Author Topic: Always Run patch?  (Read 12886 times)

skyhopper88

Always Run patch?
« on: 2006-04-28 23:34:44 »
I hardly just walk in game and I get tired of holding cancel all the time, even with a gamepad. Would this be hard to implement?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Re: Always Run patch?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-29 00:16:25 »
Quote from: skyhopper88
I hardly just walk in game and I get tired of holding cancel all the time, even with a gamepad. Would this be hard to implement?

You are one lazy mother fucker.

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-29 00:26:12 »
Quote from: chaoscontrol

You are one lazy mother f*****.

I agree come on its one little button and next thing you are gonna want a teleport patch for between cities.
If you are desperate sticky tape your cancel key down.... I think that will do it :wicked:

skyhopper88

Always Run patch?
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-29 00:30:07 »
Actually I'm physically disabled and have limted dexterity in my fingers. Thanks for the rudeness though, appreciate it.

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
Always Run patch?
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-29 00:38:27 »
If that was actually true (which 70% I doubt) you could have said that so you would not get replies like
Code: [Select]
You are one lazy mother F*****.
but in a more practical approach aren't there places if you run you get hurt
EG: the cosmo caverns by the spike if you run you slide and get heavy damage if you walk... nothing

Wuz

• View Profile
Always Run patch?
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-29 00:42:29 »
Actually I'm physically disabled and have limted dexterity in my fingers. Thanks for the rudeness though, appreciate it.

how were they to know?

I'm sure its possible though.
I can see some problems and side effects as its not always used for running.
You could make the cancel button a switch so its either always on or always off but that causes problems everywhere else.
You could make a stand alone program (or added control in FF7) that enables/disables the switch mode for the cancel button.

Wuz.

skyhopper88

Always Run patch?
« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-29 01:14:16 »
Actually it is, cerebral palsy, look it up. And I didn't expect to get rude replies like that, nor did I expect it to actually matter to anyone here.

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
Always Run patch?
« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-29 01:38:27 »
Jeez dude, what must I treat you differently than any other newbies I am sorry about what I said earlier but what do you expect from people who stay up till 4:00am and get a question like that but dont take what chaos said to strongly half of what people post are just jokes.  :roll:
Any way just saying sorry, try talk to the serious modders about your idea someone will help.

Midgar

• View Profile
Always Run patch?
« Reply #8 on: 2006-04-29 03:59:37 »
I don't believe your post. So suppose you are a lazy mother fucker, and you want us to do all the work for you and whatnot, and we catch you on your act. Then you give us a false sickness, to get sympathy. Chaoscontrol has a point. I got tired of it also, and certainly it was uncomfortable, but maybe you should get a more comfortable controller, I would have though of that instead of jumping to a forum and giving us an idea and a diesese with no proof. I know of an autorun program that was made years ago, it may be floating somewhere around the internet, try to search for it.

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
Always Run patch?
« Reply #9 on: 2006-04-29 04:38:01 »
hmmmm. get a claw will that work?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Always Run patch?
« Reply #10 on: 2006-04-29 05:22:48 »
An always run patch won't always be all that helpful.  I can think of two instances where always-run will get you in trouble:  In the shinra building when you have to sneak by guards, and in the gi cave when you have to walk past the oil slick or else get thrown into a wall of spikes.

Also, always having cancel down will fark up battles and not let you select anything, and might screw up the snowboard minigame and make you always brake.

So in short, it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

now if it can be simply toggled for feild-use only, then we could get somewhere.  What you can probably do yourself is set up "sticky keys" in Windows and see if the command runs in ff7.   Under "Accesability options" you can make it so that hitting a key rapidly a few times will toggle it on and off (Shift is a good example if you wanted to type in all caps or !@#$%^&* without actually holding shift down).  The downside of this is, can you hit "cancel" like 3 or 5 times fast in-between battles, or would that be more of a strain?

stormmedia

• View Profile
Always Run patch?
« Reply #11 on: 2006-04-29 05:53:36 »
well I think the best way would be to make the field like in ff8 so you always run and when you wanna walk you press cancel but ... I don't know how to do it and personaly I think this will be useless ....

Sad Jari

Always Run patch?
« Reply #12 on: 2006-04-29 11:12:15 »
Dear Topic,

Thank you for removing what little faith I might have had in humanity.

Yours truly,

Even sadder Jari

:weep:

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Always Run patch?
« Reply #13 on: 2006-04-29 14:15:30 »
Quote from: Sad Jari
Dear Topic,

Thank you for removing what little faith I might have had in humanity.

Yours truly,

Even sadder Jari

:weep:

The sad part sure is true.

P.S: No one likes you, go home. Psssssht!!

Sad Jari

Always Run patch?
« Reply #14 on: 2006-04-29 14:30:06 »
Ah, such a verbal talent.

No doubt the very same you used to disrespect your alleged girlfriend.

In your masterful display of.... something you seem to have overlooked one thing. It might be that I don't care.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #15 on: 2006-05-08 15:26:40 »
Switch running with walking so you have to push Cancel to walk? Can't be too hard...

dziugo

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-05-10 23:57:08 »
well if you want you can do it for him but... I'm certainly not the one who will download it lol

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #17 on: 2006-05-11 11:18:40 »
Ok, here it is - Always-Run patch.

Info:

Will make your character run by default - hold <CANCEL> to walk.

Additional info:

Code patched at:
Code: [Select]
0x006499E7:
   0x75

Download link:

AlwaysRunPatch
YAMP - with tutorial

I think I'll wait for a while before updating all the links in that thread.

well if you want you can do it for him but... I'm certainly not the one who will download it lol
Hey, thanks for support :D

dziugo

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-05-12 03:32:42 »
haha sorry I admit that it was a lake of suport to say that ... I did just mean that I'd be useless to me.  But still great work dziugo can you do anything with this game !!! hehe

SmackinHard87

« Reply #19 on: 2006-05-12 05:41:44 »
I think I'll try this out, D your the man!