Author Topic: [FF7PC] No Chibis in FMVs (1.16b)  (Read 67093 times)

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VII Kids - Let's Play
Re: [REL] No Chibis in FMVs
« Reply #25 on: 2014-05-14 18:23:41 »
UPDATE: (Ver 1.9)

hwindfly:
Removed chibi Barret frame-by-frame, instead of using the 'bubble' effect. (this change was in ver 1.8 )
Gave Barret animation. (this change was in ver 1.8 )

ontrain:
Moved 'thud' sound effect to match video.
Changed Cloud's end pose to be more crouched forward.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-15 21:06:31 by DrLilo »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2014-05-14 19:39:24 »
The changes to hwindfly with Barret are amazing. is it possible to add a few more frames of animation for Tifa and the guards now? Barret is extremely fluid (not that I'm complaining :P) and Tifa just seems less so now. If not what you've done is by far better than the original

onctrain:
Clouds crouch seems unnatural, Maybe position a leg back, as in reality it would give him more stability. maybe even put a hand down on the train as well.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/239/1/e/GP076___Crouching_Girl_by_guilty_pleasure.jpg(dispite the name it is very SFW) is a perfect example of what i'm thinking (thank you google images :P)

You are doing wonders for these cut-scenes man, truly breathing in new life too the game for me :)

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014-05-14 20:08:48 »
onctrain:
Clouds crouch seems unnatural, Maybe position a leg back, as in reality it would give him more stability. maybe even put a hand down on the train as well.
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/239/1/e/GP076___Crouching_Girl_by_guilty_pleasure.jpg(dispite the name it is very SFW) is a perfect example of what i'm thinking (thank you google images :P)

Can't get his arm all the way to the ground, it's too short (and badly rigged by me), but this is hopefully closer to what you wanted.

UPDATE: (Ver 1.10)

ontrain:
Changed Cloud's end pose to kneeling.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-14 20:46:20 by DrLilo »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-05-14 20:48:38 »
That is perfect!

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2014-05-15 20:56:10 »
UPDATE: (Ver 1.11)

dumcrush:
Cut out small clip where Tifa was running on the spot.

fallpl:
Blended the superimposed cable in better with the original cable.

hwindfly:
Sped up Tifa's running sequence.
Redid the falling shot, restoring the original rope animation, frame-by-frame.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-16 13:40:08 by DrLilo »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: 2014-05-15 21:40:06 »
It's coming along  :)

hwindfly: When she falls and catches the rope, her hand position isn't gripping the rope. Looks much better than previous versions though.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2014-05-15 23:40:43 »
Just curious, How come you aren't using the new 1280x960 videos?

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2014-05-16 01:01:18 »
Just curious, How come you aren't using the new 1280x960 videos?

Dunno really, I don't have them... at this point it's too late tbh, we're hundreds of frames of photoshop work in, using this resolution. I may eventually render them out at a higher resolution, but it'll still be using this size as a base. Sorry about that. At the end of the day the source material was this res, so any improvement you get from up-scaling is fairly minor.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-16 01:02:53 by DrLilo »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2014-05-16 01:15:27 »
No problem, It's worth it to me, I can try and do touch ups in it later or something if it bugs me too much :P

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2014-05-16 13:12:48 »
UPDATE: (Ver 1.12)

fallpl:
Tightened up timing with real-time models.

hwindfly:
Changed Tifa's falling angle so she appears to hold the rope.

monitor:
Completely redid the camera movement.
Painted out chibi employee frame-by-frame.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-16 21:03:14 by DrLilo »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #36 on: 2014-05-16 23:44:34 »
Are the links in the first page updated as well to watch the preview? Thanks!

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2014-05-16 23:53:09 »
Are the links in the first page updated as well to watch the preview? Thanks!

I always keep them up to date, should work, unless there's a problem.

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2014-05-18 04:41:46 »
This is really impressive.

Seriously!

refoopseman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2014-05-18 16:30:43 »
This project is awesome my friend! Thank you so much!

P/S: could you release the higher resolution videos? thanks!

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2014-05-18 18:48:08 »
UPDATE: (Ver 1.13)

By popular demand, the videos are now in HD. Bear in mind though that the work was done on top of the original 640x448 files, so this is extra pixels only, the quality won't magically explode upwards. That said, compared side-by-sde, the 1.12 release is definitely fuzzier.

