Author Topic: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction  (Read 207738 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/ALPHA REL]Battle Interface Reconstruction
« Reply #250 on: 2011-03-10 13:31:29 »
Important:

I have cleaned up TA's files so that instead of needing 88 pngs it only needs  60.  The problem is that people want to use my font but my font will not be of any help to anyone not able to use this menu reconstruction project, because the text is smaller and will change the layout of the menus etc.  You are free to use it on a non english game by adding the foreign letters back, but I can't say it will look that good.

I am not wasting any more of my time trying to fix TA or cater to anyone outside this project.  However, I will allow 1 thing.  I will release my adobe files soon, and someone may make my font letters the same as the 4 originals.  Then, I will edit the font table, make it look good for foreign languages etc.

This means that someone else has to use my adobe files to make my font larger.  At the moment they are all 72 points (except o) and foreign letters have not been done.  It is not hard to do.  With the template and all the letters ready for an edit, a bit of work will solve it for you (all you are doing is making the font size of each letter larger.  Simple.).  I can edit the table for you at the end.  Along with adobe I will send you a patcher which will make the game ready to use the font file in both menu and field.  It is up to someone else who wants to proceed with this, but I am ending support completely for the non english game aside from table edits.  I have too much work on my hands, and English game is all I am interested in.

TA will also be receiving a new patch and files, so that their new installer is smaller and with less files.

Sneak preview at font, which is finished.  Now for the numbers:

« Last Edit: 2011-03-11 14:34:40 by DLPB »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2011-03-11 17:10:13 »
Important:

I have cleaned up TA's files so that instead of needing 88 pngs it only needs  60.  The problem is that people want to use my font but my font will not be of any help to anyone not able to use this menu reconstruction project, because the text is smaller and will change the layout of the menus etc.  You are free to use it on a non english game by adding the foreign letters back, but I can't say it will look that good.

I am not wasting any more of my time trying to fix TA or cater to anyone outside this project.  However, I will allow 1 thing.  I will release my adobe files soon, and someone may make my font letters the same as the 4 originals.  Then, I will edit the font table, make it look good for foreign languages etc.

This means that someone else has to use my adobe files to make my font larger.  At the moment they are all 72 points (except o) and foreign letters have not been done.  It is not hard to do.  With the template and all the letters ready for an edit, a bit of work will solve it for you (all you are doing is making the font size of each letter larger.  Simple.).  I can edit the table for you at the end.  Along with adobe I will send you a patcher which will make the game ready to use the font file in both menu and field.  It is up to someone else who wants to proceed with this, but I am ending support completely for the non english game aside from table edits.  I have too much work on my hands, and English game is all I am interested in.

TA will also be receiving a new patch and files, so that their new installer is smaller and with less files.

Sneak preview at font, which is finished.  Now for the numbers:

Don`t know how you do it, but to be able to work on several projects at once is already a huge feat.  I too don`t see the point in making your projects multi-lingual either.  It`s just too much work for one person. =/

Also, if you did happen to cater to all languages, then you`d never get anything done IMO.

As for my Japanese, I`d say it`s average at BEST....      >.>   I`ve forgotton a lot of what I knew because of non-usage.  It`s been a LONG time since I`ve done anything that require translating, but my English is good!  I could do an English quality check and give you my opinions.

@correction from earlier
When you stare, you stare AT something.

Ex:
"He`s staring the table."
"He`s staring at the table."

Both are grammatically correct, but the latter has better syntax.  It`s the same as my other post in DLPB's retranslation thread earlier when I argued between his "fire molotov" and "molotov cocktail."  Fire and molotov in this case are adjectives describing what kind of item it is; however, in all honesty, no one says "fire molotov" because it`s redundant.  When it comes to languages, you just have to remember that it comes in two parts.  One is grammar, and then other is syntax.

I would further explain my argument, but this isn`t the appropriate thread to do so.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2011-03-11 23:21:45 »
Yeah well, I started the menu project with Kranmer to fix the menus for the retranslation, but then that ended up being 1 project.  Then I had FMV to sort the ending movie translation and that became a new project, then we have this font project to fix the menu better and that has become a project,

All of this was linked in some way to retranslation.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2011-03-11 23:32:20 »
Yeah.... sometimes, you just got to take it easy.

Also, it looks as if the barrier bars are overlapping the HP bar a bit and the mana goes outside of the bar itself....                     o.o

Maybe it`s just me.... I might need to get my eyes checked again.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2011-03-11 23:50:52 »
No, that picture is just a test, it is nowhere near the finished product.  It is just demonstrating the font :P

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2011-03-12 03:03:03 »
This is looking really good. I like the font too, great work.

