Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.90)  (Read 539677 times)

guynoirnpr

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.90)
« Reply #1300 on: 2018-06-08 04:42:30 »
Sithlord98 you have done a great job with Black Chocobo. Your post from March seemed to indicate that you were going to have Windows binaries available in continuous. But, there are no Windows binaries on github only Linux and Mac.

Been using 1.9.90 and one problem I have is trying to add Enemy Skills to the materia. When I select a character that has the enemy skills materia installed and then select the command materia and then select the enemy skills, all of the enemy skills show up with no way to tell which ones have already been learned. There is also no way to learn new enemy skills with 1.9.90. Also in the materia edit screen, there is no way to select the number of the materia you are going to edit. I have 3 Enemy Skills Materia right now, so it makes a difference which of the 3 I am editing. Unless there is something I am missing. :'(
« Last Edit: 2018-06-08 05:07:04 by guynoirnpr »

sithlord48

• No life
  • Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1301 on: 2018-06-10 20:21:46 »
Haven't had the time to make the required files.
When I select a character that has the enemy skills materia installed and then select the command materia and then select the enemy skills, all of the enemy skills show up with no way to tell which ones have already been learned. There is also no way to learn new enemy skills with 1.9.90. Also in the materia edit screen, there is no way to select the number of the materia you are going to edit. I have 3 Enemy Skills Materia right now, so it makes a difference which of the 3 I am editing. Unless there is something I am missing. :'(.
Yes you are doing that completely wrong. Select the materia from the equipment or from the list to edit it. If you use the Combo boxes your making new materia in that slot.

check the user guide for how it works
http://blackchocobo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=User_Guide#Overview_4
http://blackchocobo.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=User_Guide#Detailed_information

Yes I am aware i need screen shot updates.

EDIT:: Windows continuous build should be working again
« Last Edit: 2018-06-12 13:54:21 by sithlord48 »

Zara9

• Insane poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 2018-06-25 16:33:53 »
is there anyway you guys could add in ps4 saves support on this ff7 save editor please

sithlord48

• No life
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1303 on: 2018-06-26 14:41:57 »
is there anyway you guys could add in ps4 saves support on this ff7 save editor please
On the playstation 4 version there is alot of encryption that needs to be stripped away before you can edit the save. Since unlike the ps3 release this uses the standard ps4 save format there is much higher hope that this will one day be possible.

daophilac

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 2018-07-12 16:15:04 »
A lot of things have happened. I was careless. I think it's not a good idea to decribe in detail, so I'll go simple.
I've just known that save files on Cloud CAN NOT be deleted, but I want to "clean" it. I'm sure this problem is server side, can not be done by end user. So, is there still a way to manipulate and make the server confused so it'll decide to "clean" my account? Or can you hack into their server and erase all of my save files for me  ;D LOL
Haha, actually 100% people would recommend not to use Cloud Saving, and I've also decided to do that too. I'm just curious.

sithlord48

• No life
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1305 on: 2018-07-12 23:53:53 »
I think the best you could do it upload a save(s) of nothing. Use the "Clear Slot" option (Alt+Delete). Do this to all the slots and you will have a blank savefile.

daophilac

• View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 2018-07-13 00:38:20 »
Yeah, I've already done that, just to make it look as not having any save files as possible. Whatever, cloud saving sucks, I won't use it for sure.

codemann8

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.90)
« Reply #1307 on: 2018-09-28 12:39:00 »
Someone was having an issue with opening PS3 saves in BlackChocobo where the program just crashes after opening.  You replied below...
Please check that you have the newest version of black chocobo. Your saves work here correctly and i was able to import the all into one file with out issue. I cna't make you a steam folder you ahve to do that yoru self.

first open black chocobo then use file->import to current slot . and pick your first psv file.
then hit alt + right (move slot #2) and import your next psv
do the same for how ever many psv files your have
Save as PC format. save it whereever
then use file-> create cloud save folder . select your save path . it should pick out your id for you (its the numbers after user_ in your save path) then for file 1 select the pc file you just made.

I'm having the same issue but following your steps does not stop the program from crashing.  I've uploaded my saves to DropBox

The particular one I'm trying to modify is the SAVE06, which is the one ending in 6 I believe.

My goal is not to convert to Steam like the last person.  I'm trying to modify a PS3 save file and move it back to the PS3.

sithlord48

• No life
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1308 on: 2018-09-29 12:20:38 »
Please make sure you are using the "Continuous" build
https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/releases/tag/continuous
Ive tested and all your files (including the Spryo save) and they open just fine and do not crash the program.

codemann8

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 2018-09-29 17:13:02 »
Hmm, that was odd, I did use the Continuous build yesterday along with a few other versions, it must've not all exported from the zip correctly.  But I have successfully opened my save file, so thank you very much.  However, upon making the necessary modifications, I am attempting to save the changes to overwrite the PSV file and there was a mention of a PS3 key and seed.  I did notice this in the options yesterday when I was playing around with the program.  I'm guessing it needs this to compute some sort of checksum in the PSV structure header.  I determined that when I made hex changes directly with another hex editor but my PS3 then recognizes the modified save file as corrupted data.  My question is, how do I know what the key and seed should be?  And is this possible to save off a valid "uncorrupted" modified save file that I can transfer back to my PS3?

As for the PS3 key and seed: I clicked the links on the program and they led to pages that didn't make any sense to me.  Seems like a reference sheet for something, but not much description as to what it should mean to me.

I also found this topic, but the links on ps3devwiki.com lead all seem to redirect me to dell.com or clickconfirmation.com

Also, my PS3 is version 4.82
« Last Edit: 2018-09-30 03:59:33 by codemann8 »

sithlord48

• No life
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1310 on: 2018-09-30 17:12:29 »
No one knows the keys or seed used to generate the keys.. go try seeds and keys on that page . if you find a working combo let me know.