Author Topic: Help with black chocobo?  (Read 2285 times)

Ironnipple

• View Profile
Help with black chocobo?
« on: 2015-04-10 23:20:04 »
So I'm probably going to sound like a complete idiot here, but whatever.
I recently bought FF7 from the Steam store and I want to play it through again. But I don't have all the time I had as a kid to sit and level up characters like back in the day.
Anyway, I downloaded the black chocobo program, and used it to do the tweaking i desired. Only problem is, now i dont know how to get the black chocobo tweaks to load onto my steam copy of FF7.  Admittedly, I'm not the most computer savvy individual, so any help you guys could offer would be much appreciated.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Help with black chocobo?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-04-12 05:11:32 »
you should be able to just open your save from the steam copy . if you have a metadata.xml present (used on steam/2012 version to prevent editing) it should be detected and automagicly edited. your save should be in a specific folder  <userDir>\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII Steam\User_<ID>\  check to be sure your save is in a folder like user_######  (some numbers) . If your metadata.xml is incorrect you saves could be deleted so be sure to back them up before you attempt to edit any saves. If you are trying to add new save (like from a ps3 maybe) to your steam copy you must use the Metadata creator (File -> Create Cloud Save Folder) .