NB: I'm not going to re-upload all the Youtube videos, so they'll stay in their current resolution, unless I make further changes to them.

refoopseman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-05-19 17:24:05 »
Super awesome

Thanks so much for your hard work DrLilo  :) :mrgreen:

Scrat

• Don't eat yellow snow... even if it might be beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-06-10 08:55:57 »
Hey DrLilo, Really enjoying this mod and I appreciate your hard work.

Only found this so far :)

In the Parachute into Midgar FMV, Cloud's Parachute doesn't open and in the next few frames he is missing completely.

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2014-06-12 22:27:13 »
Hey DrLilo, Really enjoying this mod and I appreciate your hard work.

Only found this so far :)

In the Parachute into Midgar FMV, Cloud's Parachute doesn't open and in the next few frames he is missing completely.

Thanks... For some reason all the FMVs that feature real-time models on top seem to got out of time when you replace the videos with custom ones, even if the timing is identical to the vanilla video. With all the other real-time model FMVs I've tested them enough times to get the timing back to more or less right, but to be honest I've never actually replayed the returning to Midgar sequence since making this mod, so I completely missed that one. I'd pretty much put this mod to bed recently, but now I guess I'll have to go back in and fix this...

Scrat

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-06-13 10:30:15 »
I'd pretty much put this mod to bed recently, but now I guess I'll have to go back in and fix this...

Sorry! xD I've been doing a full playthrough with it and so far all the others have been fine

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #45 on: 2014-06-13 16:18:33 »
Thanks... For some reason all the FMVs that feature real-time models on top seem to got out of time when you replace the videos with custom ones, even if the timing is identical to the vanilla video. With all the other real-time model FMVs I've tested them enough times to get the timing back to more or less right, but to be honest I've never actually replayed the returning to Midgar sequence since making this mod, so I completely missed that one. I'd pretty much put this mod to bed recently, but now I guess I'll have to go back in and fix this...

I didn't completely follow what the issue is, but you are able to replace the videos that use in game models. The trick is you need to use the correct codec and they need to be exactly the same length, don't alter the length of the originals in anyway. Are these videos yours or the originals (or from others) mixed with your custom videos? I don't think your videos would effect the others that use in game models as long as their codec and length are untouched.

~Ah, is it just the parachute video? Pretty much the same thing, double check the codec and length. Each frame needs to remain in it's original place, otherwise the models wont be in time.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-13 16:21:40 by cmh175 »

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-06-13 16:22:07 »
I didn't completely follow what the issue is, but you are able to replace the videos that use in game models. The trick is you need to use the correct codec and they need to be exactly the same length, don't alter the length of the originals in anyway. Are these videos yours or the originals (or from others) mixed with your custom videos? I don't think your videos would effect the others that use in game models as long as their codec and length are untouched.

You'd think so, but no... As soon as you replace the FMVs at all, even with videos of the exact same length, the real-time models go hey-wire, they animate at a faster than normal speed and skip their cues, appearing too soon. I've been going in cutting the FMVs short, so as to line-up as best as I can with the crazy new timing of the post-mod real-time models. I'm currently uploading a new version of Parashot...

Scrat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2014-06-13 16:23:49 »
I did also have an issue in the Tifa Junon cannon scene, I could still control her throughout the movie. I just ran her off screen and it was fine, but I think maybe a cue got missed

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2014-06-13 16:25:56 »
I did also have an issue in the Tifa Junon cannon scene, I could still control her throughout the movie. I just ran her off screen and it was fine, but I think maybe a cue got missed

Ok THAT is weird! That cut-scene doesn't even feature real-time models, they shouldn't have appeared at all... I need to see what's going on there..

EDIT: Just tested the scene, I didn't realise it does actually use real-time models, right at the very start, you still had control over Tifa until she went off camera. I'm not sure how I can fix this by editing the video... Instead I'll include an optional flevel patch in the next upload which hides Tifa's model during this cutscene... That means she does essentially vanish, but it's probably better for her to disappear for a split second than for her to potentially be walking around on top of the entire FMV.

In the process of uploading now.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-13 17:07:18 by DrLilo »

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2014-06-13 17:32:52 »
UPDATE: (Ver 1.15)

parashot:

Re-cut to more accurately line-up timings with the real-time models.
Note, Cloud's parashoot looks a little wonky in the final shot, his real-time model is animating faster than it should... But it's only slightly odd, it still works.

Added an optional file called "CannonSequenceFix", which if installed will remove Tifa's field model from the hwindfly sequence (otherwise it's possible for her to appear on top of the entire FMV)
« Last Edit: 2014-06-14 11:39:19 by DrLilo »