Final Fantasy 9 > Support

Questions on FF IX Audio Mods

(1/1)

Damned:
I recently downloaded two audio mods for FF IX.

1. This one restores the enemy death and PS1 SFX.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/1692659769944094123/?ctp=3

2. This one alters the way the game processes audio so it sounds better.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/353916838206972073/

I want to use both of them, but have run into a problem. Both modify SdLib.dll. Is there some tool I could potentially use to "merge" both of the modded SdLib.dll files together? Are these two mods compatible with each other?

Also, I was wondering if anyone could please look into the following issue with the audio in FFIX. I posted about it before, but here it is again...

--- Quote ---The first (Honestly by far the most annoying issue with the audio for me.) problem with the audio is the BGM resetting after a random encounter, rather than continuing from where it left off.

For example, lets say I'm running around the overworld. The overworld theme music keeps playing until about 0:25 into the track when I get into a random encounter. Now, in the PS1 version of the game, after I would finish the random encounter and return to the overworld, the overworld theme music would continue playing from where it left off at 0:25.

However, in the PC version, the overworld theme music resets back to 0:00 and continues playing like normal from there.
--- End quote ---

I would really, really, REALLY be appreciative to anyone who could fix this issue, and would even be willing to donate money to anyone who could get it fixed.

Incinerator:
They use the same Sdlib.dll, the second one you linked has only a Sdlib.dll which is the same one used in the first one. The first one, goes in depth and fixes all sounds.
As for the BGM resetting, that's still a grey area for me, and if it comes known to be fixed, it'll be fixed.

the_randomizer85:
So there's no way to have both fixed sound effects and fixed audio processing?

Incinerator:

--- Quote from: the_randomizer85 on 2018-07-18 23:59:26 ---So there's no way to have both fixed sound effects and fixed audio processing?

--- End quote ---

Yes, my sounds fix includes both. It uses that same sdlib.dll from the ‘audio quality‘ thread there.

the_randomizer85:

--- Quote from: Incinerator on 2018-07-19 17:13:17 ---Yes, my sounds fix includes both. It uses that same sdlib.dll from the ‘audio quality‘ thread there.

--- End quote ---

Oh! Interesting, last time I used it (older version), I could have sworn the treasure/chest sound effect was still distorted, will check again with this one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version