Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.6s)  (Read 611398 times)

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.6s)
« Reply #1875 on: 2018-03-15 11:14:29 »
The buster sword has it's power increased the more kills Cloud has (same as death penalty). In order to get the damage to a decent level in the beginning I increased the kill count. But you achieve limits normally.

KittyJaws

• Fast newbie
  • Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: 2018-03-15 16:45:07 »
So then i guess i should just mod in the limits, sense i'm over half the way to limit level 3, but haven't gotten level 2

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1877 on: 2018-03-19 07:45:16 »
So then i guess i should just mod in the limits, sense i'm over half the way to limit level 3, but haven't gotten level 2

Not sure what you mean here. You should have enough kills for level 3 but haven't got level 2 yet?
Since another person on Youtube reported the same thing (ish) I got a bit worried. What I did now was applying the patch to a vanilla steam install and the limits progress normally. In other words, I can't reproduce that bug (if it is a bug).

How did you patch the game? Was it with my patch application or another way? Did you patch the game and started from a save game? If you start from a save game Cloud's limit progression will be screwed. :P

EDIT:
Hi, i've been playing the mod and i checked on black chocobo and cloud currently has 270 kills, yet is stuck with his level one limit breaks. Have you changed the amount of kills it takes for cloud to get a limit level up, or have i broken cloud?

If you start a new game with this mod, Cloud should have 760 kills from the start.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-19 07:47:26 by gjoerulv »

KittyJaws

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: 2018-03-20 01:03:56 »
My game lost all its data when i installed new threat mod, and when i beat that mod i installed The hardcore mod without deleting my past data. So what i have right now are some NewThreat mod files in case i feel like revisiting the mod, along with my saves from this game. I also want to say that i didn't combine these two mods, and there seem to be 0 remnants left from new threat except of coarse the save files, and the names of certain custom magic such as pearl from new threat mod, but it is  shown in game as the normal spell names, and i can only see the old magic names from the Wall market application that can be used to change what certain spells cast (I havn't saved anything i have changed on that application either.) I used the patcher thingy that has that loading bar, and i started a new save file for this game. Now i feel like mabye i screwed something up with black chocobo idk

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1879 on: 2018-03-20 20:55:33 »
It sounds like you haven't done anything that could screw up Clouds limits when starting a new game (by "starting a new save" I assume you mean new game?).

Only ways I can think of atm that can make this happen are:

1) You patched the game with the application (the one you download from 1st post in this thread), and loaded a savefile instead of starting a new game.
2) You started a new game, then patched kernel.bin before achieving any new limit levels with Cloud.

In any case, if you use Black Chocobo set Cloud's kills to about 1080. That should make you close to 3rd level. Or just simply give yourself the limits.

Another sign that Cloud has too few kills as you start a New Game is that he does very littly damage with his Buster Sword (assuming you patched kernel.bin, but if that is the case non od this should have happened on New Game).

But don't feel bad about using Black Chocobo at this point, as something apparently went wrong.  8)
« Last Edit: 2018-03-20 20:58:00 by gjoerulv »

peepo2399

• i'm super cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: 2018-03-21 15:59:27 »
is there like a text file or google doc of all of the changes (and additions) made for this mod? like a list of new enemies/bosses, any changes in the percentage of items drops or just changes of drops in general, what materia have been renamed or changed, what materia have different AP amounts to master, etc etc. I tried looking at the info box that came with the installer but for one, it crashes 87% of the time I try to open it (which is probably an issue with my garbage computer), and it didn't really answer all of the questions that I had.

I'm not sure how much of this stuff can be answered y'know, for like spoiler reasons, but if there are things that can be answered I'd be very happy

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1881 on: 2018-03-27 16:50:49 »
This mod is close to the original FF7 when it comes to drops and steals. Any enemy editor should work fine as drop/steal documentation. For example Hojo v 1.1 or Proud Clod. However, this wont work if you use 7heaven as the editors reads file from disc while 7H is memoru injection.
All the "big secrets" are on New bosses.

peepo2399

• i'm super cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: 2018-03-27 17:05:24 »
This mod is close to the original FF7 when it comes to drops and steals. Any enemy editor should work fine as drop/steal documentation. For example Hojo v 1.1 or Proud Clod. However, this wont work if you use 7heaven as the editors reads file from disc while 7H is memoru injection.
All the "big secrets" are on New bosses.
Ah alright thank you very much!

KittyJaws

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: 2018-03-30 07:31:47 »
So I was grinding for diamond weapon, and seeing how hard the fight looked i decided to see if i could handle any materia caves... I tried the desert materia cave for hp<->mp and the boss was incredibly impossible to beat at that point in the game for me, but then i realized when i tried to run no message came up, but i could never run away. I then flew to rocket town, bought exit materia, tried it in the battle, and it worked. I got the mega-all and hp<->mp materia, without even needing to fight the boss. Is this a glich?
« Last Edit: 2018-03-30 08:00:45 by KittyJaws »

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: 2018-03-31 22:24:07 »
Hi, thank you for a great mod! I like that there is this huge variety in difficulty throughout the game. Nothing feels generic. :) I also appreciate the many surprises. I have stayed away from the forum until now, because of potential spoilers. I am at the exact same point in the game as KittyJaws. And the "Exit" materia trick/glitch? works for me too. But only in this particular cave. I also have a question regarding "Guidebook". Is it obtainable from the "Ghost ship"? I tried morphing it by calculating its health by casting poison and multiplying it by 32. However, the enemy seems to "die spontaneously" when its close to 0 HP.(no poison) Not letting me morph it. Am i doing something wrong? So I temporarily turned of HC mod and got the item, and turned it back on. Until i know it is obtainable. I am planning on kicking Emeralds &%* the long way. :)   
« Last Edit: 2018-04-01 15:54:05 by Osprey »

gjoerulv

• No life
  • me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1885 on: 2018-04-01 15:39:58 »
So I was grinding for diamond weapon, and seeing how hard the fight looked i decided to see if i could handle any materia caves... I tried the desert materia cave for hp<->mp and the boss was incredibly impossible to beat at that point in the game for me, but then i realized when i tried to run no message came up, but i could never run away. I then flew to rocket town, bought exit materia, tried it in the battle, and it worked. I got the mega-all and hp<->mp materia, without even needing to fight the boss. Is this a glich?

Yes, it is not intentional, aka bug, but I left it in just for the lols after I found out. But the boss should be beatable. All the materia cave bosses are beatable before Diamond. They require some planning and strategy is all, but there are ways of defeating them very early if you find the right strat.