Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836810 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8750 on: 2019-11-23 19:45:42 »
the thing is: this glitch randomly appears. I swear i never used a save editor. This glitch random appears like for example, i hit the middle way to exp bar and BAM here it comes!

I've seen the glitch before but not like this.

It seems that he needs a lot more EXP for this particular level than he should (110000 instead of roughly 20,000). The gauge corrects itself once he levels up to 46, and doesn't seem to reappear for the new few levels after that.

Best approach would be to ignore it and carry on; when he levels up to 46 it will likely return to normal. But let me know if it resurfaces after that.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-23 19:47:26 by Sega Chief »

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: 2019-11-23 19:48:05 »
I've seen the glitch before but not like this.

It seems that he needs a lot more EXP for this particular level than he should (110000 instead of roughly 20,000). The gauge corrects itself once he levels up to 46, and doesn't seem to reappear for the new few levels after that.

Best approach would be to ignore it and carry on; when he levels up to 46 it will likely return to normal. But let me know if it resurfaces after that.
many thanks for support i willn ignore it (bnow yuffie got it too andshe is level 40 to 41. Barret now dinged 40 and is displaying correctly as far as i can see. In the future if something like this will keep on reappearing i will report again.

btw Is my load order correct?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: 2019-11-23 19:50:27 »
many thanks for support i willn ignore it (bnow yuffie got it too andshe is level 40 to 41. Barret now dinged 40 and is displaying correctly as far as i can see. In the future if something like this will keep on reappearing i will report again.

btw Is my load order correct?

Should be, NT typically goes bottom like with other gameplay mods.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: 2019-11-24 22:32:49 »
I'm in favor of changing the Steal formula to scale off of Dexterity & Luck, since Arrange Mode gives several levels to enemies, making it extremely difficult to snag their Steal Items (the Moth Slashers and SOLDIER 3rd Class are the most notable offenders of this, since most characters want the Carbon Bangle, and Cloud appreciates the Mythril Sword. Trying to Morph them is very dangerous in Arrange Mode, since they can and will kill the party very quickly).

If you tweak the game to let us switch Cloud out of the party as early as leaving Midgar, that would be wonderful, especially for those of us planning for parties that don't include Cloud. (My Arrange Mode party is gonna be Physical Attacker Aerith, Tifa Tank, and Red Mage)

Since I brought up Aerith, I wanna note that her Princess Guard is a bit of a downgrade from her other two choices for endgame weapons. The stat bonuses from the Fairy Tale and Wizard Staff alone are plenty strong enough to put them above the Princess Guard, but the Princess Guard also applying Shield on hit just drags it down ever further. Shield is kinda bad since it causes far more harm than help against non-elemental enemies (such as the WEAPONS) since Shield prevents healing via Full Cure or Aerith bopping the party again.

Also what is the special effect for Cait Sith's Ultimate Weapon? The ingame description for it is "? ? ? ?"
His Platinum Megaphone is also kinda bizarre. Only one Linked Slot Pair, with so many unlinked slots kinda makes it hard for him to make some fun Magic combos that, say, Yuffie can do with her Crystal Cross + Armor.
The White Megaphone being his only MP Healing Weapon seems kinda weird, since over half of Aerith's weapons are healing staffs. The White Megaphone only having 3 unlinked slots is also a notable drawback, since he can't do fun things such as Barrier=Added Effect + Slash All/Mega All, like Aerith can with her Healing Staffs.
The Starlight Megaphone seems kinda pointless since the Crystal Megaphone boosts Luck in addition to Vitality & Spirit (which more than makes up for the 15 point loss in both defensive stats, since Cait prefers boosts to his Luck) and has the same number of Materia Slots. Maybe change this (or the Crystal Megaphone) into another MP Restoring Megaphone?

EDIT:
I just noticed that Tifa has three Dex+30 weapons. Strange that her Dexterity weapons have the same Dex value, while Yuffie has properly "tiered" Dexterity weapons.

