Final Fantasy 7 > WIP

[FF7PC] Post bug reports here [use The Reunion thread instead]

(1/40) > >>

DLPB_:
FF7 The Reunion Database

Final Fantasy VII suffers from a very large number of bugs, across all modules. Some are small and insignificant; others can hang or crash the game. White Wind and I are attempting to log all known bugs with Final Fantasy VII PC (1.02 English with Aali's Driver/Steam English version) and then find a solution. 

We can't possibly find and fix all the bugs, so if you see a bug that isn't in the database above (see the tabs at the bottom), or you think you can fix a bug, please don't hesitate to post here.

nfitc1:
I bet I can fix number 14 (reviving dead characters with damaging scripts). That'll either be a field fix or a exe tweak.

Covarr:

--- Quote from: NFITC1 on 2017-05-07 15:40:34 ---I bet I can fix number 14 (reviving dead characters with damaging scripts). That'll either be a field fix or a exe tweak.

--- End quote ---
Make sure to specify which tab. There are a few #14s... though I assume you mean Field #14.

DLPB_:
Field 14 is unlikely to be fixed by field script. I tried it.  Field functions don't support a check for current HP or anything, so all you can do is take off an amount of HP (in this case, 10000 - then add 1).  The only way I can see to fix it would be an entirely new function or something?

There are some issues that can be fixed by new code in exe though, like Menu #5.

The order of the database is subject to change, due to arrangement by alphabetical order.  I guess that's not a good idea.  I'll simply add new entries to the bottom from now on.  I am still in the progress of adding The Reunion Database entries to this database also.

nfitc1:

--- Quote from: Covarr on 2017-05-07 16:04:31 ---Make sure to specify which tab. There are a few #14s... though I assume you mean Field #14.

--- End quote ---
didn't notice the tabs. Yes, I meant the field bug. The trick is "don't revive, but don't kill either". The field opcode probably needs an asm edit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version