Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FF7 OST Remastered - Looping OGGs(2010-09-04)(Missing Download)  (Read 78774 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
basically, every tune that has to end has a problem in your OST.

Walz, Fanfare and so on all end.  They do not loop.

PacGamer

basically, every tune that has to end has a problem in your OST.

Walz, Fanfare and so on all end.  They do not loop.
Yeah, you're right, this was the same issue with yado as well. I think I've tracked down the the problem now... instead of loopstart being deleted from the tags altogether like I had thought I did, a random space was added in, keeping it in place and looping. Went through again and removed this error from cannon, fanfare, jyro, mogu, riku, ro, roll, si, tb, walz.  Not sure what caused it.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22161911/FF7_OST_Remastered_Ogg_Fix_v4_zip

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Shit happens.  8)

trondhe

At the end of Cosmo Canyon, the sequence with seto, bugenhagen and nanaki, the sound gets stuck in a little 3 second loop at the end, and freezes the game.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Does it replace the remastered OST installed with Bootleg0039 ?

Gordon228

• View Profile
is there another mirror out there for this awesome pack as megaupload is dead and the rapidshare link well it's not on rapidshare anymore :(

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
There are google docs mirrors for most of the soundtrack files:
Final Fantasy VII Sound and Music

Gordon228

• View Profile
yes there is but the remastered looping had also files there witch made it compatible with FF7 music witch the V4 update did not have.

Edit: is there meant to be files missing like J-E-N-O-V-A aka comical?
« Last Edit: 2012-11-12 07:36:57 by Gordon228 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
J-E-N-O-V-A aka comical?

comical isn't used in the game.

xshobux

• View Profile
I'd also like to know if there is somewhere else to find the looping .ogg files since the remastered OST is very well done.

Whizzy

• View Profile
Hi Sir

As you might know, SE has released the new FFVII "port" on steam. Appearantly your installer does not work with steam so I made a selfextractor using your files for those on steam unable/willing to manually mod the game (lot of b1tching going on there about the music being the pc and not the psx version)

Now I noticed that Yado seemed to crash the game, reading a bit here (didn't read all though) I see it counts for more then one file.
Currently I am downloading the "fix" v4, are all files in there redone? or are there just a few files that need replaced (meaning, can I make a smaller "fix" file for steam or does everything need to be in there)

in the topic on steam I have of course given credits to you and FinalFanTim for doing the work on this. I am just a "humble messenger" in this. My thanks is great :)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Currently I am downloading the "fix" v4, are all files in there redone? or are there just a few files that need replaced (meaning, can I make a smaller "fix" file for steam or does everything need to be in there)
I link to this v4 fix by PacGamer on my HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE Release Page. I have personally tested them only so far as where you run through the church with Aeris. At which point it was clear the native .ogg support was fixing things that are off with ff7music. Then I went back to Aali's .11b driver. There has been some speculation that there may be problems with the music from the final battle with Sephiroth. Please let us know if you find some issues with any of them and perhaps I'll find a way to fix them.

To answer your specific question, I think all of those files need to be there and it is as small as it can be. PacGamer already removed the files that were unneeded, and these will simply not be overwritten.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-20 23:31:54 by Template »

Whizzy

• View Profile
Thanks for your reply. I haven't encountered any problems so far nor did I got any complaints from those that used the Selfex. with the Fix4 files
Currently also checking out the AH set to see what I like most personally, it's nice you people on here give us a choice and I thank you all for doing so :)

oj almost forgot
the link to the 32bit selfextractor is http://www.4shared.com/file/UQn-HkKW/ffvii_ost_remastered_steam_ver.html
the link to the 64bit extractor is http://www.4shared.com/file/mlb9U5ZJ/ffvii_ost_remastered_steam_ver.html
both of course contain the original Readme, they do come with an initial pop-up shortly explaining the setup and giving credits to those who deserve them.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 16:43:51 by Whizzy »

Sir Awesome III

• View Profile
Wow, hard to believe it's been 3 years since I posted this!  As you may have noticed, I don't check back on this forum very often.  Apologies for the dead links.  I've re-uploaded to rapidshare and google drive.

Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9KZiQsA9YXNNXM3cE1OT1RFS0E/edit?usp=sharing
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/share/D4A5FA370864EB3DE1C165870BE445EC

Just a reminder, the above is for the 1998 PC game only.  I believe Covarr's installer still works too, although I did not test it.

Thanks, PacGamer, for the 2012 version re-release!  Although... you did not credit me  :'(
Thanks, Whizzy, for the Steam version re-release!

I tried to add these links to my original post as well, but was unable to modify it, kept getting an error...
« Last Edit: 2013-09-15 17:40:59 by Sir Awesome III »