EDIT 2:
BTW Stardust Ray is pathetically bad. I pumped Red's Magic stat to 255, and Stardust Ray only did ~770 per hit (for a total of ~7,700 damage over 10 hits). Compared to Earth Rave doing about 3000 per hit and being able to crit for 6000+ (for a total damage range of between 15,000 - 30,000+ over 5 hits) when I pumped Red's Strength to 255. Please consider buffing Stardust Ray to at least be more comparable to Earth Rave, since Stardust Ray scaling off of Magic is supposed to be a big draw point for building Red as a Mage.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-25 03:22:51 by PokeFaize »

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: 2019-11-25 09:43:23 »
i have to post a perplexity i got: I just have CID in my party (finished rocket town) and now he got his basic standard spear equipped. Each time he attacks in battle the screen flashes like hes critting even if he misses an attack. Does he have a built in deathblow? :/ he does always crit or miss attacks, never plain basic damage.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: 2019-11-25 13:38:36 »
I'm in favor of changing the Steal formula to scale off of Dexterity & Luck, since Arrange Mode gives several levels to enemies, making it extremely difficult to snag their Steal Items (the Moth Slashers and SOLDIER 3rd Class are the most notable offenders of this, since most characters want the Carbon Bangle, and Cloud appreciates the Mythril Sword. Trying to Morph them is very dangerous in Arrange Mode, since they can and will kill the party very quickly).

If you tweak the game to let us switch Cloud out of the party as early as leaving Midgar, that would be wonderful, especially for those of us planning for parties that don't include Cloud. (My Arrange Mode party is gonna be Physical Attacker Aerith, Tifa Tank, and Red Mage)

Since I brought up Aerith, I wanna note that her Princess Guard is a bit of a downgrade from her other two choices for endgame weapons. The stat bonuses from the Fairy Tale and Wizard Staff alone are plenty strong enough to put them above the Princess Guard, but the Princess Guard also applying Shield on hit just drags it down ever further. Shield is kinda bad since it causes far more harm than help against non-elemental enemies (such as the WEAPONS) since Shield prevents healing via Full Cure or Aerith bopping the party again.

Also what is the special effect for Cait Sith's Ultimate Weapon? The ingame description for it is "? ? ? ?"
His Platinum Megaphone is also kinda bizarre. Only one Linked Slot Pair, with so many unlinked slots kinda makes it hard for him to make some fun Magic combos that, say, Yuffie can do with her Crystal Cross + Armor.
The White Megaphone being his only MP Healing Weapon seems kinda weird, since over half of Aerith's weapons are healing staffs. The White Megaphone only having 3 unlinked slots is also a notable drawback, since he can't do fun things such as Barrier=Added Effect + Slash All/Mega All, like Aerith can with her Healing Staffs.
The Starlight Megaphone seems kinda pointless since the Crystal Megaphone boosts Luck in addition to Vitality & Spirit (which more than makes up for the 15 point loss in both defensive stats, since Cait prefers boosts to his Luck) and has the same number of Materia Slots. Maybe change this (or the Crystal Megaphone) into another MP Restoring Megaphone?

EDIT:
I just noticed that Tifa has three Dex+30 weapons. Strange that her Dexterity weapons have the same Dex value, while Yuffie has properly "tiered" Dexterity weapons.

EDIT 2:
BTW Stardust Ray is pathetically bad. I pumped Red's Magic stat to 255, and Stardust Ray only did ~770 per hit (for a total of ~7,700 damage over 10 hits). Compared to Earth Rave doing about 3000 per hit and being able to crit for 6000+ (for a total damage range of between 15,000 - 30,000+ over 5 hits) when I pumped Red's Strength to 255. Please consider buffing Stardust Ray to at least be more comparable to Earth Rave, since Stardust Ray scaling off of Magic is supposed to be a big draw point for building Red as a Mage.

Cait's weapon is like the enemy skill of the same name; it deals damage based on the difference of his current HP vs Max HP.

i have to post a perplexity i got: I just have CID in my party (finished rocket town) and now he got his basic standard spear equipped. Each time he attacks in battle the screen flashes like hes critting even if he misses an attack. Does he have a built in deathblow? :/ he does always crit or miss attacks, never plain basic damage.

