Author Topic: Monster Remodels!  (Read 28962 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Monster Remodels!
« Reply #25 on: 2015-11-19 11:11:43 »
I like that! Looking forward to the final result!  :)

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2015-11-22 15:48:18 »
These look incredible, I can't wait to see them ingame eventually. :)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2015-11-28 12:15:06 »
I am curious as to how many polys can be in a model in game without sacrificing performance. Almost everyones computer these days is leaps and bounds beyond the requirements for the game.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #28 on: 2015-11-28 22:51:24 »
Just a few thing I know about the model size issue. The models individual p files(not the entire model) are what have a limit, but Kimera will hit the limit before FF7.exe. I think the largest I've gotten into game is about 30k verts as a p file, but I had to skip kimera(pcreator only) to get really large files into game. Large textures are much more a problem than high poly models. So, in short you can get pretty stupid with the models vert count without a performance impact, but to many 24 or 32 bit textures at sizes over 2048x2048 will create game lag.

I would like to see these models with textures.

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2015-12-12 03:46:32 »
I'm currently working on the Guard Scorpion next. Its going to be a little more time consuming because I have less experience with hard surface sculpting.

The Berserker

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2015-12-17 12:21:11 »
awesome work can't wait to see the ultimate weapon my favorite :D

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2016-03-05 00:36:29 »
Hey Guys, I'm back. Been working a lot of our at my job but I decided to tough things out and crank out a new monster. Hope you guys like! as always a WIP

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2016-03-05 02:21:20 »
I like your style, nice interpretation

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2016-03-06 06:31:49 »

did some rescaling for Ultima weapon and worked to detail and sculpt out his head and shoulders. Also made minor tweaks to his wings and legs.. Looks a bit more faithful I believe to the original concept art though still maintaining a redesigned nuance.

jmp434

• https://www.paypal.me/jmp434
    • View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #34 on: 2016-03-09 19:44:36 »
Nice work! I'm about to start learning zbrush for creating 3D scene, afterwards, I hope to work on monsters also :)

AlaDoucheSG

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2016-04-20 16:40:47 »
Just wanted to say that these are awesome!  Are you doing texturing too or are you leaving that part to others?

Lein

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2016-04-26 21:28:33 »
Don't want to be rude but those models look like 20 min of work.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2016-04-29 05:44:33 »
Even if they are it's far better than what we have currently, so i don't see the problem. for that matter it would take me faaaarrrr longer than 20 minutes to get anything close to that.

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2016-05-30 22:26:29 »

Looks like a life time of works better than yours.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2016-06-06 19:20:57 »
Even if they are it's far better than what we have currently, so i don't see the problem. for that matter it would take me faaaarrrr longer than 20 minutes to get anything close to that.
Oh really? Show us what you can do in 20 minutes, then. ;)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2016-06-07 18:54:35 »
You could get a cube haha

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2016-06-07 22:28:32 »
There's a difference between constructive criticism and being a butt hole.

Ironically, the original models may have literally been made in 20 mins or less.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #42 on: 2016-06-08 16:40:16 »
With Zbrush and level of experience...you'd be surprised what you can do in just 20 mins lol. For me, I'd average your work so far around 2-3 hours, and the Ultimate Weapon closer to 4-5. They aren't polished and still have the zbrush "inflated" look, but these are great base sculpts to get the overall form of each creature, which if anything is more difficult than adding HD detail. Very impressive.

I'm curious, what's your process? Do you start out at low res and sculpt through the whole body and up the poly count as you go along and keep sculpting or do you tackle parts of the body one at a time?

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #43 on: 2016-06-23 12:51:11 »

Hi hi , first of all I wanted to congratulate you for this work with ZBrush . I modeled myself via sketchup 3ds blender ( not a pro) and try me with ZBrush in terms of organic modeling but I can not at all.
I train regularly but where the machine is not powerful enough or I can not seem to form objects as I wish . I did indeed save any project as I saw lol galley .
This is also why I come to you .
It there's several little thing I was wondering if it would be possible to you! On our favorite game , is the statue. I take the example DA Chao .. Many are present in Wutai . Do you think it would be possible to sculpt them to integrate in the scenes ? The best would be to create an animated character to be able to give the exact form to enter the layers .

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #44 on: 2016-06-23 22:00:31 »
zBrush can be used for environment assets as well as game characters, but the backgrounds have to be completed as a whole, and are imported much differently than game models. So the short answer is no, all of Wutai would have to be recreated as a whole.

jmp434

• View Profile
    • Make a donation
« Reply #45 on: 2016-06-24 02:16:00 »

You do not understand my question , I now redo the 3D scenes in the topic graphical release , I returned to work the avalanche team . My question is not to import the character Performers issue directly , my question is to recreate the sculpture of perrsonnages present at Wutai . And I know this is possible , I try with horrible Performers I create ... The entertainment would be the only to integrate the decors . Regarding the texture, suffice to place the rock on the model and then make a report via Vray for example. I not ask whether the possibility to integrate the games is possible. I wonder if this character create the sculpture with a skeleton would be from zetaman ! The rest . I load /

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16748.0

I put the links of my topic , to prove that I know what I mean ...

Zetaman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2016-12-31 01:00:05 »
Hello everyone. I know I have been out for a long while, lots of stuff happening in life. Taking care of a lot of people, family ect. Going to be managing a business soon which means a lot of work (i.e. 60 hours plus a week  :-(). I am still planning on working on my models on my spare time, but know it will take quite a bit until I complete this project. I will do my best though as I do really wish to have our remake come into fruition, as nothing will ever beat the hard work synergy of fans who love this game. To all reading this have a happy new year  :-D