Author Topic: Timu Sumisu's WIP/Release thread. BARRET RELEASED!!! 07/09/09  (Read 165518 times)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
timu sumisu
If u will some one made some other models? mb u'll look this thread: _http://bbs.ffsky.com/disp.aspx?ID=1654607&bid=2
There are good artwork  :wink:

Are these Concept Art from the official artists? Or just Fan made?

:-o :? 8-) :lol:
Fun made...

*why ya little...*

Come on I'm serious.... :x

squallff8

• View Profile
timu sumisu
If u will some one made some other models? mb u'll look this thread: _http://bbs.ffsky.com/disp.aspx?ID=1654607&bid=2

Fun made...

*why ya little...*

I was serious too :-).It's just parody on official arts.Here is real Tetsuya Nomura's artwork:
http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_final-fantasy-7-advent-children_a.html

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
timu sumisu

Fun made...

*why ya little...*

I was serious too :-).It's just parody on official arts.Here is real Tetsuya Nomura's artwork:
http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_final-fantasy-7-advent-children_a.html

I see.... I was kinda mesmerized/surprised by the Artwork..Even thinking it was an authentic Concept Art...
But you're right it was "Fun Made"..  :lol:

Sorry for earlier though... :oops:

squallff8

• View Profile
*deleted*
 :-)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-19 08:36:57 by squallff8 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Had some experiments with Ehrgeiz today:

It's nice to see some work being done on Ehrgeiz :-)

However, I suggest you put that in another thread, or Halkun might delete this one :lol:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
its fascinating how they still unwrap characters teh same way, but alas yes, keep it elsewhere, i dont want halkun to eat my thread

squallff8

• View Profile
Okay!Sure...i deleted them!I don't mean use them,because models won't be releasable.
I meant use them like example for making new from scratch!
Ehrgeiz have many missing Chars like Tifa(Old style),Vincent,Yuffi,Sephiroth,Django(can be used for Red XIII)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
its not unwrapped, so you can have some fun trying to do that, texture as you see fit, and feel free to release, but based on the outcome it may or may not be included in the avalanche name (were anal about our product quality)

yoann80

Hello everybody I am a French player of ff7, I am following your work for a while and I love ff7 remakes has nine is cool, cloud and barret but when aerith as in crisis core?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
i am remaking the main cast of ff7, so they'll get done eventually, however i am not remaking characters in costumes or designs other than the original game, so no CC aeris

yoann80

ok but I have seen on the site that someone has managed to make aerith cc but there is no link  :-(

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Because that model was from CC, by law it's illegal to share it out.

yoann80

ha ok , thanks for information

Dango88

Hi, I have to ask if any progress has been made on the Tifa Model, she's my favourite character  :oops:

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
I belive the model is finished, it just needs a texture mapped to it  :wink:
I'm sure it will be done eventually....

Dango88

oh, well I wouldn't know anything about texturing, I just love playing the game  :lol:

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
I just love playing the game  :lol:

Me too, but I also enjoy customizing everything I can! I also like testing mods and improving upon them, if I can  :lol:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
I'm scheming an interesting project, keep your eyes peeled, i'll need lotsa feedback on my preproduction work.

H'okay: here we go ;)

I got my hands on dissidia sometime back, and found that cloud's design was quite interesting, take more from its anime roots. Now, as much as I love Apz's cloud model (it inspired me to model up a whole buncha stuff) I dont find it fits that well with the rest of the anime style of ff7. Given I'm highly familiar with the character I figure this'd be a good project
1- to add to team avalanches graphical overhaul
2- practice my texturing cuz if anyone has notice... I havnt textured any of my models

Now lets analyse this. (the following is partly for feedback, and also for me to put my ideas down and conjure up some answers)

Our big issue here is the design. Lets take a look at the original

I think it looks a little silly, largely because of the belt. Comparing the original, and the dissidia model, lets take a look at where the belt is placed ( i added the SOLDIER logo texture to help show this point)

Originally, the belt and SOLDIER logo acted as something of a "champions belt" (think those wrestler belts), and covered the torso and mid to upper abs. In dissidia, the belt is around the waist, acting more like *shock* what do you know... a belt. I think this looks better, and reduces the image of a nerd with his pants too high, which just doesnt fit cloud. (feel free to shout pro con). The problem here is that the original belt is at the bottom of the torso peice, and where the dissidia belt is, would be more in the crotch peice. This'd look something like

It would be fairly hidden by the legs, and might animate awkwardly, but for all i know might be fine, its a tough call and hard to know this early into producing the model. Another issue is the style of the belt. Dissidia has a wide belt with a smalle band around it, the compilation has the Soldier belt supported by 2 regular belts, and the original, as seen in the artwork above, is just a wide leather belt with metal studs. - not sure where to go with that.

Luckily, the hair isnt a big issue, as the dissidia hairstyle is similar yet new-ish enough that it fits my goals, and is a fine reference.

The last issue bugging me (that i can think of) is color. Uniform - blue, purple, black - who knows, I'm really not sure where to go wtih this, the project is going towards staying close to the original, but i dunno... the purple rly bugs me. dissidia does it well, but nonethe less.. same with the hair. more orange like kh, more yellow/greenish like dissidia, more natural blonde like ac? give your ideas.

Here's a closeup of each model should you need it -

« Last Edit: 2009-09-21 04:03:54 by timu sumisu »

obesebear

• View Profile
I always thought his hair was a dirty blonde (reference the original artwork you posted).

As for the uniform.  I remember reading (somewhere) that the uniform was going to be black (like crisis core) in the original game, but the creators decided on purple at the last minute because they didn't like the way the black color looked against the other backgrounds.   Personally, I say black is the way to go.

secondadvent

• View Profile
in essence, purple is black (look at a black chocobo... it is pretty purple to me :D), so i would agree with going for black. he is supposed to be (impersonating) a first class SOLDIER anyway, and firsts wear black suits >:D

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
he is supposed to be (impersonating) a first class SOLDIER anyway, and firsts wear black suits >:D

They only wear black in crisis core, in the original game they wore purple

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
I suppose i'm gonna have to try and make purple look xtra badass

Matt2Tees

• View Profile

Your good with photoshop right? why not just make the uniform purple, then re-colour it black, include both with the model and ppl can choose, then everyone's happy :wink:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile

Your good with photoshop right? why not just make the uniform purple, then re-colour it black, include both with the model and ppl can choose, then everyone's happy :wink:

But the battle model was blue :|

But as long as it's easy to do, I agree with the idea of making two releases with different colours.

I'll be using the colour that's closest to the original :wink:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
i'm not that good with photoshop, but i'll experiment when its done, any thots on the other aspects? such as the belt?

and no, the original battle model was actually purple