Author Topic: [FF7PSX] Final Fantasy VII: Revisited (Demo 1)(Download Missing)[DEAD]  (Read 66240 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] FFVII: Revisited (PSX)
« Reply #25 on: 2011-03-19 18:18:30 »
Maybe NFITC1? Well... Otherwise, LostWingx, for the materia menu... I think it is hardcoded in some MNU file (because it is in the ff7.exe on the PC version IIRC). And about the statues inflicting... 63 is 252% but I don't really know for all others. Just open some scene.bin with Proud Clod and check at the same place as in Wall Market... The percentages are there. I know they go up/down by 4% though. And yeah, all statues are inflicted at once or not at all. This is how the game works.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 2011-03-19 18:30:29 »
Heroes' Sacrifice - Diminishing Max HP would be great.  Would a look at Vincent's Transformations AI provide some insight on how to do this?

Afraid not. The status changes for transformations are hardcoded... somewhere. Perhaps in the LIMITMNU.MNU.

These switch on his Main AI script, which does nothing except randomly chooses one of his limit break attacks.

Let me look into it, and I might be able to write a rudimentary 'if hit by this, divide Max HP by that' script. Otherwise, use Wallmarket's help files plus the address list bundled with it to find out how to edit Max HP (assuming it's really doable).

Any idea if I can make Vitality Plus (replaced Speed Plus) and Spirit Plus (Replaced MP Plus) say 'Vit +10%' and 'Spr +10%' instead of 'Dex +10%' and 'MP +10%' in the materia menu?  I personally don't care much myself, but you've encouraged me to focus a bit more on some details I otherwise would have paid little attention to.

Yup. I can't remember the ID of the stat you have to modify, but if you extract the KERNEL from the Rebirth demo you should be able to find out.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #27 on: 2011-03-19 19:09:03 »
I was referring to this.  I have changed the ID already.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-03-19 19:10:15 »
This is what I meant. Hex-editing the MNUs is the only issue *I think*

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 2011-03-19 19:25:27 »
I was referring to this.  I have changed the ID already.

You misunderstand. I'm not telling you to rename your materia.

You change the stat altered by playing with the first materia modifier. For spirit, for instance, you'd set modifier 1 to equal 3. 3 is the ID of spirit in the stat table.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-03-19 19:46:44 »
I'm sorry, I should clarify.  What I am asking is, is there a way to change what is displayed when the materia is highlighted.  I have changed the value so that it increases Vitality and it does.  However, in the menu it still reads as if it increases Dexterity.  It doesn't still increase dexterity, but someone could read it and become confused.  I wanted to know if I can change what it says.  Thanks for your attention though.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-03-19 19:54:08 »
I can only assume one thing : It isn't in the kernel.bin so you'll have to hex-edit...

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 2011-03-19 20:08:47 »
Yes. I think those are strings in the EQIPMENU.MNU

These stat names begin at 0x82D4 and 0x8610 in the NTSC version of the file.

Here's a text dump:

Code: [Select]
Wpn.($FF)       Arm.($FF)       Acc.($FF)       
Acc.($FF)       Strength($FF)   Dexterity($FF) 
Vitality($FF)   Spirit($FF)     Magic($FF)     
Luck($FF)       Attack($FF)     Attack %($FF)   
Defense($FF)    Defense %($FF)  Magic atk($FF) 
Magic def($FF)  Magic def%($FF) Slot($FF)       
Growth($FF)     Nothing($FF)    Normal($FF)     
Double($FF)     Triple($FF)     ($FF)                   
($FF)    % ($6C)!X   ] ($6C)!8   q ($E6) T   ($7D)
($E6) ($60) ($E2) q ($8A) ($8C) Fire($FF)     
Ice($FF)      Lightning($FF)Earth($FF)   
Poison($FF)   Gravity($FF)  Water($FF)   
Wind($FF)     Holy($FF)       Do you really want to remove this?($FF)
I sure do!($FF)                         Wait a sec($FF)                         
Sephiroth($B2)($A9)($A9)($B3)($FF)                     
Wpn.($FF)               Arm.($FF)               
Ability list($FF)       Equip effect($FF)       
Check($FF)              Arrange($FF)
                                AP($FF)                 
To next level($FF)      MASTER($FF)             
Arrange($FF)            Exchange($FF)           
Remove all($FF)         Trash($FF)              ($FF)                   
Dexterity($FF)          Cover($FF)              Magic($FF)             
Luck($FF)               MASTER($FF)             Strength($FF)           
Vitality($FF)           Magic($FF)              Magic def($FF)         
Dexterity($FF)          Luck($FF)               MaxHP($FF)             
MaxMP($FF)              MaxHPUP($FF)            MaxMPUP($FF)           
EXP.UP($FF)             Gil UP($FF)             Encount Down($FF)       
Encount Up($FF)         Meet Chocobos($FF)      Pre-emptive($FF)       
Long range attack($FF)  Attack all($FF)         Counter attack($FF)     
Attack-All($FF)         Continuous Attack($FF)  HP MP change($FF)

