Author Topic: screen resolution way out of wack  (Read 12190 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: screen resolution way out of wack
« Reply #25 on: 2011-02-27 22:40:12 »
Use imageshack.

mrsparks

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-02-27 22:44:16 »

« Last Edit: 2011-02-27 22:59:28 by mrsparks »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-02-27 22:50:50 »
Try Imageshack. It's always served me well.

Also, have you made sure your PC's graphics card drivers are up to date?

mrsparks

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-02-27 22:53:34 »
I'll recheck, its only 2 months old(tops), and I completely updated it when I got it
I'm all up to date
« Last Edit: 2011-02-27 23:02:43 by mrsparks »

mrsparks

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-02-27 23:12:10 »
here's an interesting twist, I'm watching the beginning on my other laptop, that I installed remix to.  The beginning on here is completely different than the one on the pc i'm having problems with.  on the bad one(qosmio) its the stock intro, I'll bet that may have something to do with this

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-02-27 23:19:56 »
"Oh."

You're using an ancient version of my driver. Update to 0.7.10b and try again.

mrsparks

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-02-27 23:26:23 »
I'm using 7.10b
I deleted everything and tried only installing your driver direct( no remix) same issue.  I'm going to delete and reinstall again
kills me that my old terd computer took to it like a duck in water

mrsparks

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-02-28 02:37:11 »
I thought I had a nice solution, swap laptops at the tv, play the game, case closed.  I hooked up the older laptop, to the tv, bumped the res up to 1080, and BAM.....the exact same problem.  the older laptop has a top res of 1280x720(will put out 1080p via HDMI) so it was good on the coffee table.  Both laptops use Nvidia cards, although the other card is much older, probably 3 yrs old.  all in all the older laptop runs it fairly decent from its screen.  I decided to check out the qosmio w/o tv hooked up, but it still cut off a good chunk of the screen.  Hooking up to 1 yr old Samsung 46" T.V.  via HDMI.  Been using LCD tv's for monitors for about 4 years now, and have never encountered this before, so I think its safe to eliminate the display as being the culprit.  I'm interested in any experimnets you guys have in mind, I don't mind being the guinee pig.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-02-28 18:46:41 »
OK, seriously?  You were just told to quit making multiple posts, and it's obvious from your past posts you know how to use the edit button.  I would suggest you continue to EDIT from here on out instead of double and triple posting.  Warning issued.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-03-01 04:46:00 »
I thought I had a nice solution, swap laptops at the tv, play the game, case closed.  I hooked up the older laptop, to the tv, bumped the res up to 1080, and BAM.....the exact same problem.  the older laptop has a top res of 1280x720(will put out 1080p via HDMI) so it was good on the coffee table.  Both laptops use Nvidia cards, although the other card is much older, probably 3 yrs old.  all in all the older laptop runs it fairly decent from its screen.  I decided to check out the qosmio w/o tv hooked up, but it still cut off a good chunk of the screen.  Hooking up to 1 yr old Samsung 46" T.V.  via HDMI.  Been using LCD tv's for monitors for about 4 years now, and have never encountered this before, so I think its safe to eliminate the display as being the culprit.  I'm interested in any experimnets you guys have in mind, I don't mind being the guinee pig.

Had the exact same problem. Your resolution is set to something your monitor is "auto-adjusting" try all sorts of weird resolutions and get back to us. Start with 480x640 and up. Hope this helps. You can also try messing with your monitor to get it to stop auto adjusting it.

Vegadawg2

• Admitted Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-03-11 08:20:53 »
I had this same problem after installing my new video card (Nvidia Geforce 210). My picture was too "zoomed-in" when I would start FFVII with Remix and aalis 7.10 driver. I fixed it by changing my font size (DPI) back to default settings in the control panel.  Hope this helps others struggling with this issue.  And and million thanks too all that contribute to this site! Truly outstanding work and dedication to FFVII.

superman

« Reply #36 on: 2011-09-17 07:22:23 »
I have this very same problem, but I haven't changed any fonts or anything. (I have this problem even when I don't have any mod or the update patch installed)
How do I fix this issue?

I'm running XP and I am also using an Nvidia Video card.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I fixed this problem by refreshing the monitor screen manually (manually aligning the screen).
« Last Edit: 2011-09-17 19:08:36 by superman »