He doesn't have anything special set on him or the weapon; try it without menu overhaul on and see if it still happens.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: 2019-11-25 14:05:30 »
still the same stuff. I noticed he got 110 luck could be that?=

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: 2019-11-25 22:53:51 »
still the same stuff. I noticed he got 110 luck could be that?=

Wouldn't be every time with 110, chance would be about 25% per attack and wouldn't miss.

Updated the vanilla NT version:

1) Checked materia equip values were default (make sure your .exes are getting patched). If in doubt, use vanilla .exes.

2) Restored original locations for most items and Materia. Not all, but most.

3) Ancient Forest final screen restored to default

4) Cleaned up Da Chao cave scripts to remove NT event there.

https://mega.nz/#!j41jlagJ!3C0if-ziU4epLf34Nvn-1vwD4O5By34BOAZPFFVRX9c

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: 2019-11-26 16:08:37 »
Wouldn't be every time with 110, chance would be about 25% per attack and wouldn't miss.

Updated the vanilla NT version:

1) Checked materia equip values were default (make sure your .exes are getting patched). If in doubt, use vanilla .exes.

2) Restored original locations for most items and Materia. Not all, but most.

3) Ancient Forest final screen restored to default

4) Cleaned up Da Chao cave scripts to remove NT event there.

https://mega.nz/#!j41jlagJ!3C0if-ziU4epLf34Nvn-1vwD4O5By34BOAZPFFVRX9c

thanks sega

i noticed new nt mod in 7th heaven. i need to download that aswell? and how can i update it properly via 7th heaven?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: 2019-11-26 20:02:12 »
thanks sega

i noticed new nt mod in 7th heaven. i need to download that aswell? and how can i update it properly via 7th heaven?

That's not the standard NT mod that was updated, that's a different offshoot version which uses default battles. I forgot to make an IRO of it so I'll do that now.

FF7 NT Vanilla Combat Iro: https://mega.nz/#!j51xFIiC!pv4vGBZ9UNmREyoDk3q97omTAwtATGUnd-vfWqiTYPw
« Last Edit: 2019-11-26 20:09:33 by Sega Chief »

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8760 on: 2019-11-26 21:05:57 »
I've reached Mt. Nibel and things are starting to really hurt now.

The Shinra Mansion Experiment Mutant Boss in Arranged Mode nearly gave me a heart attack when "phase 2" started since I had already burned most of my resources on "phase 1"...

The Nibel Dragons are now the dangerous monsters that they should've been. I nearly got wiped by one, even before I accidentally caused it to use Dragon Force.

The Armor Keeper is... wow. It oneshot everyone, which is a problem sine I screwed up the pipe slides by not kicking down the ladder... Guess I'll have to come back later.....

By the way, I didn't get stopped at any point to get told to pick up Vincent, so I kinda skipped over him.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: 2019-11-26 22:04:05 »
One of the chests in Shinra Mansion has the basement key, rather than it being in the Safe; the chest closest to the Safe has it.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: 2019-11-26 22:08:49 »
I already know about the key being moved. I'm just saying that I have yet to be forced to go get Vincent. If you want him to be "mandatory", you might want to set an event or something to avoid people skipping over him.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: 2019-11-27 10:03:01 »
I already know about the key being moved. I'm just saying that I have yet to be forced to go get Vincent. If you want him to be "mandatory", you might want to set an event or something to avoid people skipping over him.

Oh, I see. And I remember now, because a certain other character was made optional it can cause trouble on Arrange mode if the player reaches Bizarro with less than 8 characters. Maybe I should just set the conditions on Bizarro to make it 2-party if less than 8 characters are there instead.

Torus

• View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: 2019-11-27 14:53:48 »
I've been playing the latest version and it really just seems like Yuffie's Perfect Dodge does not do anything, Cover materia or no. This time I installed it on a clean Steam version using the installer (rather than the time I tried playing last year, where I used 7th Heaven and forgot to replace the .exe files. That time, I also got to Yuffie and realized Perfect Dodge didn't do anything, but I blamed myself for it.)

