about to report that when riding a chocobo on the world map there's no music, at least not for me.
I figured it was a pathing problem so I double checked and guess what? I worked, loops etc!
Now I also can enjoy this mellow tune. So if you're having a similar problem try this out first..

For the record:
My OS is Windows XP Pro, with a Creative SB X-Fi Audio sound card.

And also sometimes the music doesn't play when it should, there's just dead silence.
But this is only during some small segments of the game so I haven't bothered.

And the music is almost always out of sync, for about ~1/2 sec, but everyone is experiencing this right?

Cheers
/iloveTSA

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-09-26 18:03:04 »
If you are getting delays before a song plays, you can try opening FF7Music from the start menu, going to the configuration for wave_out.dll, and reducing the buffer to something smaller, but I warn you that this increases the likelihood of crackling and popping in your music.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-09-26 18:13:52 »
If you are getting delays before a song plays, you can try opening FF7Music from the start menu, going to the configuration for wave_out.dll, and reducing the buffer to something smaller, but I warn you that this increases the likelihood of crackling and popping in your music.

Would this happen if you had a dedicated soundcard with RAM and processor built in? (Creative cards)

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010-09-26 18:50:55 »
Yes, it doesn't matter how "fast" your soundcard is, you still have to get the data there fast enough. The processor on those cards does fancy signal processing, it does not decode audio formats.

Bob Grammernatzi

« Reply #59 on: 2010-10-19 23:57:03 »
Problem here. I have installed FF7Music, but now when I change plugin settings, they don't change. Worse yet, when I switch the plugin, it just reverts to the default! I'm trying to get OGGs to play infinitely but instead they only loop twice and then fade.

Any solution?

Edit:

Just found out that it forces vgmstream.dll for oggs no matter what. Still, I can't change its settings. It just reverts back to default.

I just fixed it the hard way. I edited the hex values for the vgmstream dll and set the default number of loops to 999. Don't think I'll ever reach that number in-game to be noticeable, so I'm good.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-20 00:32:53 by Bob Grammernatzi »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-10-20 04:02:50 »
I'm well aware of the looping problems with vgmstream. I'll probably include a newer version in the next release of this installer (which should have that fixed), or I'll resort to hexediting like you did.

The reason it reverts to vgmstream for OGGs is because the other included plugins do not support OGGs. Additionally, other OGG plugins do not support looping.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-10-20 09:33:55 »
I'm well aware of the looping problems with vgmstream.

Huh? There is no looping problem.
If the setting are not saving, that means there is no 'plugins' folder.
Should have used my loop pack :P

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010-10-20 15:44:52 »
What what what? That's good to know. Certainly, vgmstream hasn't been looping with my installer for a bunch of people. I can have a fix by the end of the week, hopefully. While I'm at it, I'll see if I can find a way to set in_psf to default to infinite looping as well.

Bob Grammernatzi

« Reply #63 on: 2010-10-21 00:02:46 »
The new VGMStream still has the infinite looping problem, you fix it by making a plugins folder, as whoever programmed it was too lazy to make it autocreate one.

And making in_psf.dll default infinite loop is easy, just provide the default plugin.ini with ForceIndefinite set to 1.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-22 00:02:08 by Bob Grammernatzi »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010-10-21 06:27:18 »
The new VGMStream still has the infinite looping problem, I have the latest build.

I can provide you with my version that has 999 as the default number of loops.

And making in_psf.dll default infinite loop is easy, just provide the default plugin.ini with ForceIndefinite set to 1.

And, like he said, make the installer create a plugins folder.

Ok, I'm confused. Or you are confused. This is confusing. :P

I was talking about vgmstream, not psf.
As in, all you have to do to have vgmstream loop properly, is include a plugins folder, with a plugin.ini that has:

Code: [Select]
[vgmstream plugin]
loop_forever=1
« Last Edit: 2010-10-21 06:29:55 by Timber »

Bob Grammernatzi

« Reply #65 on: 2010-10-22 00:03:31 »

Ok, I'm confused. Or you are confused. This is confusing. :P

I was talking about vgmstream, not psf.
As in, all you have to do to have vgmstream loop properly, is include a plugins folder, with a plugin.ini that has:

Code: [Select]
[vgmstream plugin]
loop_forever=1
Partially my fault. I was telling him that his installer should probably create a plugins folder for vgmstream so people don't get confused. I was also telling him that he just has to provide a .ini with force indefinite for in_psf.dll in order to make it default. He could do the same thing with vgmstream, too, like you are saying, instead of just merely creating a plugins folder.