I think those later strings are the materia effect descriptions.

If you want to hex edit these, you will find it easier if you use an editor that accepts custom text tables, like WindHex. Then you can feed it an FF7 text table .tbl, and it'll correctly convert the hex numbers into textual characters.

Edit:

Yup. In the NTSC version of the EQIPMENU.MNU, it's the string at 0x8610.

Observe:

« Last Edit: 2011-03-19 20:21:29 by Bosola »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-03-20 18:05:01 »
I see.  Thanks for that.  Well I'll throw this on the priority list, although it is placed near the bottom.  I have been eager to get to work on my scenes since the project began, but wanted to finish everything else first.  This little addition will make the mod a little cleaner.

Nice Yoshiyuki btw, 6 single slots seems appropriate (maybe, idk what your mod is like).  Nice Diamond Bangle too, I think mine looks like that.  A O=O (a Magic First, then Support kind of guy I see).
« Last Edit: 2011-03-21 03:25:53 by xLostWingx »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-03-21 20:19:54 »
Alrite, So I now have a rough outline of how I am going to go about getting this thing done.  Basically just like I've been saying, but for greater organization here it goes:

Kernel - Basically Done.  I need to play the game and test each item and spell, but eveything tested so far works just fine.  It required some compromises in the spell department, but most everything survived.

Shops - This is the next area to work on.  I started on the prices and tried to identify some of the shops simply known as [Shop 67 etc.] but, I haven't figured them all out.  Is there somewhere around here where someone has identified each of these?

Limit Breaks - I've practiced enough with Libre now that I think I can work on the Limit Breaks after I finish the shops.  I won't be making too many changes here, but I've switched around the order of some characters limits and will have to balance them accordingly.  I don't expect to make too many crazy changes, but its not out of the question.

Scenes - After I get the shops and Limit Breaks taken care of, I will start working on the scenes in Hojo and PrC.  This will take weeks.  I still need to do some further planning and preparation before I work on the scenes so that they roughly follow the curve that players will be on.  Also, I decided that I will have a seperate Disk 3 scene.bin - It will contain all the most ferocious enemies and they will be mega-powered.  If you decide to use the Disk 3 scene.bin as the scene.bin for all your discs, the game will quite simply be impossible.

Text - Once the scenes are taken care of, I will be able to make the apprpriate text changes.  I still plan to make NPCs communicate valuable information unique to Revisited.  Some NPCs will tell you about new spells and materia.  Others will tell you about new enemies and their locations.  And some may give you other tips and hints to make your journey more exciting and less challenging at certain points.

Miscellaneous - Once I have all of this taken care of, the game will basically be complete.  Hoever, there will still be some miscellaneous items to take care of.  I will try to smooth the game out, and fix certain details that could potentially be reasons for concern.

EDIT - When will this project be done?  Almost certainly in no less than 3 weeks.  Depending on how schoolwork goes and any unforseeable complications, it could be two or three times that amount of time.  If I choose to start playing with AI for a few things that need tweaking, it could potentially be even longer.  I will continue to update as I make progress, but patience is a virtue.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-21 20:22:35 by xLostWingx »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-03-21 21:24:36 »
These shops don't have any effect in-game... as far as I know. They all have the same items and the like, so... HOWEVER, you MUST download the whitechoco.cfg Armorvil did uplaod in the White Choco thread.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011-03-22 20:01:53 »
I got it earlier today and am glad to say that progress on the shops is coming along quickly and easily.  I should be done with the shopmenu.mnu today.
---------------------------------

Shops are finished.  Working on Limits.

