Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3029694 times)

ff7mickjager

• View Profile
How does this actually install? I have the Steam version. I've followed the directions on the first post. Everything installs as it should. I'm running the install with admin privileges. All the folders are installed into the installation path. However, when I start a new game, none of the changes are in the game. What gives?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Why don't you do what the first post suggests?  Ask yourself a logical question - if you were me, would what you have just said help you to diagnose the problem?  No one here has telepathy.  I'm getting very close now to just popping people who don't read the first post - or help file - on ignore for the absolute duration of the time I am on this forum and letting others answer.  It's ridiculous.  :-D
« Last Edit: 2020-04-28 18:24:02 by DLPB »

ff7mickjager

• View Profile
I literally said I read the first post...

There is no troubleshoot section on this forum. I don't know what you expect. If a ton of people keep asking you simple questions on how to solve "simple" issues, then you have clearly failed to outline them in a simple format to read (or even find).

Thanks for nothing?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
You clearly didn't read the first post because it tells you exactly what to do and what to check. Let me give you a hint:  Logs are there.  Do you suppose those logs are there for my health?   ::) A template is there telling you not to post a bug report without using that template.  I'm honestly starting to think the world has turned into a lunatic asylum.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-28 20:11:27 by DLPB »

deku

• View Profile
Just want to say thanks for all you do/have done DLPB. Same to the others that have helped you. It’s a huge undertaking and greatly appreciated. I’m sure it doesn’t help that the world is a stressful mess right now too. I think everyone is a little on edge.  Take care!

Agravaile

• View Profile
[FF7PC] Reunion R06: Status menu options & battle healing
« Reply #6255 on: 2020-04-29 00:12:03 »
Probably those 2 things were asked about here before, though i might have luck with someone having the knowledge to make such things real. I've no idea how much effort this would take, but would it be possible to add an Save/Load option into status menu using Reunion framework. Also, another thing that would be great is to return the healing menu during battle, like in this screenshot:

I believe it could be possible making it as hext files, like already existing "Limit status", "Quit menu" and "Save anywhere" hexts.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Khimaro3

• View Profile
1. Reunion won't work, can't run ff7_en.exe, asks me to run via Launcher
2. It just happens after instalation
3. Its empty.
4. The Reunion - R06e

Executable: D:\Program Files (x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7_EN.exe

Warning: No valid registry entry was found.
Are you sure Final Fantasy VII is installed properly and that this is a legitimate copy?

5. no crash file
6. Didn't crashed/hanged - beggining of the game
7. Audio.log missing

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I think the error Message is telling you the problem.  Run via launcher.  if you're not using steam version, see help file.

Agravaile

• View Profile
I have a question about fancy transparency, it seems to have an effect for PNG textures that are being used with Reunion. A little while i had problems with font transparency in usfont textures, and turning that option on fixed it, but the thing is, why did i even turned it off in the first place.

You see, it will be a bit hard to explain, but turning off "fancy_transparency" option, seems to make the "help" bar transition much smoother between field and battles, that's what made me think it's better to be turned off, 'cause it fades in the same speed as the entire screen. While with transparency on, it's fade time seems a little bit off and appears much more sooner that it should be, it is on screen already while other UI elements are still fading in.

So my question is, can that fade be fixed?

And why is there even an option called "fancy_transparency". Would be great to know, since, i've checked a couple of times the help files for it, and there's been no explanation.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-29 07:44:07 by Agravaile »

AssailantLF

• View Profile
Sorry about improperly reporting this bug last time. I reinstalled FF7 on Steam a 3rd time, and made sure the program folder was absolutely gone beforehand. Only installed Reunion R06e and nothing else.

Bug report:
1. An explanation of the bug
During the intro of the game after picking up the restore materia, when I walk up to the reactor, Barrett quickly runs away from Cloud until he's off-screen. Then I'm left at a soft-lock where Cloud stands staring at the reactor, and none of the buttons do anything except toggle the speed of the game.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
Yeah, it's happened consistently in 2 separate new games and 3 separate installations on the same machine. Originally I thought it might've been Satsuki's textures somehow, but this time I didn't install them and it still happened.
3. App.log (found in root folder)
Drive link
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
Drive link
6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang
Drive link
7. Audio.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
Drive link

I don't think this is a performance issue, but just in case:
8. Your CPU spec
Ryzen 5 3600
9. Your operating system
Windows 10 Build 18363

Screenshot of softlock:
« Last Edit: 2020-04-29 12:21:29 by AssailantLF »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Before I check, make sure Cloud is slot 1 and barrett slot 2 from the formation menu.  If this is related it will be fixed by a hotfix pretty soon because I've had to rethink the formation bug fix yet again.

AssailantLF

• View Profile
make sure Cloud is slot 1 and barrett slot 2 from the formation menu

Ah, I had Barrett in slot 3 for no particular reason.. Putting him back in slot 2 fixed it. Thanks for the info, and Reunion in general. Now I can keep playing this instead of that other remake.

WhoaIsThatMars

• View Profile
1. An explanation of the bug
Several times toward the end of disc 2, Cait Sith's dialogue is blank on the Highwind after the reveal. The one following Barret's "You're with Shin-Ra ain't ya? So, why the hell not!?" is the one that is the problem. The pressing O to advance the dialogue does nothing.

