Author Topic: FFIX PC petion  (Read 27115 times)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« on: 2001-01-27 20:56:00 »
Some one beat me to it!http://www.petitiononline.com/FF9PC/petition.html

90 sigs right now!

Simon

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #1 on: 2001-01-28 17:21:00 »
Wow, now there is 135

ryasko

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffpchelp.com
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #2 on: 2001-01-29 03:58:00 »
181 Signatures now!  :D
I'm glad someone is trying to get Square's attention.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #3 on: 2001-01-29 16:58:00 »
theyll be getting mine anytime now!

FFIX PC petion
« Reply #4 on: 2001-01-29 07:02:00 »
Well, I don't think that this is worth starting another topic, so for whoever wanted to sign the petition for the FF7 Remake (eerrrr, that means you  :wink:), here it is:
 http://www.petitiononline.com/ff7gold/petition.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.petitiononline.com/ff7gold/petition.html

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #5 on: 2001-01-29 08:22:00 »
187 Signatures .. Slowing down? I hope not. Spread the word people.. but i highly doubt square would listen anyway

I'm # 2 on the remake one. LoL that ones going places  :) ah well.

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #6 on: 2001-01-29 17:17:00 »
About the FF7 remake petition, I found it's hard to agree with some of the points the petition maker proposed. So I don't sign it.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #7 on: 2001-01-29 21:12:00 »
I dont agree to alot of the thing in that remake either.

And there about 210 sigs now. Spread the word!
I already posted at all the forums I visit.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #8 on: 2001-01-30 06:54:00 »
But an FF7 remake is already in the works.....but I'm sure the only thing that will change, is the graphics. Hopefully they will add some alternative endings are a more conclusive ending.....

Joey

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #9 on: 2001-01-30 09:51:00 »
Well, 255 petitions now!

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #10 on: 2001-01-30 11:16:00 »
262 (including my last one)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #11 on: 2001-01-30 11:20:00 »
Well i didnt really agree with the remake petition either.. but with only 2 sigs i didnt think it was making it very far.. i just liked the idea i dont think they will base it off the petition i just hoped they would make it.. and for the pc too dammit!

DeTRiTiC-iQ

FFIX PC petion
« Reply #12 on: 2001-01-31 02:19:00 »
Hmmm i should point out that the Obi-Wan petition had over 8000 signatures at my last check and it had no effect... petitions work, but only if there is a HUGE response

jose

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #13 on: 2001-01-31 16:25:00 »
i THINK evry one should sign it i mean cmon ff7 waz a true masetrpiece and i want it made againg BTW i signed it  :)  :)

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #14 on: 2001-01-31 07:17:00 »
Dude, how many times do I......

It's already been announced, by Square, that a remake of FF7 is being made for the PS2. I doubt there will be any change/continuation in story, though.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #15 on: 2001-01-31 07:20:00 »
i'm 274 my friend is 284 and we're spreading the word... how many will it take... 20,000?

Well this is a good start.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #16 on: 2001-01-31 20:42:00 »
Can some body post it at FFonline?
I was gonna but i claimed all 3 of my emails were banned in some point(EG the .co.uk in one the BT in another. No response from my email yet)

Oh yea and 324 sigs now. Almost at 500. I should email that author and my be say to him laeve it for a month may get more than 500 sigs....

The Skillster

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #17 on: 2001-01-31 22:42:00 »
was the site gonna be taken down, i mean the petition site.
yeah i was gonna say post it on ffonline and ffnet.net place

FFIX PC petion
« Reply #18 on: 2001-01-31 22:49:00 »
cHiBiMaRuKo, Sir Canealot, Caddberry, and anyone else who has problems with the FF7 petition: Would you mind telling me your problems with it? I'm part of the group who set it up. It's just been started, so it would be relatively easy to close the first and make a new one...

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #19 on: 2001-02-01 11:43:00 »
I only agree with points number 2 and 4 ( and also the point of releasing the remake on PC ). Others are completely outrageous or will ruin the game or just plain impossible.

