Author Topic: Model rendering  (Read 6075 times)

hubadu

Model rendering
« on: 2007-08-20 13:02:03 »
Hi,

When I tried q-gears, I saw that the character model renderer was very "lite", and I wonder to know why your aren't asking the author, mirex, to provide the source code of his software "Leviathan" ?

http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1

Thanks and great job guys !

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Model rendering
« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-21 00:20:44 »
hubadu, as far as I know, Q-Gears doesn't apply any lighting to the models. That's why they look completly plain. I supose the lighting op-codes haven't been implemented yet (or they have no efect, at least). In the other hand, Leviathan can only display Battle models. This models don't need any more lighting because they have precalculated shadows painted directly over their vertices. I think Q-Gears doesn't display Battle models yet (correct me if I'm wrong)
« Last Edit: 2007-08-21 00:23:01 by Borde »

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: Model rendering
« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-23 01:07:29 »
  • Lighting models aren't applied to the field locations yet. I'm not sure about the transparent background/foreground data either.  Adding them might take a bit of work. Akari was discussing using Ogre for handling the dynamics instead of doing everything with custom code.  It has definate merits.  There are lots of things needed to make this work. As I faced the identical issues when I went to something like Ogre with my model viewer.
  • battle models are unimplemented, likely to be done when I finish a pile of other stuff or if someone else does it.
  • battle models are as said permanently lit
  • at least you see models :)
Cyb