bartulata

« Reply #66 on: 2010-10-27 09:32:09 »
It does not work for me. I have installed everything that is needed (Final Fantasy VII PC Version, v1.02 Patch, Aali's Custom Graphics Driver v0.7.9b, and FF7Music v1.51.2). I've enabled the custom graphics driver and made sure that music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp in the ff7_opengl.cfg file doesn't have "#" at the start. Assuming that the default settings would work, I did not change any settings for FF7Music. I just ran it from the shortcut provided in the desktop.

Well, here's the problem. It opens up a command prompt, and UAC pops up twice (one for FF7Music, one for the game itself). I've selected "yes" to both, and the game runs as it should, but without any background music.

I checked this forum for the latest custom graphics driver and FF7Music, but just to be sure,

Aali's Custom Graphics Driver v0.7.9b
FF7Music v1.51.2

are the latest versions, am I correct?

I'm running on Windows 7 x64 OS. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed it. Turns out I was using a different sound driver. By the way, are the PSF BGMs the ones used in the PSX version of the game?
« Last Edit: 2010-10-27 11:23:52 by bartulata »

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #67 on: 2010-10-27 17:51:03 »
Great job on this installer!

Everything appears to be working fine for me.

However... when I attempt to use "out_burst.dll", which for "PowerFX Sound Enhancer 2" for Winamp, the game will be pushed to the background, with windows explorer in-front, and the music skips, repeating the first few seconds over and over. Any possible way for me to correct this?

Oh, and assuming this helps any:

Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio
« Last Edit: 2010-10-27 18:07:05 by Roxas »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010-10-27 19:30:34 »
I'm not familiar with that plugin, but the problems you're describing don't seem like something that can be fixed by reconfiguring FF7Music. It's probably a bug in the program itself (or possibly the plugin), either of which means I can't do anything about it.

bartulata

« Reply #69 on: 2010-11-04 12:34:42 »
I'd like to report some bugs. Am I allowed to post them here?

Anyway, are the PSF files the ones using in the PSX version of the game?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010-11-04 13:39:44 »
I'd like to report some bugs. Am I allowed to post them here?

Anyway, are the PSF files the ones using in the PSX version of the game?

PSF files are like midi, they were created along with the plugin to play them, in an attempt to replicate the sound hardware and software of the real playstation.

They are around 95% accurate to the original game.  You will probably not notice any differences. 

rokore1

No CD patches are not supported?!?!
« Reply #71 on: 2010-11-09 01:58:08 »
Hey guys,

First post... first day knowing there was an extensive mod community for my favorite game!

So I felt a bit nostalgic so I started looking up info on my favorite game. Come to find out, there's a whole mod community for it! My favorite of which is replacing the music, (I have all of the soundtracks, so I was going to go crazy). When I tried running FF7music the first time, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. Luckily I came across this fabulous installer. I installed it, and everything was sweet. However, when I go to run the game, it now tells me it can't run on no-cd versions?! I don't understand, was it updated or something?

Little help please.... The original cd is LONGGGG gone. I keep an installed version on a thumb drive.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #72 on: 2010-11-09 02:23:30 »
You NEED the cd's. well you COULD *cough* get a backup from the INTERNET and mount it but well..
you'll figure out how to do that on your own.

Good call on condoning piracy eventhough the rules here clearly state that we don't.  And by "we", I mean everyone here doesn't condone it.  So if you want to remain here, I suggest you don't encourage others to break the rules.  Warned.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-09 02:45:49 by obesebear »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010-11-14 23:47:29 »
What what what? That's good to know. Certainly, vgmstream hasn't been looping with my installer for a bunch of people. I can have a fix by the end of the week, hopefully. While I'm at it, I'll see if I can find a way to set in_psf to default to infinite looping as well.

Covarr, I was wondering if you fixed the looping forever not working issue yet. Don't wanna redownload the installer to find out it's not fixed :P

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010-11-15 00:00:04 »
I have not. It turns out, I have been too lazy to work on it. It really is only like twenty minutes of work, plus like two hours to upload it from my crappy internet connection.

When I have a new version, the first post will have a changelog so that you know it's been fixed. I guess I should get one up, if I want any chance of competing for those Forries.