I am honestly not sure what could be causing this, since I pretty much cleaned out all my data for a fresh install and started a new game. I am not using any other mods.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: 2019-11-27 21:12:41 »
I've been playing the latest version and it really just seems like Yuffie's Perfect Dodge does not do anything, Cover materia or no. This time I installed it on a clean Steam version using the installer (rather than the time I tried playing last year, where I used 7th Heaven and forgot to replace the .exe files. That time, I also got to Yuffie and realized Perfect Dodge didn't do anything, but I blamed myself for it.)

I am honestly not sure what could be causing this, since I pretty much cleaned out all my data for a fresh install and started a new game. I am not using any other mods.

Altering evasion seems erratic. I'll probably be moving away from Evasion for an innate, I had an idea for a replacement that would be two effects; one would be boosting Gil in battles she's involved with, and the other I'm still trying things out.

Torus

• View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: 2019-11-28 12:09:17 »
Entered a battle against Beach Plugs and defended myself with Reflect. Their party-wide Ice 2 proceeded to bounce back and forth between random party members and random enemies (who also had reflect on due to I assume Big Guard) around a dozen times before finally dealing damage. Is the back-and-forth a new intentional effect of Reflect?

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: 2019-11-28 14:32:20 »
Entered a battle against Beach Plugs and defended myself with Reflect. Their party-wide Ice 2 proceeded to bounce back and forth between random party members and random enemies (who also had reflect on due to I assume Big Guard) around a dozen times before finally dealing damage. Is the back-and-forth a new intentional effect of Reflect?

That's intentional. If you have reflect and the enemy has reflect, it will bounce between until one sides reflect wears off. I believe VII has 4 uses of reflect before the spell is considered used, but I could be wrong.

So if you have 4 on Cloud and 4 on The Beach Plug, if Cloud casts Fire 3 on a Bleach Plug it does this: Beach > Cloud > Beach > Cloud > Beach > Cloud > Beach > Cloud which results in you getting hit.

Hope that makes sense.

Torus

• View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: 2019-11-29 19:05:27 »
Out of curiosity, what's the reward for defeating the Cactuar versions in Corel Prison Desert? I gave up on doing it after the little bastard successfully dodged half of Cloud's Meteorain barrage and all the battle items I had thrown at him.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: 2019-11-30 00:30:35 »
Out of curiosity, what's the reward for defeating the Cactuar versions in Corel Prison Desert? I gave up on doing it after the little bastard successfully dodged half of Cloud's Meteorain barrage and all the battle items I had thrown at him.

I'm assuming this is the actual Cactuar, and not the Qactuars.

Cactuar drops Cactuar Gun 100% (an item that almost deals 1000 damage piercing), has no Steal, and morphs into...Cactuar Gun. Like vanilla it gives very little EXP/AP (1 each), but gives 10,000gil.

If on the off-chance it was Qactuar from within the prison then:
Drops Potion sometimes, has Hyper as a Steal, Morphs into Cactuar Gun. 377EXP, 317gil, 17AP.

Torus

• View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: 2019-11-30 06:07:03 »
Thank you very much for the detailed answer! In the meantime, I already spent a considerable amount of time chasing the little bastards in the desert and found out the hard way that the only real reward was the 10000 gil, just like in vanilla...

I also watched a couple videos of the current version just to confirm whether Yuffie's evasion bonus works for other people and I definitely saw her get hit with physical attacks right after "Perfect Dodge ON" gets displayed for the first time, so it's definitely not a problem unique to me, and neither is it tied to her Perfect Dodge re-establishing a second time after being dispelled once. I'm glad to hear that you're moving away from the evasion innate as that has been my only issue in this amazing mod so far!

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: 2019-11-30 16:40:24 »
So if you have 4 on Cloud and 4 on The Beach Plug, if Cloud casts Fire 3 on a Bleach Plug it does this: Beach > Cloud > Beach > Cloud > Beach > Cloud > Beach > Cloud which results in you getting hit.

