Author Topic: Problem with "The Skillster's & SmithiE's Hardcore Mod"  (Read 1897 times)

edzwoo

I believe it's been mentioned before that there is a bug which causes the battle order to change.  However, I've had to get through the Temple of the Ancients fighting Godo's and Demon Gates as random encounters.  Now I'm at Jenova DEATH, and I fight a silly tonberry.  Although the bug is actually a bit interesting, I want to have a correct battle order so I can learn my enemy skills and not get wiped out because I fight 3 Jenova LIFEs in a row as random encounters.  If there are any instructions to fix the bug, I'd be glad to follow them, otherwise I'd appreciate it if someone could fix my save file.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25265565/save00.ff7.html

ARMs

• View Profile
Re: Problem with "The Skillster's & SmithiE's Hardcore Mod"
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-08 10:48:35 »
So i'm guessing their is no completed hardcore mods still.  Try edditing the bosses yourself.  I edited the bosses to super hard and its fun and frustrating at the same time fighting them.  I'm currently fighting Proud Clod with level 70 teams with 8 Maxed HP Plus materia and hes kicking my ass.  From Jenova Birth till now i have never encountered a boss and beaten them on the first 2 tries.  Some has taken as many as 20 tries.

So what i'm saying is try making your own mod.  you can even put some super normal enimies to encounter to liven up the battles.

PS:  if you do plan to do this remember to adjust bosses difficulty for 6 HP pluses and Big Guard.  So make sure bosses are doing around 50 to 190 percent of Damage and add soem random factors like effects , Barrier Breakers, and critical blows to give teh battle alittle kick.

edzwoo

Re: Problem with "The Skillster's & SmithiE's Hardcore Mod"
« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-08 18:40:33 »
Hmm...

Did you start with the scene.bin edited? I replaced the scene.bin file when I was already at Sector 7, and it worked perfectly fine until I got to the Temple of the Ancients...

Maybe I have to make a few identical scenes right there?