Author Topic: One of many FF7 music .oggs I created  (Read 8309 times)

midgarsfinest

• View Profile
One of many FF7 music .oggs I created
« on: 2016-06-07 03:46:54 »
http://www.driveplayer.com/#fileIds=0Bze184UJlMe3N0xScmttTmh0UHM&userId=104656117573360842770

Here is a link to an .ogg I created for my personal audio mod for the opening bombing mission in FFVII. I have many other with the same Advent Children sound, and remixed with better quality. Check it out, and let me know if anyone is interested in hearing any of the other's I created. Each .ogg guaranteed to loop without hesitation or getting off tempo.

Credit for the composition of this song goes to ToxicxEternity. Hear the full version here https://youtu.be/ygTWujawYVY
« Last Edit: 2016-06-07 04:22:14 by midgarsfinest »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Re: One of many FF7 music .oggs I created
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-07 13:29:54 »
I wanted to do a whole rock metal guitar list but I've no idea how to do it. I play myself too so I might be able to make some myself

midgarsfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-07 19:49:03 »
I wanted to do a whole rock metal guitar list but I've no idea how to do it. I play myself too so I might be able to make some myself
That's awesome man. I found that my own sound recording quality wasn't quite up to par as this guy, and others I have found, so I borrowed there's, remastered them, and created a whole new experience for FFVII.

I can help you get started and walk you through the process if that's something you're really interested in. Either way (download someone else's mp3 or create your own) you will need a program that creates .ogg files. I strongly recommend Audacity, as it was the quickest for me to learn.

"We've all done things we regret. It's how you respond that defines who you are."
« Last Edit: 2016-06-07 19:55:17 by midgarsfinest »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-07 20:36:57 »
Yeah I'm probably better using others cuz I only have the guitar no drums or anything else. O know loads of awesome artists on YouTube we can use though

midgarsfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-07 21:15:38 »
Ok. First thing you're going to want to do is learn what song titles go with what .oggs. For example, the one I posted is named ob.ogg in the music folder, and the song title is called "Opening Bombing Mission" . So I went and found the version of that song I liked the best and turned into an .ogg to replace the original.

Ultimately I found the original soundtrack on a website which coincidentally had them all in order as they appear in the game. Then I went down the list and found all of the mp3s first. Then, one at a time I created and replaced the .ogg files in the music folder.

"We've all done things we regret. It's how you respond that defines who you are."

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-07 21:43:16 »
Alright, that sounds simple enough, thanks

midgarsfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-07 21:52:14 »
Alright, that sounds simple enough, thanks
Let me know when you get that step done and we'll work together on the next few steps and have it up and running before you know it.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #7 on: 2016-06-07 22:39:40 »
Sweet yeah, may take me a few days like as im working on quite a few things at the same time but i may prioritize this

midgarsfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-07 22:41:08 »
Sweet yeah, may take me a few days like as im working on quite a few things at the same time but i may prioritize this
I'm down whenever you get the mp3s. If time is an issue we can do a few together and you can take off at your own pace after.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #9 on: 2016-06-07 22:47:16 »
well i can get the mp3's now i guess, assuming you agree to the same ones, ill send you them and see what you think

midgarsfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-06-07 22:53:39 »
well i can get the mp3's now i guess, assuming you agree to the same ones, ill send you them and see what you think
Pick whichever ones you like. I've still got the ones I like. So this is all for you.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #11 on: 2016-06-07 23:02:56 »
Im not sure if some of these will loop properly but im gathering a few now, also i sent you a PM, be sure to check