Point #1.
For me, Aeris death on the end of Disc 1 is one of the events that make FF7 very unique. What game else which will kill one of their top characters in the middle of the game? Even very few Hollywood movies do that. Aeris death also give more purpose to the game story. Making Aeris revivable, even it's only an optional non-compulsory sidequest, will make FF7 storyline lost some of it punchline and directions.

Point #2:
I agree on it.

Point #3:
More story is probably good, but multiple endings is hard to be agreeable, because it's impossible to do, unless a massive storyline overhaul is done. A massive storyline overhaul=a new game, at least for me.

Point #4
Agree with this.

Point #5
The list of materia/accessories/weapons/enemies/enemy skills/armours in FF7 original is more than enough to beat the hell out of Sephiroth, or to do anything you want in the game. Why you need more? Making ridiculous points ( sorry really have to stress my points ) only will make the folks at Square pissed off ( if they do read the petition ) and they probably won't do other points that worth doing.

Point #6
Sephiroth being uncontrollable by the player is a sign of his personality ( a man with pride and high ego ). Making him controllable ( it's actually possible if you know how to do it - but only with Gameshark ) by player will reduce his personality to just a normal character, and not the best villain in all FF series, rubbing the shine off FF7 solid story.

Point #7
How long you've played FF7? I've logged more than 2000 hours playing FF7 ( either on PC or PSX ) and I think everyone here knows what happens to all characters mentioned in point #7. For example Reeve ( the first name ). How 's he die? You could actually watch a FMV showing his last seconds on Earth. What happened to others by the time Cloud and Co. go to fight Sephiroth could be explained.

Point #8
More playable characters that were unseen before? It's impossible. If to make playable chracters from existing ones such as Reeve ( like in point #7 ), probably it's possible, but massive overhaul would be needed.

Point #9
All items that we get in FF7 in normal mode as usable IINM. What seemingly useless items?

My main point is not to make impossible or ridiculous request to Square, but just limiting it to the ones that could really give the game a boost, like your point #2 and #4. For example, your point #3 could be changed by asking Square to renovate their stupid ending instead of making new ones.

[This message has been edited by cHiBiMaRuKo (edited February 01, 2001).]

FFIX PC petion
« Reply #20 on: 2001-02-01 20:39:00 »
About the FF9 PC Petition. There's really about 100 less signatures then there are. Read the signatures. Almost all of the last 2 pages is just this one guy spamming the thing.

cHiBiMaRuKo: Good insight. I'll let the other group members know. I'll tell you what we decide.

To answer your questions, I've played FF7 for at least as long as you. Been playing almost non-stop since December of '98.
What cinematic with Reeve? Sure, he is Cait Sith, but that doesn't mean you see *him* in the 8 minute video. Also, keep in mind that for Biggs, Wedge, Jessy, Zack, and Tseng, you never actually see them die. You see them all apparently close to dying. That's it. In most of those cases, it would be easy for a story writer to fit in something that saves them.

As for the useless items, we're referring to the Super Sweeper, Masamune Blade (not the Masamune, which is impossible to get without cheating), Fight Diary, Autograph, Gambler.
This also would have included Tissues and 1/35 Soldiers, but apparently the Tissues control the difficulty in the Battle Arena, and the 1/35 Soldiers can be kept at the house you can buy in Costa Del Sol. I haven't tested the thing about them making the Ft. Condor battles not cost anything yet.

[This message has been edited by Srethron Askvelhtnod (edited February 01, 2001).]

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #21 on: 2001-02-02 12:00:00 »
If you have the full set of 1/35 soldiers, you can enter the battle at Fort Condor without spending any Gil.

Oh man, my 100th post!

[This message has been edited by cHiBiMaRuKo (edited February 02, 2001).]

FFIX PC petion
« Reply #22 on: 2001-02-02 21:03:00 »
Finally. Someone who's actually done it. As stated above, I've heard it but never tried it.

Congrats on your newfound Crazyness!

The Skillster

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #23 on: 2001-02-02 23:45:00 »
wow! i always thought those items where useless!! can someone (srethron) explain the relationship;
like more tissues equal lower difficulty etc

The Skillster

• View Profile
FFIX PC petion
« Reply #24 on: 2001-02-02 23:47:00 »
and whats a full set? 5,10,15?
edit: damn ie!!