Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Final Fantasy VII OST Symphonic Remaster (2013-10-16)  (Read 53950 times)

Ragna

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII OST Symphonic Remaster
« Reply #25 on: 2013-09-12 14:56:37 »
Now is magnificent.

Asshiah

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-09-26 06:06:32 »
I agree with DLPB, the bass are clearly too low in canyon.agg.
Normally it is a really important part of the tune, but we can't even hear them during some parts of the song.
Do you think you could correct this?

Except from this this is quite magnificent work!

Thanks a lot!

Captain Epic

• The Epic One
    • View Profile
    • Captain Epic
« Reply #27 on: 2013-09-30 15:49:07 »
I agree with DLPB, the bass are clearly too low in canyon.agg.
Normally it is a really important part of the tune, but we can't even hear them during some parts of the song.
Do you think you could correct this?

Except from this this is quite magnificent work!

Thanks a lot!

I've uploaded a version with a louder bass part. The link is in the first post :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-09-30 16:05:10 »
That's better.  But now I think there is clipping going on.  Anyone else?  I'd also make the drums more dominant.

Asshiah

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-10-01 06:26:13 »
That's definitely better!
I would just turn up the bass volume a little bit more so that we can still hear the secondary theme clearly while the main theme is on. Now we hear it (that wasn't the case before) but it is still a little to faint for me.
Nevertheless, it is still a lot better thant before!

Thanks for the work Captain Epic!

As for the clipping I really can't tell. DLPB, can you point the tima in the song where you hear clipping?

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-10-02 05:07:20 »
I think what everyone is trying to get at but nobody has hit on the head is the violent volume fluctuations.  Not so much clipping since the bumps are not distorted, just out of place.  There is a sudden jump in volume for apparently no reason.  Its like really obvious in bat and I haven't listened to them all yet but they all seem to be doing it so far, some not as badly though.  Whole sections of the song seem to be "sinking" in volume until they randomly POP up loud again.  Doesn't make sense and ruins the dynamic, however all else sounds really amazing and I am sure it is a rather easy fix.  I am by no means a "professional" but I have played music for 13 years and have mixed my fair share of tracks and am confident in my analysis.  Other than that, bravo man this is the best mix by far, I perfer this above ALL the others but I am a symphonic NUT so I am pretty bias.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-02 05:16:35 by yarLson »

Captain Epic

• The Epic One
    • View Profile
    • Captain Epic
« Reply #31 on: 2013-10-07 10:34:54 »
I think what everyone is trying to get at but nobody has hit on the head is the violent volume fluctuations.  Not so much clipping since the bumps are not distorted, just out of place.  There is a sudden jump in volume for apparently no reason.  Its like really obvious in bat and I haven't listened to them all yet but they all seem to be doing it so far, some not as badly though.  Whole sections of the song seem to be "sinking" in volume until they randomly POP up loud again.  Doesn't make sense and ruins the dynamic, however all else sounds really amazing and I am sure it is a rather easy fix.  I am by no means a "professional" but I have played music for 13 years and have mixed my fair share of tracks and am confident in my analysis.  Other than that, bravo man this is the best mix by far, I perfer this above ALL the others but I am a symphonic NUT so I am pretty bias.

That's very weird; I'm not having any problems with volume fluctuations when I listen back to them. In fact I actually put a bit of compression on the tracks during mastering specifically so there would be less drastic dynamic fluctuations. Could it be something to do with your media player?

Glad you like them. I had a feeling fellow "symphonic nuts" would enjoy this soundtrack, haha

ThunderPeel2001

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-10-07 12:30:47 »
This is something pretty special. I can only imagine how long it took to create.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-10-08 01:26:31 »
hmm maybe VLC was messing, it still won't play them correctly.  I opened them up in audacity to check the waveforms and they definitely look okay.  The weird volume issue I was having seemed to just disappear in audacity.  I have no idea why it was happening in VLC but its gone now.  Sorry for the false positive.  Good work.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-10-15 22:53:51 »
This sounds really great. I think I'll use them from now on. Unfortunately the second disc seems to be broken. I get a CRC error trying to decompress parade.ogg.

