Author Topic: Won't Install  (Read 2115 times)

dante66

• View Profile
Won't Install
« on: 2006-02-11 11:49:42 »
Hey,
I'm trying to install FFVII but it ain't working, it did it fine with my old computer (which was also XP with SP2) but as soon as I click install it closes down and nothing happens, anybody know what the problem is?
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Midgar

• View Profile
Won't Install
« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-12 02:20:37 »
Eh? You could have moved it you know... but at least you told us, not like http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=5227
But onto the solution:
Is it a fresh install? if not most likely (especially if your computer has good speed) it is a virus preventing this from starting. Try Ad-Aware or something. Another thing that could have happened is that your CD has a problem. Clean it and see if that makes a difference. It might have accumulated scratches, and if it did, I would suggest backing it up by making a "play copy" and an "install copy" so that you would never have this problem. Of if you know how to play this game without destroying your disc you are allowed to let your mind wander... and find a solution. Perhaps cleaning them won't work, then you might want to try to copy it into your computer and emulating it with Daemontools. If this doesn't work then (don't) go the illegal way since you have the original game, and I can't help you unless the mods give me the GO sign. Good luck! I bet it will take you at least three hours to try all of this.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Won't Install
« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-12 07:35:50 »
Try running the setup off the CD (FF7inst.exe) and see if it appears in Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) in the Processes tab. Sort it by the name to make your life easier. If it's there and still doesn't run, terminate it and restart your PC. Try again.

Any chances that you're using nVidia's?

dziugo