Author Topic: Error starting ff7  (Read 1763 times)

zsundberg

• View Profile
Error starting ff7
« on: 2019-02-17 21:28:25 »
Hi all,

I believe that I have followed all of the install and setup instructions properly.  I get this message when I attempt to 'Launch Game':

System.ApplicationException: STATUS_INTERNAL_EROR: Unknown error in injector assembler code. (code 5)
at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.CreateAndInject(String InEXEPath, String InCommandLine, Int32 inProcessCreationFlags, InjectionOptions InOptions, String InLibraryPath_x86, String InLibraryPath_x64, Int32&OutProcessId, Object[] InPassThruArgs)
at EasyHook.RemoteHooking.CreateAndInject(String InEXEPath, String InCommandLine, Int32& OutProcessId, Object[] InPassThruArgs) at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.Luanch(Boolean varDump, Boolean debig) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projects\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1278

I hope that's correct.  I typed it out because the error box does not allow text selection.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

measton13

• View Profile
Re: Error starting ff7
« Reply #1 on: 2019-02-20 23:40:31 »
Hello zsundberg,

I had the same problem yesterday; fresh install and same error even with only a single active mod.

This post helped me resolve the issue:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18450.0

Specifically zaviero's suggestion:
Right click the 7thheaven and set and set the compatibility to run as as administrator. apply and close.
Then find the FF7 exe you are using eg.. ff7_bc right click and set compatibility to run in 640x480. Don't worry the opengl plugin will override this anyway.
Next go back into 7thheaven and try launching the game.
This seems to have worked for me going to test on my tab that had same problem.

Windows trickery for the win!  :)

I suspect it doesn't matter, but... I bought my copy of ff7 from Japanese Squaresoft store (international version). I live in Japan, so Steam wouldn't sell to me...  >:(

Anyway, hope this helps you enjoy the game.

zsundberg

• View Profile
Re: Error starting ff7
« Reply #2 on: 2019-02-21 23:18:34 »
Thanks measton13!  That worked!