Author Topic: Steam achievements? And can't use keyboard/joystic  (Read 11770 times)

Stip

• View Profile
Hello. Does this mod have support for steam achievements?

Also, I've downloaded some mods but when I start the game there's no response from neither the keyboard nor the joystic. Am I missing something?

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: Steam achievements? And can't use keyboard/joystic
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-08 15:44:43 »
Hello. Does this mod have support for steam achievements?

Also, I've downloaded some mods but when I start the game there's no response from neither the keyboard nor the joystic. Am I missing something?

Once you use game converter anything steam related is terminated, as in achievements, cloud saves, overlay the lot.  If you are using a laptop make sure to install the laptop patch, also yes joypads work I am using a PS4 pad for this game with mods. Also take the time to read this thread to get it to work.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

And this thread for some trouble shooting:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16538.0

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-08 15:55:56 »
Thanks for the answer. So no FFVII modding with achievements then?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-08 15:59:20 »
No modding with achievements. Either play the game through once with intent to aim for the achievements only, then play again through with it modded...OR...forget the crappy achievements and play modded with the same experience as the original (aka achievements were a self-driven goal, and had nothing to do with display messages on a public client such as Steam...seriously, who reads that crap and actually cares?).

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-08 16:01:51 »
Thanks for the answer. So no FFVII modding with achievements then?

Well you can do manually, but not with the use of 7TH heaven, game converter basically turns it into the 98 version but add files to get the game to work on newer operating systems. As well as working toward getting mods from 7th heaven to work with each other.

No modding with achievements. Either play the game through once with intent to aim for the achievements only, then play again through with it modded...OR...forget the crappy achievements and play modded with the same experience as the original (aka achievements were a self-driven goal, and had nothing to do with display messages on a public client such as Steam...seriously, who reads that crap and actually cares?).

LMAO that could not of been put any better.  :D ;D
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 16:05:52 by EQ2Alyza »

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-08 16:07:44 »
Gotcha. So where's this "laptop patch"? I actually read that instructions post when installing, but keyboard and joystic do not respond...

EDIT: Maybe it's worth saying I'm using The Reunion - Beacause + Menu Overhaul. I've set the .exe patch as noted on the instructions for this mod.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 16:14:19 by Stip »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-08 16:20:11 »
The keyboard patch is in the Game Converter. It's the last thing it asks you to do before finishing. It's not so much about laptop keyboards (my laptop has a numpad), as it's about keyboards without a numpad. The default 1998 version keyboard layout was put onto on the numpad. The Game Converter changes your Square Enix Store or Steam version to the 1998 original version, which sticks you with the numpad layout.

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-08 16:26:55 »
Thanks, but I still don't know how to get my PS2 controller to work...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-08 16:28:11 »
You probably need a third party program to map your keyboard to a controller layout. Covarr knows a bit about this, so I suggest you get in touch with him.

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-08 16:40:34 »
Can't get to PM anyone... is this a default on this forum?

Well I guess he'll probably just say for me to use xpadder or something

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-08 16:52:11 »
UPDATE: Xbox360 controller does work, but suffers from that of most old games I use it with: triggers won't be recognized by the game, and the movement is locked into the analog stick, which is troublesome for old games, specially in the menus. I'll try to use xpadder...
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 16:54:01 by Stip »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-08 17:00:59 »
Can't get to PM anyone... is this a default on this forum?
Members can't PM until they have 5 posts. This was an anti-spam measure.

Well I guess he'll probably just say for me to use xpadder or something
That really depends on several factors, such as what game and what controller you're using. The other day I recommended x360ce for someone trying to play FF6, but that was based on a hunch that the Steam version of FF6 does not support DirectInput. If you're using the converted version of FF7, it should absolutely have DirectInput support, so I would not make that recommendation for you.

I see you have two controllers, one PS2 and one Xbox 360. If they're both plugged in at once, I'm pretty sure FF7 will only use whichever one is set as the default in the control panel. If you click the "Advanced" button, it should let you choose a preferred controller. Choose the one you want FF7 to use.

Unfortunately, you may still have the problem of FF7 only recognizing the analog sticks. A legit PS2 controller in an adapter, with an "analog" button between the thumbsticks, may be able to get around this, but whether or not that works can vary by adapter; some adapters remap the directions to the D-Pad when analog is turned off, while others leave the D-Pad set as a POV hat at all times regardless.

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-08 17:34:47 »
If they're both plugged in at once, I'm pretty sure FF7 will only use whichever one is set as the default in the control panel. If you click the "Advanced" button, it should let you choose a preferred controller. Choose the one you want FF7 to use.

This didn't work either... it works fine with other games and even in the Steam FFVII launcher...

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-01-08 17:49:38 »
Nvm, it works now... selection on control panel was inverted so I was choosing the wrong adapter port (the one which no controller plugged in).

Also, My pc rez is 1920x1080. What exactly should I fit in these configuration spaces? I tryied fiddling a bit with numbers but sometimes I got bad results lol
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 17:52:01 by Stip »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2016-01-08 17:58:45 »
Nvm, it works now... selection on control panel was inverted so I was choosing the wrong adapter port (the one which no controller plugged in).

Also, My pc rez is 1920x1080. What exactly should I fit in these configuration spaces? I tryied fiddling a bit with numbers but sometimes I got bad results lol

If I were you I would keep the internal resolution to standard 3840X2160 tick post processing, linear filtering tick new timer and leave texture memory to either 784 or the next one down also tick full if you want full screen.

Stip

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2016-01-08 18:12:58 »
This is what happens when I leave at that internal resution and put fullscren or anything other than 0 in the other spaces...

EDIT: It seens setting the zoom on Windows 10 has an interference on this app, which will be zoomed as well. Since I put a 25% zoom I thought that downscaling 25% of the monitor's resolution (1920x1080 -> 1440x810) would do the trick, but this resolution is not supported by 7th heaven.

What should I do now?

EDIT: Found a solution! Posted in a new post!
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 19:03:46 by Stip »