Actually it'd hit the Beach Plug.
Fire 3 from Cloud (4 Reflects) onto Beach Plug (4 Reflects) -> bounces off of Beach Plug (3 Reflects) -> bounces from Cloud (3 Reflects) -> back to Beach Plug (2 Reflects) -> back from Cloud (2 Reflects) -> to Beach Plug (1 Reflect) -> to Cloud (1 Reflect) -> Beach Plug (0 Reflects) -> Cloud (0 Reflects) -> and Beach Plug gets hit with the Fire 3, since it has no more Reflects.

As for changes to Yuffie, maybe have her come with a Sneak Glove so Stealing early on isn't a pain, and for her Innate Ability changes... maybe something along the same vein as Geo Guard and Second Wind? Maybe a Self Haste when she defends after a certain condition is fulfilled? Or maybe she gets a buff when someone uses the Steal command, similar to Cloud's Limit Boost?

EDIT:
BTW, legit Cid Date Scene when? ;)

EDIT 2:
I just noticed that the Barrier Materia grants Shield (in addition to Wall and Reflect) when paired with Added Effect, but Shield Materia doesn't grant anything when paired with Added Effect.

Also Aerith's Wizard Rod heals MP instead of HP, making it even more vastly superior to the Princess Guard. The in-game description says the Wizard Staff heals HP.

EDIT 3:
So I hopped back over to my normal mode file and I'm not sure if this is a result of having endgame gear, stats, and whatnot, but Ozma was a total pushover. My first attempt was hilariously bad since I still had Hidden Element on my weapons (which resulted in a very dead Cid, thanks to Ozma absorbing Hidden causing the Venus Gospel's drain effect to reverse). My 2nd attempt completely steamrolled Ozma, with Holy Element on my weapons, and Aerith bopping Reflect + Wall (+ Shield) on the party. Reflect kinda tears Ozma apart, since he heavily favors Lv.?? Holy for countering (at least in this attempt), and Ozma nearly takes 9999 from the reflected Lv.?? Holy. Flare Star did laughable damage, leaving Lv.?? Death and Doomsday as his only ways of damaging the gang. Flare Star doing under 600 leads me to believe you're supposed to fight Ozma around the first visit to Nibelheim or during Disc 2, but Doomsday being almost strong enough to wipe my Lv.99 gang of Aerith, Red, and Cid with Wall up makes me think he's supposed to be fought at the end of the game. (I also got an unnamed Item with "? ? ? ?" as its description. what's this for?)

Viridian Weapon was surprisingly tons easier to beat than Carmine Weapon, largely thanks to Shield being useful against it. Unfortunately, I don't think Long Reach will be finding its way on any of my characters, and probably isn't a good reward for taking down Viridian Weapon (especially fighting it without using Shield).
« Last Edit: 2019-11-30 23:31:06 by PokeFaize »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: 2019-12-01 00:20:43 »
As for changes to Yuffie, maybe have her come with a Sneak Glove so Stealing early on isn't a pain, and for her Innate Ability changes... maybe something along the same vein as Geo Guard and Second Wind? Maybe a Self Haste when she defends after a certain condition is fulfilled? Or maybe she gets a buff when someone uses the Steal command, similar to Cloud's Limit Boost?

EDIT:
BTW, legit Cid Date Scene when? ;)

EDIT 2:
I just noticed that the Barrier Materia grants Shield (in addition to Wall and Reflect) when paired with Added Effect, but Shield Materia doesn't grant anything when paired with Added Effect.

Also Aerith's Wizard Rod heals MP instead of HP, making it even more vastly superior to the Princess Guard. The in-game description says the Wizard Staff heals HP.