As for the movies, fortunately the PSX version has separate SFX and music for both the openning and the ending so they could be combined with your work for a more faithful result.

Captain Epic

• The Epic One
    • View Profile
    • Captain Epic
« Reply #35 on: 2013-10-16 08:27:46 »
This sounds really great. I think I'll use them from now on. Unfortunately the second disc seems to be broken. I get a CRC error trying to decompress parade.ogg.

As for the movies, fortunately the PSX version has separate SFX and music for both the openning and the ending so they could be combined with your work for a more faithful result.

Have you tried re-downloading the second disc? Sometimes that solves the problem. If that doesn't help, I'll re-upload!

I didn't realise the PSX version had them seperate! That's great news. I'll have to look into that :)

EDIT: Just an update - I've re-uploaded discs 1, 2 and 4 with all the fixed ogg files inside. I have also made changes to a couple of tracks - I lowered the volume of the snare in the battle music and I have made more changes to the cosmo canyon theme, with the bass and drums more prominent throughout.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-16 10:24:57 by Captain Epic »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-10-16 22:35:20 »
Oh, it seems it was 7Zip misshandling multipart rars. It worked when I extracted the whole disc.

Thanks Captain Epic.

Asshiah

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-10-17 19:38:33 »
This new version of cosmo canyon is just perfect!!

Your work as a whole is just magnificet!

Thanks a lot for the share!

I think I am in love with the symphonic version. I can't play with another version anymore.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-17 19:47:26 by Asshiah »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-10-17 20:13:43 »
Oh, it seems it was 7Zip misshandling multipart rars. It worked when I extracted the whole disc.

Thanks Captain Epic.
This is normal for multi-part RARs. The file was probably split between the parts.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 2013-10-18 05:22:58 »
Wutai sounds so amazing.

I rove you rong time for this  ;D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2014-01-13 01:09:35 »
Captain Eric, Once it's released do you intend to redo the retranslated FMV's for Reunion?

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-01-13 19:08:14 »
This project is great!  Thanks for all your work.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-03-05 00:59:18 »
Hope this isn't too much of a necropost, but were corruption issues in the files ever fixed? My disc 2 1 and 2 are messed up. Ill keep working on opening them

Edit: it looks like redownloading is doing the trick, sorry for the useless post!!
« Last Edit: 2014-03-05 02:16:43 by Lionsmane »

Dubular

• View Profile
I'll admit I was skeptical as soon as I opened the thread. Then I listened to a few tracks. Then a few more. Then  listened to "Those Chosen by the Planet"....

I got chills. That 'heartbeat' sound.... good lord it sounded awesome. And this is on my crappy speakers, I'm jacked to hear that on a good setup. Still not entirely sure if I want to use these tracks in-game, but it's some damn fine work.

Ender

• View Profile
I've been listening to the orchestra tracks on YouTube for quite some time now. Only just now getting around to augmenting my FF7 PC with it. Thank you very much for your hard work and effort. I appreciate it immensely and you have greatly improved my enjoyment of the game as well as given me a lot of good music for my MP3 player.

However, the part 2 of Disc 4 in the links above does not work. I would also greatly appreciate it if that could be fixed since, as I understand it, I can't just rip them from YouTube because they need to be looped.

x033

• View Profile
I uploaded all the tracks on mega for preservation sake in case mediafire goes down and if anyone prefers to just use mega and download all in one link which is easier/no mediafire popup ads.

https://mega.nz/#!2BNV1abT!sc12XnkmoMYz85VXmTLt73JEogTiEJ1RwtuFQjIyRdY

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
Just ot mention that Captain Epic has uploaded remasters for both FF8 and FF9 as well: https://www.youtube.com/user/symphonicremasters