Author Topic: [SOLVED] Converting PC-1998 via FF7_GameConverter_7H makes graphics break  (Read 1645 times)

grifmoney

• View Profile
SOLVED. Instead of using FF7_GameConverter_7H, do:

Hi, I'm sorry if it's been asked and answered but I've been poking around for several days and still can't resolve this issue. My game runs extremely slowly, the background is glitchy, and the text is jank.

I can install correctly from my PC-1998 discs and the game works as intended, but as soon as I convert to 1.02 with FF7_GameConverter_7H things break. API.log indicates that the setup is correct:

Code: [Select]
[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 1060/PCIe/SSE2 4.6.0 NVIDIA 388.16
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected

When I reattempt I always uninstall the game and then delete the folder, then reinstall fresh from the discs. I want to get Reunion 05c running. I've tried downloading Aali's driver manually and running the registry keys, but that didn't help.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show

Thanks for taking a look!

Edit: Changing the internal size in ff7_opengl.cfg from 3840 x 2160 to 800 x 600 helps with the background glitches, but there's still red peeking through when I move around, text is still jank, and the framerate doesn't improve very much.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-02 00:24:33 by grifmoney »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Your might possibly be to go into your FF7 folder, right click on opengl.cfg and edit with notepad.
Look for a line near the top that says "Modpath = " and write Textures after it.

That's usually my fix for this

grifmoney

• View Profile
It ended up being something else! Edited OP, thanks!