Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save editor - Hyne (1.11.2)  (Read 550486 times)

Tesadar

• View Profile
Re: [1.6.1] Hyne - My ff8 save file editor
« Reply #150 on: 2013-01-10 10:40:35 »
Ok, anyone who likes can bash me now -.-'..... i have an old epsxe folder on my pc and a new one.... of course i am using the new version, but i saved the files to the folder of the old version...... yeah no wonder it didn't work.anyway thanks for the tip, i would have never gotten the idea to check the savepath once more.....
sadly now the files won't be read by my ps3 and i do not have a psp, but nothings perfect...
« Last Edit: 2013-01-10 10:42:27 by Tesadar »

SquallATF

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2013-01-14 01:36:53 »
editor will crash when open psx save data with PocketStation Chocobo World

the save data

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #152 on: 2013-01-14 17:45:04 »
This crash is already fixed in my local version of Hyne, it will be released soon (with a macOSX version).

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2013-02-18 00:41:30 »
Darn, my original post got deleted due to the Database issue.

This tool works great for the PSP PSN version as well. You do need CWCheat however, because it messes up with VMP files due to the security/hash on it.
Use a converter to convert the .VMP save to .MCR, then mod all you need, and put it back on your PSP in the CWCheat/MemCard folder. From there you can safely load it without issues.

I was wondering if it's also possible to change other character's costumes? (Like Rinoa's white dress).
I'm not sure what Locked 1 (Switch Menu) / Locked 2 (Switch Menu) stands for... Maybe it's one of those.

Would be cool to play the game in their SeeD uniforms too.

But yeah, awesome work, best editor out their hands down.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #154 on: 2013-02-18 09:13:35 »
Ok, I repost the removed posts:

Quote from: Aladore
I think that in-game scripting make only default clothes available on most screens. So you'd probably have to modify game data as well. But I can't be positive on thay, and won't be able to guide any further.

Quote from: myst6re
It's impossible, as Aladore say,  and "locked" are for the PHS menu, when you want to change your team in game.

Quote from: akodinito
I am using windows 7 and when I am trying to export a pc save file with the latest version of Hyne (1.6.1), the program crashes. I have read above that you have fixed crashes. Is it possible to release this version?

Do you use the File > Export... menu or the context menu in the save list? I think you can try with the context menu (right click on your save, export to PC save...).
The next version coming soon.

Quote from: akodinito
I'm trying to export my pc save files to .vm1 from Files menu, then Export. Exporting to any other format also crashes the program.

You can using the 1.6 version, normally it doesn't crash. Or wait for the next version (I think it'll be ready this week-end).

Hyne 1.7 Changelog:
  • [Editor] Adding Duel Auto option for Zell's limit break
  • [Editor] New page editor: Preview editor
  • [Header Editor] Fixed crash when enter to the properties menu
  • [Header Editor] The short description of a save is now editable
  • [Header Editor] Using the current save ID in the identifier list
  • Some changes related to multi-slots saves
  • Hyne uses less of memory
  • [Windows 7+] The current save icon is displayed in overlay of the application icon
  • Doesn't ask for language if there is just one available
  • Hacks for Mac OS version
  • Some internal changes
  • The "new game" save contains character and gf names in french, there are replaced by the translated names

Hyne 1.7 is released! Download it now!

Ryudo

• View Profile
Re: [1.7] Hyne - My ff8 save file editor
« Reply #155 on: 2013-02-19 01:26:51 »
Hmm I tried to change the Models, but it didn't apply in-game. :(

Any way to get the SeeD uniforms and stuff to work?

aladore384

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2013-02-19 18:00:04 »
Hmm I tried to change the Models, but it didn't apply in-game. :(

Any way to get the SeeD uniforms and stuff to work?

As said before, this has nothing to do with Hyne or any savegame editor.

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2013-02-19 19:01:34 »
Ah right, just saw it. That's unfortunate.

OmniWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2013-03-07 04:46:56 »
Love this editor. Wish the one I am working on for Suikoden 2 looked as shiny!!

JustPassingBy

« Reply #159 on: 2013-03-21 18:21:48 »
I have used Hyne to make 13 year old FFVIII saves from a DexDrive image usable (FFVIII in pcsx-rearmed reported them as damaged), and managed to recreate my extremely important end of disc 3 save from the last disc 4 save I left (I overwrote it in the worst disaster of my past gaming life) - I was absolutely astounded when Hyne enabled me to literally reverse time (across Time Dilation!) and get back there.

I must now donate £40 to myst6re - please can you give me a PayPal email address.

Thank you very much for your libre program - I only support those under a FLOS license.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-21 18:41:13 by JustPassingBy »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #160 on: 2013-03-21 18:58:49 »
I have used Hyne to make 13 year old FFVIII saves from a DexDrive image usable (FFVIII in pcsx-rearmed reported them as damaged), and managed to recreate my extremely important end of disc 3 save from the last disc 4 save I left (I overwrote it in the worst disaster of my past gaming life) - I was absolutely astounded when Hyne enabled me to literally reverse time (across Time Dilation!) and get back there.