EDIT:  I switched Barret's Level 1-2 Limit to Hammerblow (in Wallmarket, not Libre) and now the camera points at Barret the entire duration of the Animation and the Animation is performed on Barret, but the effects of the attack (Death) are performed on the enemy.  Every other Limit Break that I've switched Levels works perfectly fine.  Any insight would be appreciated.  I haven't altered the Hammerblow in any way, other than switching it to Limit Level 1-2
« Last Edit: 2011-03-23 05:33:26 by xLostWingx »

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011-03-23 21:34:51 »
hey just wanted to check to see if you got my PM reply because its not showing anything in my sent messages.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-03-23 23:08:25 »
I am working on providing a demo for download, but I have run into a problem.  I can patch single files easily, but for the Text Changes, there are dozens of files (eventually hundreds) that need to be patched.  I guess I'll go look around to see how others have patched the text, or if I can even do so on the PSX version.  Otherwise, I should be able to upload the patches for a demo today or tomorrow.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-03-23 23:21:05 »
Do you need help? :) Make a ppf patch!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-03-24 00:12:22 »
Untested, yeah... They don't even work!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-03-24 02:17:59 »

Forget about ppf patches. Use ClickTeam instead so all your changes will be included into our ISOs. Make sure to just use a fresh ISO NTSC US to compare with.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-03-24 04:34:03 »
Sorry again.  I was just trying to make them real quick without refamiliarizing myself with the patch maker software.  I will try the link you posted.
-------------------------------

Alrite, I figured out what my problem was.  I am testing the Demo version.  Once I make a few more changes I will upload a .zip with the .ppf patches - this will be like 1.6Mb but will not include the text changes.  Thanks to Vgr I have a way to make a patch that includes the text changes, but it is about 350 times the size.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-24 06:23:41 by xLostWingx »

HelloMyNameIs

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011-03-24 14:00:38 »
Hey great work, ive been reading this thread and checking out your youtube vids and it really is a neat change which will make playing through the game again, a lot more interesting, thank you for taking the time to work on a project like this. Just curious, im currently using a turk mod, i know this is for psx, but im sure i read someone will help you release for pc, is it possible to use this mod, along with the turks mod, for instance all the materia and all, but just the characters are swapped like in the turks mod?

Sorry if this is a noob question, im not the best at this sort of thing as you can see  :-D

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-03-24 21:31:57 »
To summarize, convert this to the PC version? Yes, I'll do that. The ONLY prob is within the text changes, but it's still doable.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-03-25 06:27:43 »
Alrite.  This IS a working set of patches for the demo.  Sorry to the 3 or 4 of you who tried using the ones from yesterday.  These ones work.

The demo includes:
*98% complete [KERNEL.bin patch]
*98% complete [SHOPMENU.mnu patch]
*90% complete [LIMTMENU.mnu patch]
*Scene changes up to the end of the second bombing mission [SCENE.bin patch]
*Text changes are not included

Final Fantasy VII:  Revisited Demo1 download
http://www.mediafire.com/?dlknk0ghdlgjktp
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I played through the demo and there are a few battles that aren't correct, but the scene.bin is the major work in progress right now, so these battles will obviously be fixed in the final version.  Other than some enemies being a little too powerful and some being a little too weak, but things are looking good.  The Boss battle that replaces Air Buster is actually pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-25 07:35:22 by xLostWingx »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-03-25 21:43:53 »
Do you think you'll use the ClickTeam patch maker for your final release?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-03-25 22:16:28 »
I may have to in order to include the text changes.  If anyone can let me know a method for patching the FIELD Folder without using a 530MB file, please let me know.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-03-25 22:45:44 »
This is the minimal since ClickTeam only patches the needed files so there can't be any cut-out. Sorry about that.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-03-27 07:58:31 »
Just figured I would update on what I've been doing.  After the demo, I started working on the scene a bit more systematically.

1.  Use PrC to set new formations data, camera info, attack data, and battle backgrounds.
2.  Use Hojo to set new stats, weaknesses, drops/steals, and double check backgrounds. 
3.  Test in-game; note what needs to be revised

I'm doing about 25 scenes at a time...a little risky for some of you, a little conservative for others.  I have completed everything in Midgar in Hojo.  In PrC I'm up to Mt. Corel.  In-game testing, I'm only to Wallmarket lol.