Author Topic: Team Avalanche needs your help!  (Read 27274 times)

Mako

• View Profile
Re: Team Avalanche needs your help!
« Reply #25 on: 2009-12-07 07:04:00 »
I'd love to help I am very good at photoshop but from what I gather you guys are not using that program to redo the background files. I am no good at texturing or coding. I am however a very fast learner and would love to help. 

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-12-07 14:47:16 »
I also want to help. I was handling something on photoshop. I learn fast.
If you need my help let me know.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-12-08 01:56:23 »
That would be great guys, unfortunately I am out of town for a couple weeks so I cant find something for you to work on. The only thing I can think of at the moment is the icon for mini and frog for the battle square slots. They are the coloa.tex and colob.tex files in the menu_us.lgp. They would need to be resized to 1024x1024 and then converted to 24 bit. If you are able to find these yourselves then awesome, if not u will have to wait until i can get them and send them to you.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-12-08 05:54:18 »
That would be great guys, unfortunately I am out of town for a couple weeks so I cant find something for you to work on. The only thing I can think of at the moment is the icon for mini and frog for the battle square slots. They are the coloa.tex and colob.tex files in the menu_us.lgp. They would need to be resized to 1024x1024 and then converted to 24 bit. If you are able to find these yourselves then awesome, if not u will have to wait until i can get them and send them to you.

I found the file just fine but...I am sorry if this is off topic but how do you edit TEX files I think its using kimera but its not opening the file?

EDIT: Got It but the icons look like crap! They have almost no color?
« Last Edit: 2009-12-08 10:24:26 by Mako »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-12-08 19:54:15 »

I found the file just fine but...I am sorry if this is off topic but how do you edit TEX files I think its using kimera but its not opening the file?

EDIT: Got It but the icons look like crap! They have almost no color?

Yeah, because the tex files are palleted you basically need a screenshot and replicate it using that as a reference. The actual tex file is just for sizing.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-12-08 23:12:03 »
i'll check out the world map and see if i can find anything i haven't finished that you can take a stab at. The oceans need to be finished, but i'd like to be the one to do those.

I know that the lush jungles aren't finished yet, i'll post PNGs of the TEX files if you wanna give it a shot. I haven't been able to come up with anything i like yet, so maybe you can.

Lee

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-12-09 06:14:09 »
I'd love to take a stab at it I'm almost finished with the icon's you told me to do but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I might change the way something looks right before its done...Question I noticed that most or all of the icons you told me to do were already done by other people on the forum and they look great why didn't you just use there's for the project.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-12-09 06:16:53 »
excuse my current out of the loop-ness but which icons were those?

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-12-09 13:00:04 »
Sure its coloa and colob I see you did most of the icon's already. I've made some decent looking materia...Well anyway you guys already have a nice looking set of materia so I don't want to screw it up with my newb materia. I'm just tweaking the ring icon now and the accessory icon.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-09 13:03:31 by Mako »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-12-09 21:37:34 »
Sure its coloa and colob I see you did most of the icon's already. I've made some decent looking materia...Well anyway you guys already have a nice looking set of materia so I don't want to screw it up with my newb materia. I'm just tweaking the ring icon now and the accessory icon.

The only icons left are the mini-cloud and the frog icon. The rest of them have been done.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-12-11 19:42:43 »

here's one of the base jungle textures if you interested in remaking it.
I need it upsized by a factor of 8 so the final image needs to be 512x512.  If attempting this, please don't just resize it and run it through filters, i've already know how to do that.

good luck!

iwuzhere9

« Reply #36 on: 2009-12-24 18:55:38 »
I am (pretty terrible) but I still want to help out with this project, so for the jungle texture, does it need the green outline still?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-12-24 21:28:00 »
sorry, the jungle texture has already been completed, i'll see if i can find anything else...

iwuzhere9

« Reply #38 on: 2009-12-24 22:08:50 »
Probably better they did it (I have the feeling mine would have ended up worse than the original >_< )

Xenobond

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio Site
« Reply #39 on: 2010-01-14 00:29:42 »
You guys still looking for help? I'd be down for some sweet FF reworkings!
Let me know if you want to see some of my work.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-01-14 01:11:50 »
You guys still looking for help? I'd be down for some sweet FF reworkings!
Let me know if you want to see some of my work.

Absolutely, the more people the faster we can get this done. Shoot me a PM with some examples and an idea of what types of stuff you are interested in working on and I will see what I can dig up.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #41 on: 2010-01-14 02:49:36 »
well, i wish i could help but, i don't know crap bout modding (at least no where near enough to help with anything... at all.... ever)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-01-14 02:52:38 »
well, i wish i could help but, i don't know crap bout modding (at least no where near enough to help with anything... at all.... ever)

You dont really need to know anything about modding. If you are an artist we can use you. I can take care of the putting it into the game aspect.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #43 on: 2010-01-14 02:53:38 »

You dont really need to know anything about modding. If you are an artist we can use you. I can take care of the putting it into the game aspect.

well, i draw anime sometimes, though im not the greatist at it

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-01-14 03:15:36 »
Well, whats left o.o,

the summons and magic are done, there is sitll enemy spells i think, and a few odd 2d images, apart from that with the world map nearing completion, more of what needs work is the field backgrounds and 3d textures. So either if you have epic skill at making mat paintings, or you wanna try out texturing (i'd suggest the latter, texturing isnt that hard, and thers a lot of reference material to work from)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #45 on: 2010-01-14 03:18:39 »
Well, whats left o.o,

the summons and magic are done, there is sitll enemy spells i think, and a few odd 2d images, apart from that with the world map nearing completion, more of what needs work is the field backgrounds and 3d textures. So either if you have epic skill at making mat paintings, or you wanna try out texturing (i'd suggest the latter, texturing isnt that hard, and thers a lot of reference material to work from)

lol, i draw a little when im bored in math class (evil, evil math) i doupt i got the skills

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-01-14 06:01:30 »
its always worth a try!

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #47 on: 2010-01-14 06:03:06 »
its always worth a try!

true.. though i draw using a pencil and can't be relied on for color (god i hate being colorblinde)

FinalTide

« Reply #48 on: 2010-01-25 18:11:35 »
I am down for helping with this mod. Know my way around blender, PS, know the basics of sketch-up, etc.  I am a fast learner, so as long as there's enough project side documentation (seems to be quite a bit) or "tutoring" available for project specific techniques being used I can help with whatever in the gfx 2d-3d more-so modeling department.

Reading through much of the documentation now.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-01-25 18:57:43 »
I am down for helping with this mod. Know my way around blender, PS, know the basics of sketch-up, etc.  I am a fast learner, so as long as there's enough project side documentation (seems to be quite a bit) or "tutoring" available for project specific techniques being used I can help with whatever in the gfx 2d-3d more-so modeling department.

Reading through much of the documentation now.

Is there something specific that you wish to work on? And to all the other project members do you have something you wish him to attempt? The only thing i can think of right now is they may want some help with sketchup on the backgrounds. I have not done much on the project lately so i may be out of the loop. When i get my new laptop I will probably get back into it more but this pile of crap I am using right now just frustrates me.