I must now donate £40 to myst6re - please can you give me a PayPal email address.

Thank you very much for your libre program - I only support those under a FLOS license.

I sent you a PM.

JustPassingBy

« Reply #161 on: 2013-03-21 19:06:06 »
Looks like I cant reply to it (too n00b on this forum I bet), but sorted. I have no qualms donating - while practically (and sadly) FFVIII is irrelevant nowadays, the ability to use my saves and do the impossible and reverse that farce is hugely symbolic. Thank you again. I even began to knock up my own memory card image parser to start to attack why FFVIII+pcsx-rearmed didnt want to use the saves (for reference, just saving without any change in Hyne is enough to fix the saves from the images).

Just when I finished the extract functionality, I thought to google for a save editor (my brain was thinking about memory card images), and I immediately lol'd when I found yours.... about a million years beyond whatever I was planning.

tuan1998pro

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2013-06-07 16:32:50 »
hey man, i know it's been month since the last post appear, I just wanna ask something. I've just finished the dollet mission and accidentally edited the save to proceed story till galbadia point and the mission clothes stay like that since forever. Can u help me to  change my normal clothes back

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #163 on: 2013-06-07 18:43:18 »
In "Characters" section, you have a checkbox named "Alternative model (SeeD, Galbadian)", uncheck it for each character to have normal clothes.

tuan1998pro

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2013-06-08 14:01:09 »
oh that was easy, thanks

MacWorldPeace

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2013-07-06 14:00:55 »
Hello im lost using HYNE everytime i edit my save to another place , its not working im still at the same place , im following all the instructions i don't know what im doing wrong currently at destroyed trabia garden missing the scene where selphie supposed to be talking to the trabia peeps but mine skipped thats why i need to edit this thanks for helping godbless! im using EPSXE 1.8.0 CD-ROM and i have isos too.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2013-07-06 16:04:44 »
Did you change both the location and the game variable? Where did you change the location? The party menu or the preview menu? I recommend changing both along with the game progress variable.

arthuro59

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2013-07-17 20:08:37 »
Hi,

I have an issue when I play after I used Hyne.

I'm in the second dream of Laguna, at the first fight with Estharian soldier, the ennemy appears, but my characters (Laguna, Kyros and Ward) don't. I tried to play a fight before the dream with Squall's team and it worked. I think it's because of the save because when I check Ward's weapon, it says 'e' instead of his weapon 'Harpoon'

Any ideas ? Or do I have to restart, nota long time lost but still.

Edit: Don't bother, I fixed it. I remember I changed the Unknow 2 field in the Unknow region in 'Miscellenous' ? (between CHocobo World and configuration, sorry I use the french version), I put the 32 like I see in an other save and it was back to normal.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-18 16:56:34 by arthuro59 »

knightemotion001

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2013-07-19 07:53:20 »
Does this editor comes with the change name of other characters? not including seifer

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2013-07-21 17:46:36 »
You can change Squall and Rinoa's names, but not any other. That's not a limitation in Hyne, that's just how the game was made.

andreasaspenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2013-08-06 16:59:26 »
good tool. it enables me to sequence break so that i can get a mobile balamb garden on cd 1 with balamb garden and galbadia garden still on the map. one issue i did encounter with that however was that if i land and reenter balamb garden i cant leave it again. i just tested it on the demo and it doesnt work with the saves from the demo. you should fix that.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-09 14:17:19 by andreasaspenberg »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #171 on: 2013-08-12 08:07:28 »
i just tested it on the demo and it doesnt work with the saves from the demo. you should fix that.

This should be difficult, since I have not the demo (PS or PC?).

JustPassingBy

« Reply #172 on: 2013-08-12 12:05:14 »
I can provide this if you need - please PM (hopefully I'll get emailed). Not that I'd understand why you should also support the demo :)

andreasaspenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2013-08-12 13:12:12 »
the pc demo is easy to find. i found it myself in a short time. i could provide a link if you want me to though.

llmoose

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2013-09-04 06:15:38 »
Hi guys, great forum that I have only just discovered...I am a long time lover of FFVIII and recently downloaded it on PSN.

I really want to get a save state that gives me all the cards, lots of money and all GF skills completed (but not available). Basically I want to play through the game without having too grind too much and just enjoy it... To be honest I have played the first disc so many times I want to fly through that as quick as possible.

My only problem is that I don't have a PSP to convert the save into a proper .psv file that will work in my PS3 and can't find anything suitable anywhere to download.

Can anyone please help me with either of these save states that would work on an Australia (PAL) PS3 console.

The perfect save I am after;

- Start of disc 2 with all GFs having completed abilities (so that when I acquire them I don't have to grind AP)
- All missables up until that point collected.
- lots of money
- enough cards that I don't have to play triple triad unless I want too.

If that is too difficult then I'll compromise for a start of D1 save point with the same stuff.

Definitely happy to donate to the cause if someone can help me out with this...Will give like $20 to someone who can do what I need!