Author Topic: Cosmo VS FF7 :D  (Read 41975 times)

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Cosmo VS FF7 :D
« Reply #75 on: 2001-03-04 17:24:00 »
OK, I've emailed you Cosmo.

Clone5: You mentioned a PREVIEW.IDX bug. Could you tell me which level(s) in particular you've found to be wrong? It'll help me track the bug down a lot faster if I have an example of where it messes up!

Clone5

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2001-03-04 22:54:00 »
The one in the picture is from mds7. Lemme see which other ones are bad... datiao_4, jumin, hyou2, kuro_1, games_2, move_u, jail2, frcyo, del1. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that I've seen in the past.  It is always wrong by one line, like it wasn't expecting the name to be on the first line.  I just d/led 6.5 and got the preview.idx from that one.

ficedula

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2001-03-05 01:40:00 »
Right, well v0.65 has a known bug in the PREVIEW.IDX; any later version will correct this (I strongly recommend the very latest, which as always, corrects other bugs too  :)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2001-03-05 02:42:00 »
srethron:
about the lv5death.hrc,
my guess is that it uses the same format as the 3d models in the battle.lgp.
why? couse the magic is ONLY used in battle so it has to be the same geometric format. so if the formats in the magic.lgp are solved then we are 50% of the way to cracking the formats used in the battle scenes.

« Reply #79 on: 2001-03-05 03:03:00 »
Hmm, I'm not sure. For one thing, that's the *only* .HRC file in magic.lgp. It does have plenty of .P and .Pxx files.

Here's a dump of deathlv5.hrc from Notepad:
:HEADER_BLOCK 2
:SKELETON deathlv5_sk
:BONES 3

head
root
1 head

none
root

jaw
none
1 jaw

It looks like a typical .HRC file. However, your thinking about the two using the same format is probably not too far off. There's a lot of formats in magic.lgp we don't know. It contains:
-.a00: 79 files
-.anm: 1 file
-.b: 23 files
-.d: 36 files
-.geo: 2 files
-.hrc: 1 file
-.lmd: 12 files
-.p: 582 files
-.pxx (XX is a number): 1063 files
-.rsd: 618 files
-.s: 359 files
-.script: 1 file
-.shp: 2 files
-.tex: 670 files
.tXX (XX is a number): 24 files

Oh, and I discovered that there are no "magic" files. They are all .p10 (Pxx) files.
.a00 files *could* be the same format as .A files. Same thing with the .ANM file. B., .D, .GEO, .LMD, .S, .SHP, and .tXX we don't know. As for the .HRC, .pXX, and .SCRIPT files, I'm not sure why they're there... yet. I'm guessing the .S files could stand for "spell".

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2001-03-05 16:39:00 »
allright, lets think this thru logically
magic does use textures, right?
so we have:
polygon data
texture data
animation data
and possibly header/info data
right?
so lets try and fit these to the files we have in the magic.lgp file shall we?

« Reply #81 on: 2001-03-05 07:52:00 »
1. Polygon data: .P and .pXX, maybe something else too.
2. Textures: .TEX
3. Animations: Don't know.
4. Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean header/info data. Mind elaborating a bit?

JOONAS

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2001-03-05 18:46:00 »
Is 3 pages too much scroll, shall we make a new thread again or stick to this 3 page one?

Now to my point.
I think my project will stretch a bit. I will be doing the guide as HTML form, and that means it's gonna be a site in the web.
Instead of putting the format of my guide like this:

ancnt1: This file is a location in ancient city...

...you get the idea, right? It'll be like a normal site, where you can choose the scene from the list, and it tells you which file to edit. So it will take a while, but I'll open them when they have somekind of a shape, and updates will be coming there nearly every day, so wish me luck.

Oh and Ficedula, i'm deeply hurt that you didn't mention my name in the help file of Cosmo!   :D   :D

From the help file:
Somebody's also working on a guide saying which filename is which, and which text is used ... hope it gets finished soon!
Is my name just somebody?
just kiddin', I'll tell you the adress to my site when it gets opened. And people, help is appreciated, the more help I receive, the faster the site gets completed...

[This message has been edited by JOONAS (edited March 05, 2001).]

« Reply #83 on: 2001-03-05 21:57:00 »
Doesn't matter to me whether we stick to this thread or make a new one.

So you want to do the whole sh-bang with this, huh? This sounds like fun, and you said you wanted help, so I'd love to help. I'm not the best, but I'm no slouch when it comes to html. As proof,  http://www.ff7gold.cjb.net/"" TARGET=_blank>here's  one of my sites. I've already got a couple of ideas on how we could shape the page (layout). Tell you what. I've got another FF7 Site (not up yet), which I was planning on using to host my tech doc and some other stuff. I'd be more than happy to incorporate a special section inside that for your project. I can also help you write it, get you info, or whatever you need. Would that work for you?

ficedula

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2001-03-06 15:08:00 »
Joonas: Well, since I don't have 'net access from my own PC at the moment, I couldn't check it up, and you weren't a regular then.

I'll add your name in for the next release. (OK, I'm gonna post in the new topic now).

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2001-03-06 16:06:00 »
GUYS THERE IS A NEW THREAD TO POST INTO!!! PLEAZE USE IT!!