EDIT 3:
So I hopped back over to my normal mode file and I'm not sure if this is a result of having endgame gear, stats, and whatnot, but Ozma was a total pushover. My first attempt was hilariously bad since I still had Hidden Element on my weapons (which resulted in a very dead Cid, thanks to Ozma absorbing Hidden causing the Venus Gospel's drain effect to reverse). My 2nd attempt completely steamrolled Ozma, with Holy Element on my weapons, and Aerith bopping Reflect + Wall (+ Shield) on the party. Reflect kinda tears Ozma apart, since he heavily favors Lv.?? Holy for countering (at least in this attempt), and Ozma nearly takes 9999 from the reflected Lv.?? Holy. Flare Star did laughable damage, leaving Lv.?? Death and Doomsday as his only ways of damaging the gang. Flare Star doing under 600 leads me to believe you're supposed to fight Ozma around the first visit to Nibelheim or during Disc 2, but Doomsday being almost strong enough to wipe my Lv.99 gang of Aerith, Red, and Cid with Wall up makes me think he's supposed to be fought at the end of the game. (I also got an unnamed Item with "? ? ? ?" as its description. what's this for?)

Viridian Weapon was surprisingly tons easier to beat than Carmine Weapon, largely thanks to Shield being useful against it. Unfortunately, I don't think Long Reach will be finding its way on any of my characters, and probably isn't a good reward for taking down Viridian Weapon (especially fighting it without using Shield).

Something based on Steal/Mug might be an idea. Throw is in contention as well, but depends on whether it consumes stock or not when used through AI.

I'll catch the barrier and wizard rod stuff with the final update.

Ozma is a weird one; I tried to make it as close to the FF9 fight as possible so some of it is a bit off. I can't recall what Flare Star is based on but it isn't target level as that formula isn't in this game. The item it drops is a kill item that ignores status defence, meaning it can one-shot anything in the game.

PokeFaize

• View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: 2019-12-01 01:09:13 »
Throw is in contention as well, but depends on whether it consumes stock or not when used through AI.
Throw is an iffy sort of thing to base an Innate Ability around, especially since x4 Cut and Deathblow=Added Cut can do more than 9999 (a similar issue that plagues All Creation and Cosmo Memory), and an "auto-Throw" can see you losing Weapons that you didn't stock up on for Throwing (e.g. Throwing a Mythril Sword instead of one of the many Boomerangs stolen from those weird bird things in the Junon region).

An innate that improves Steal Rate gets invalidated by the Sneak Glove, and a Gil Bonus innate wouldn't be particularly useful since the average player would only buy the weapons that fit the builds they're going for and maybe a handful of potions, which they'll have plenty of Gil for.

Ozma is a weird one; I tried to make it as close to the FF9 fight as possible so some of it is a bit off. I can't recall what Flare Star is based on but it isn't target level as that formula isn't in this game. The item it drops is a kill item that ignores status defence, meaning it can one-shot anything in the game.
huh. that's strange. oh well. at least I can use that Item to take out Carmine Weapon and no longer be plagued by its continued existence lol

By the way, what on earth is with Nemesis? Inflicting practically every status effect in the game with Ultra Spark, having a 9999 attack to delete a party member, and being extremely fast is waaaayyyyyy too much. Is it even possible to beat him without using Ozma's instakill item drop?

EDIT:
Quick note that I got W-Summon from the Gold Saucer Silver Match and W-Magic from the Gold Match. Your pastebin page on "where to find the things" has them listed as W-Magic as the prize for Silver Match, and W-Summon for Gold Match.

Also what do the Champion Belt and Oversoul Shard do?
« Last Edit: 2019-12-01 01:17:03 by PokeFaize »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: 2019-12-01 01:31:21 »
By the way, what on earth is with Nemesis? Inflicting practically every status effect in the game with Ultra Spark, having a 9999 attack to delete a party member, and being extremely fast is waaaayyyyyy too much. Is it even possible to beat him without using Ozma's instakill item drop?

EDIT:
Quick note that I got W-Summon from the Gold Saucer Silver Match and W-Magic from the Gold Match. Your pastebin page on "where to find the things" has them listed as W-Magic as the prize for Silver Match, and W-Summon for Gold Match.

Also what do the Champion Belt and Oversoul Shard do?

Nemesis is based on the FFX enemy of the same name; he has the same elemental/status immunities, but some statuses exist in FF7 that aren't in FFX. Exploiting that can make it easier, but you'll likely need Resist/Ribbons for it still.

Champion Belt boosts strength and vitality, shards are used for making a Masamune.