Author Topic: Issue with instaling in a Laptop with only 1 Hard disk driver C:  (Read 594 times)

TheOrgaz

• View Profile
Hy everyone,

First of all I would like to apologize if this post should not go here, I usually dont use forums :(

I bought the FFVII trhough Steam, and according to the 7th heaven guide, I should install the game somewhere but Program Files, Program Files (x86), Users...

I would choose another hard disk, however I just have one and Steam does not allow me to choose different folder as it has a default one :(

I have tried few things and I would like to know from you guys if you could provide me some guide or suggestions because I really like this game and by modding it, it makes it much better.

Thanks for the support!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • No life
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
You could create a folder and mount it as a second drive: http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/mount-folder-as-drive-windows/

This way, you can configure steam to install games to the second "drive".

NFITC1

• No life
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
... Steam does not allow me to choose different folder as it has a default one :(
Mine does. Why can you not?
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

TheOrgaz

• View Profile
Thanks for the answer, this is the error message I have:

"Selected drive already has a Steam library folder. Steam will manage multiple game installs in a single folder for you."

I think this message is shown because I have only one Hard disk in my laptop.

Anyways, thanks for the support :)

TheOrgaz

• View Profile
Hey Covarr,

I'll try in this way, I did not know this was possible actually :P

Let's see if it works.

Thanks

TheOrgaz

• View Profile
Great!

I manage to create a new "Hard disk" however still I have an issue:

Once running the converter, and selectin the folder in which I have installed the FFVII, it does not go trough because it seems the converter cannot find the .exe file from this folder.

I bought the FFVII version which is currently on Steam one day ago, and this is the link that I'm using for the converter W:\novaatirar\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII and the message which shows the convertes is "FINAL FANTASY VII installation could not be found...", when it comes to this, I downloaded it from steam directly ( that's why maybe the converter does not find the .exe?)

If it's because of what I said at the end, do you know how to get that .exe file without installing the game from the Steam launcher perhaps?

THanks once again for the help guys, I really aprettiate it <3

Regards