@WatashiWaZero - "I see meteor staring me right in the face" is the correct iteration because "staring me right in the face" is a commonly used expression. "Staring at me right in the face" may be more grammatically correct, but in this instance it is wrong to use at because it's robotic and unnatural sounding. "Staring at me right in the face" actually makes no sense, but I can see why you're confused.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2011-03-12 03:33:34 »
Well I can tell you all one thing, you are going to really really like the finished product.  I have slaved my ass off, other day 12 hours straight (28 hours awake other day).  But it is finally paying off.  The new interface looks much better with the new font observe (and NOTE that this is not aligned properly yet, lots of work to do):

I am now gonna get pissed on that nice bottle of wine I have and watch some Babylon 5.  Happy days!

« Last Edit: 2011-03-12 03:38:33 by DLPB »

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2011-03-12 08:21:37 »
That font looks really good.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #258 on: 2011-03-12 08:25:57 »

Not just good; it looks better than the original font!

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
« Reply #259 on: 2011-03-12 19:48:27 »

you alright.. it's very :o impressive

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2011-03-12 23:08:00 »
Of course it is.  I am OCD and make sure of every pixel.  At least I think I have ;)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #261 on: 2011-03-12 23:28:26 »
Looks fantastic, but it does make the backgrounds look even worse than before by comparison heh.  Hopefully the backgrounds project will solve that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2011-03-13 00:10:22 »
It will... however, in game dialogue will not look good with those huge captions.  Not a problem for me cause of the retranslation project but Ill speak to squall and see what he suggests.

-Ric-

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2011-03-13 07:04:47 »
Well I can tell you all one thing, you are going to really really like the finished product.  I have slaved my ass off, other day 12 hours straight (28 hours awake other day).  But it is finally paying off.  The new interface looks much better with the new font observe (and NOTE that this is not aligned properly yet, lots of work to do):

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/1245/44444j.png

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8514/888w.png

I am now gonna get pissed on that nice bottle of wine I have and watch some Babylon 5.  Happy days!

VERY impressive work!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2011-03-13 16:54:08 »
Nice job man

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2011-03-13 23:32:27 »
Awesome work !!! Now make it like this "similiar" And your a god!!!  8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKVKLPB8llo&feature=related

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2011-03-14 00:41:18 »
pretty much impossible for me, and even time consuming for someone like aali.  Would take major rewrites.

But this still looks good :P

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2011-03-14 18:15:13 »
pretty much impossible for me, and even time consuming for someone like aali.  Would take major rewrites.

But this still looks good :P

Is it the animation what is hard to do? What are the limitations for the design?

Awesome work !!! Now make it like this "similiar" And your a god!!!  8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKVKLPB8llo&feature=related

Hmmm... Using gradient on the font and background made it look realy good=)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2011-03-14 18:25:17 »
Simple is always better...  When you get down to using gradients you are running risks with simplicity.   You can always alter my finished pictures in adobe and add a gradient.

As for why it is hard, the cursor programming, the backgrounds, the extra images from textures, all of these would need  rewrites.  It could be done but not by me :P you would need to program a lot of it from scratch. 

I could replicate SOME of that video but it would be a lot of work and I would need to be a good artist for the graphics, plus the ends do not justify the means.  There are a whole bunch of things to consider, not least that the current menu looks like FF7 and that other does not.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-14 18:27:35 by DLPB »

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2011-03-14 21:48:53 »
Simple is always better...  When you get down to using gradients you are running risks with simplicity.   You can always alter my finished pictures in adobe and add a gradient.

That would be great ^^

Tryed on that image:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2011-03-14 21:50:17 »

That would be great ^^

Tryed on that image:

When I have finished the whole thing, I will give you the whole bunch of images, and let you do your thing, and add your modified font as an option ;)   I like what I see.  Maybe simple isn't always better... choice is :P
« Last Edit: 2011-03-14 21:54:57 by DLPB »

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2011-03-14 22:12:55 »
ok, just send the link over pm, and it will be done in 1-3 days=)

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2011-03-15 11:47:29 »
Looks awesome felix :D you guys done awesome work!!!  8-)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2011-03-15 13:27:50 »
this is the first time I really looked at the back end of this thread (thought the first post was all there was to it) and I must say the work is quite impressive. I am more of an enthusiast than a professional when it comes to modding but if their is any simple yet tedious tasks you need help on, please feel free to bug me for help :D

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2011-03-16 01:59:30 »
I like what I see.  Maybe simple isn't always better... choice is :P

Right you are  :D

Felix does seem to be very gifted with with texture and graphic design, you guys teaming up can only be a good thing I think.

This new battle interface will show off all of his new battle scene textures too :D