Author Topic: Handicapable Cloud + Nanaki + Armoured Nanaki  (Read 26571 times)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Re: Handicapable Cloud + Nanaki
« Reply #25 on: 2012-11-10 18:12:58 »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-11-11 15:46:33 »
think nanaki should be left unchanged, or changed somewhat?

i did this in about 5 minutes to see on a basic level how he would look with armour.

done properly, it'll be better shaped to his body, have underside armour, it'll go over part of his tail and i'd probably put a small sash and scabbard over his shoulder and have him hold a knife in his mouth in battle.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-11-11 18:59:27 »
A few plates on his thighs and maybe a 'helm' and it'd look pretty sharp!

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-11-11 20:01:01 »
I tried a helmet, and it just didn't really work because it 'covers up' (aka, deletes) his head hair, which is pretty iconic for Nanaki.

This is what I have so far, and I'm considering giving him a little scabbard and a knife in his mouth, kinda like Repede, from Tales of Vesperia.

Anyone for the idea?
« Last Edit: 2012-11-12 13:32:29 by kuroda masahiro »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012-11-12 01:01:02 »
How about a cyborg eye?

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012-11-12 07:58:10 »
Where in Final Fantasy 7 am I supposed to get a Cyborg eye from? Only good ones are off certain robotic enemies, and they are pretty low poly and look pretty bad, and most of them aren't even red, like the stereotypical cyborg eyes in things like Terminator.

And for the time being, I gave Yuffie a redesign, but i'm working on making her more ninja-esc, FF7 isn't very generous in that department and i'll have to splice just about everything I want to use for it.

for instance, for the forearm, I'll need to take Pollensca's forearm, recolour it to Yuffie's skin tone,  cut it in half and recolour the other half to be almost black, then I'll have to take something else, such as either Tifa's Couter, or from another enemy, such as Motorball, reshape it to fit around Yuffie's Forearm as a realistic lower cannon of vambrace, and for the hand, I can just take the final battle sephiroth's hand and then recolour all but the fingers black and resize them.

But, for the chest, that's going to be more annoing because i'll have to take Shiva's midriff, recolour it, then find something that can work for the  short shirt the ninja had, resize and reshape it to fit around Yuffie until it fits better.

luckily the legs can just be a recoloured version of what I already have.

Note, I can model pretty well, but for FF7 mods, I always splice for the key reason that it's hard to get decent baked lightning and ensure that the model fits the mdel standards of FF7 and its just easier to ensure this by splicing.

for things like resident evil or silent hill, I always just model my mods.

domapples

• View Profile
Re: Handicapable Cloud + Nanaki + Armoured Nanaki
« Reply #31 on: 2012-11-22 04:37:04 »
Just so you know your mod and you yourself are epic.

Handicapable Cloud genius!

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 2012-11-22 04:55:43 »
I'm interested in the release of all three of these mods. Hopefully you have them in two places if you aren't ready to release them yet, because whitERaven had tons of half-completed mod models he didn't release or store online and he lost them all in a Hard Drive crash.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-11-22 05:31:43 »
LoL ;D ;D ;D can't help but laugh on those cloud and nanaki with wheels.. you really made good use of the available parts in game.. I personally like what you did with vincent , looks badass.

I really set a bad example on the hdd crash, LoL this is the second post where I saw my name in a "don't do what this guy did" warning, LoL ;D ;D ;D somehow this makes me look stupid..

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-11-22 10:14:36 »
...Why is it that I had to defend the idea of cloud being in a wheelchair several times, and have 10 days of silence, and THEN people start getting interested in this!?

(shakes head) I am disappoint.

Oh, out of interest, for the mod compilation I was doing (which had civilian cloud, casual tifa, Sephy-Vinny, etc)

Should I have Aeris or Jenova?

if it has Aeris...

And this is Jenova.

Which would you rather be used?

And I guess I'll just have to release Handicapable Cloud + Nanaki as well as Armoured Nanaki. =P

I just need to fix up a couple other things, but i'll let that go by the public as well.

Chocobo racing...

Would you rather it have chocobos, motorcycles or wheelchairs for handicapable cloud? (and the motorcycle would have fixed animations, not like other mods in which it was bobbing all over the place.)

if it has wheelchairs, then i need to get every other thing sorted for wheelchair racing (fusing together the legs more than anything, which is annoying) as well as fixing animations.

if i keep chocobos, then I just need to change an animation or two.

If i put in motorcycles, then I just need to go into my older mods and get the file out, since its 100% ready. =P