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
It happened the initial time, then again with a soft reset of the game using the shortcut, then again with a hard reset of the game (closing it and re-launching it)

3. App.log (found in root folder)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z8xORwPrBG2wP4rs9DvNBKGkI0YcRKaJ
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AXYRubKJS602S7C05zVsWTnCX2Tip9En
6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1epRViJJ6xNLsDtTh_b_GkeG1pkxLOFNT
7. Audio.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kcVgLO5tAcJ0zS_9qDOe8ZhJx6EE-GI4

8. Your CPU spec
Ryzen 5 3600
9. Your operating system
Windows 10 Build 18363.778

First post on this site. Just wanna say I've really enjoyed the work done with Reunion. First time fully playing FFVII. I hope this can be fixed easily. I was hoping to finish the game this week. I was streaming when this happened so if you need to see it in video form, just message me I guess. Thanks for all the hard work!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
This is because you are using fixed name option in installer but the character names are not what The Reunion uses at name screen time [In this case, Cait - Not Cait Sith].  Read the help file and reinstall without the option.

WhoaIsThatMars

• View Profile
ah! I'm a dummy. Thanks for the quick reply.

frneo

• View Profile
Ever since I installed r06e, I'm getting no help icons on Field screens when pressing select.

Is this intended behavior? I looked through this topic and didn't find anything about that. I apologize if I'm being dumb or something.

Thank you!
Apparently it got changed to L2 for me. Don't know if this is intended, but I like it. Quoted my message since I can't edit my posts.

Thank you!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
if you're going to post here, ff7mickjager, you're going to need to be civil and you're going to need to do exactly what the first post suggests.  There is a template there and I want you to copy it and use it.  Read the help file also.  App log is always generated. If you're having issues with no logs etc - it's not a Reunion issue - it's a you issue.  You'll need to provide pictures - the works - No good expecting any help being abusive or asking me to use special telepathy sonar.

ajnu

• View Profile
Hi - installed this and in general really, really love this mod. However, I am using some other graphic mods that keep the chibi style (and that's what I prefer, honestly) - however, not all models are updated, so some characters are chibi and some are not, which is really jarring for the field models. Is there any way to undo the Reunion model overhaul, or reset it to the default? I'd rather have the low-res original chibi models + some updated ones than half chibi half not.

I guess I could do a completely clean install of The Reunion but if there was just a way to find the original models that I can copy over to the right folders, or somehow disable the new models without disabling the ninostyle ones I'm using, that's what I'm looking for. I read through the guide and model overhaul isn't working and I can't seem to figure out how to keep The Reunion mod but just disable using the updated models.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-30 21:30:05 by ajnu »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but on the way to Reactor 5, in the first car that you're in where you can get a Phoenix Tail from the hobo in the back, the dialogue with the Shin-Ra Manager doesn't stop your character from moving like with all other dialogue. So you can talk to him and keep moving towards Tifa and activate her script.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
not a reunion bug - please post this on the general bug thread

First post
Do NOT report bugs to this thread if the issue exists with the original game [i.e, When The Reunion is disabled]  Report to:http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17591.0
« Last Edit: 2020-05-01 11:35:08 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Reunion R06: Status menu options & battle healing
« Reply #6271 on: 2020-05-01 12:34:19 »
A genuine question... why is this needed when you can use Switch from any menu to display this info?

To be fair, it is not, though at the same time, why would you even need the status name written to you on the UI (when you press that switch button), when you can see it on your character model (He glows green when poisoned, for example). While the example given right now is different in priority, it bears the same idea, just to make life a bit easier and save you the hassle (not that it is!) of pressing the switch button. Also making the menu look a bit neater.

Also, there is another question of being faithfull to the original. It was on PS1, why wouldn't it be here? Why would the developers go on their way to make that menu? It feels then like the game has cut something, not added. And when a certain mechanic that was broken was removed, it can be alright, but in the OG the menu was there for helping, and worked perfectly. So there's also some of the "purist" feeling going on here, to be honest.

I hope it was enough to explain it.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-01 12:35:58 by Agravaile »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Reunion R06: Status menu options & battle healing
« Reply #6272 on: 2020-05-01 17:56:18 »
I didn't create this thread to argue or debate at all, neither did i say anywhere that it was "essential". I think i agreed enough that it was more for that "purist" feeling fulfillment, and nothing more, as well as the given example was more of an idea about it, like i said, not a statement, 'cause status indication is indeed essential, a lot more than that submenu. Importantly, it's not that i obligate anyone to invest that time for the sake of me not pressing the button by creating this thread, it was more of a "let's see if anyone agrees with me on that" and perhaps has the knowledge to do that, 'cause i don't, though i wish i did. If someone decides to invest it eventually, it will be on their own will. Maybe i'm the only one around here who thinks this menu is needed, and only interested people will prove that otherwise. So, if someone is, it's their will to make that possible, if nobody is, then nothing happens, since i lack the knowledge to do that. So no one loses their time either way, even if it does take a lot of work.

You likely knowing the HP before you even opened the menu to heal by the way is a fair point to be honest, though makes me want to ask, why then the developers bothered with their time to add that sub-menu?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-01 18:04:36 by Agravaile »

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
not a reunion bug - please post this on the general bug thread

First post

Apologies Dan-man, I don't play vanilla 7 anymore ever since your mod existed. Can't go back once you've had a taste of paradise. :D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
:P  Sorry.  Being way too confrontational and I can't help it. Just a lot of stress in general.  I might need to just expand this thread for general bug reports because i'll be forever telling people to use the other thread, won't i?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-02 01:41:03 by DLPB »